Total votes: 18

rick
Site Admin

Re: Chelmsford v Dartford Sat 3 Dec 2022 at 12.30pm

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Just watched the highlights. Giving the ball away like that in the last minute is absolutely criminal, not even sure what he was trying to do. Even more gutted to lose after seeing that.

A big month coming up for us. We've done extremely well to be where we are currently at the halfway point and i dont think anyone expected us to have this kind of start. Let's hope we don't completely fall out of the picture over the next month or two.

COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

That confirms it then, just a cross which eluded everyone and ghosted its way in. Disappointing end to a pretty dull game, pointlessly played ahead of schedule (although it was quite nice to be back so early).
Thought we performed ok for the most part, both sides were fairly locked up and there were very few attempts on target. Cast my vote for Wynter who made a few good blocks and seemed to be in the right place a lot of the time. When Allen came on, it looked like we might put something together, but alas the Claret curse kicked in as usual.
Was weird to turn up before the bar could serve any beer, reminded me a bit of when we played Halifax at Droylsden in the snow and got there double early.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Knew this was going to be a tough one. First time Dowse has said we were better side after losing. Normally he has a very good reason to avoid an interview.
As said, Ebbsfleet need to get a good lead against the opposition to stamp their authority in what is rapidly turning into a forgone conclusion. What happened to H&W yesterday?
We have got ourselves into a good position by winning games ugly. We are not the finished article, not by a long way. If we can maintain this stuttering season of ours we could be in the play-offs in what could be a fruitful season considering.
He hasn't made major new signings and is pretty well sticking with lads he got at the beginning of the season. In my view a bloody good achievement so far.
Hard games coming up, plenty of ammunition for a certain person. :evil:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Very unlucky to lose the game and listening to Dowse's interview it would appear Chelmsford's players celebrations were a bit over the top, disappointing as it's a good club. Hopefully we can get a win in the return fixture but act with a bit more class. Still i suppose we should take it as a compliment as they must feel inferior to act that way :lol: :lol:

Didn't notice it at the time but it sure looks like a good shout for a pen on Pierre (2:39 mins in).

COYD
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

I’ve never known Chelmsford over the years to have a bunch of players who act with dignity and class.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Hopefully that’s our team talk done for the return game!!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Judging from the highlights I thought the Darts were more than deserving of a point. Unfortunately, Chelmsford goal came from a misplaced pass as the Darts attempted to break forward (and not for the first time this season) the ball given away. From the highlights, it was difficult to see Tom Bonner deflecting the shot, and the NLP gave the goal to Dunne. So it must have been the merest of touches by Tom from the crossed ball cos to me it seemed the ball was going wide of the goalpost. Most undeserved goal by Chelmsford in which a draw would have been a fair result. Thought the Darts knocked the ball around well for most of the match, which gives optimism for the forthcoming tough games.

COYD