Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

Mark Sweet

Re: Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

Post by Mark Sweet »

Not sure about this to be honest. I agree we need to sort out the few troublemakers behind the goal however surely we will see a reduction in attendance as most of them are well behaved and now can't come to a match with their friends??
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

As a youth worker and someone who started out coming to PP as a young person, I’m all for this.

Reading closely, it doesn’t actually stop any 13-17s coming unaccompanied as any of them can apply for youth membership. The club just needs to know who they are and have parents’ consent, which would make it much easier to identify any troublemakers.

The club have been quite patient with the stuff going on behind the goal and these aren’t the first measures brought in to try and sort it.
Hopefully this move won’t affect atmosphere but it definitely had to happen.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I think this is all a bit of an overreaction from the club.
It’s good to see these youngsters at games (home & away)
Yes they can get a little excited but nothing that Park Life can’t go in & sort out!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dart of Herts wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:24 pm As a youth worker and someone who started out coming to PP as a young person, I’m all for this.

Reading closely, it doesn’t actually stop any 13-17s coming unaccompanied as any of them can apply for youth membership. The club just needs to know who they are and have parents’ consent, which would make it much easier to identify any troublemakers.

The club have been quite patient with the stuff going on behind the goal and these aren’t the first measures brought in to try and sort it.

It will definitely affect the atmosphere. The youth behind the goal are the ones who generate the atmosphere especially when its a local derby and I'm almost certain this will end up turning most of them away. They will just end up going to another club with their mates.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Princes Park isn't the only problem though.
I saw the same kids being detained by London's finest on the platform at Waterloo station after the game at Farnborough.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I think our attendances will go down because of this, yes some can be a little over the top but from what I saw at the Braintree game the stewards can also be over the top,
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:42 pm Yes they can get a little excited but nothing that Park Life can’t go in & sort out!!
I gave up trying after the Millwall game and don't intend to try anymore.

Still not sure where i stand on this but I can see why the club has taken this decision but as far as i know nobody from the club has spoken or tried to engage with them to sort the problem.

It's been going on for a while and everyone has been aware so perhaps some action sooner may have stopped it, it's a shame as we may have just lost a new crop of young fans who with a bit of guidance may have been ok.

Still' i'll be able to stand back in my regular spot now :) :)
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 pm Princes Park isn't the only problem though.
I saw the same kids being detained by London's finest on the platform at Waterloo station after the game at Farnborough.
The female ticket inspector on our train to Farnborough was also complaining about the behaviour of some young Darts fans as well. Seems like some of them just can't behave wherever they go.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

The Futures White wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:24 pm
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 pm Princes Park isn't the only problem though.
The female ticket inspector on our train to Farnborough was also complaining about the behaviour of some young Darts fans as well. Seems like some of them just can't behave wherever they go.
And neither can some of the old ones (as seen at Farnboroughs ground after the game).

Whilst I agree that something had to be done the fact is this is most definitely going have an effect on the support. I feel healthy dialogue should’ve first been sought before imposing this but it’s too late now. We’ll see what lasting effect it’ll have over the coming weeks. I’ll still be there supporting.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

I totally agree there is a problem that needs to be addressed however has anything been said from the club in terms of reaching out to these younger people and trying to educate them through a club statement on expectations of behaviour and why, also with a constructive warning .
Were the club under pressure to act from somewhere because while I don’t have a problem with what they are doing have they tried to reach out already with no success. If so fair enough.
If they haven’t then the clubs decision to not try and resolve the major issues will have a massive effect on the atmosphere.
By the way most 13-17 year olds know exactly how to behave and are now within their right to feel disappointed at being treated like this.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Hopefully the vast majority will still want to go for the football and behave, they can, with the youth membership card. Seems to make sense, I probably would have liked the membership card to carry around as well.

Maybe should have rebranded as free youth membership, mandatory for all of that age bracket. Throw in a few freebies and a leaflet on expected behaviour. Get them involved more perhaps?!
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Surely the club could introduce a junior membership card with photo any trouble they lose membership no ifs or buts home and away games if identified they lose membership at cost of £20
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Does none of you realise that the trouble causers aren’t actually regular Darts fans and only pitch up 1 in every 3 or 4 games??? They seem to be a mob that goes around different grounds supporting whichever ground they arrive at. For this matter, it does seem the policy is a little harsh on the regular, well-behaved youths BUT what other action can the club take other than dishing out banning orders that requires taking identity of offenders and I’m not sure that’s permitted for individuals under the age of 16.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Dart of Herts wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:24 pm As a youth worker and someone who started out coming to PP as a young person, I’m all for this.

Totally agree with this
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:29 pm Hopefully the vast majority will still want to go for the football and behave, they can, with the youth membership card. Seems to make sense, I probably would have liked the membership card to carry around as well.

Maybe should have rebranded as free youth membership, mandatory for all of that age bracket. Throw in a few freebies and a leaflet on expected behaviour. Get them involved more perhaps?!
I like the fact it’s a positive spin with the same objective
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Tony H wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:03 am Does none of you realise that the trouble causers aren’t actually regular Darts fans and only pitch up 1 in every 3 or 4 games???
Or when Arsenal are away. And if that's the case the club need to take action now, considering the Premier League won't be resuming until xmas.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I don’t really know what I think about this but what I do know is the club cannot survive it if misses out on a generation of potential fans
We need young people in the ground and need to catch them early
We as a club must welcome young fans and must encourage them to behave and make them understand how bad behaviour can impact on the club
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Hence a very good reason to introduce a Youth Membership Card in my opinion. I thoroughly agree with Dart of Herts and the club.
Getting the youth in as Darts Supporters of the future is somewhat baffling to me. I thought it was a choice, not because Arsenal are away and they want somewhere to go to cause trouble.
Even Parky is happy to get his space back behind the goal.
If kids gets caught causing trouble, they have their card confiscated and they don't get in. Simple.
In my day if I got caught misbehaving anywhere I was worried what my mum and dad had to say about it.
I blame the parents. :)
A bit late in the day if we miss out on Promotion or even achieve relegation because of conduct in the ground.
Just my thoughts
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

The Club have acted correctly and the membership is a great idea for ALL future [young] Dart fans , I would make it attractive by giving added benefits such as a meet the players , training [ kick a about with Dowse ,discounts on certain matches etc , make it attractive for the good kids and as for the troublemakers , the Club doesnt need them !!!!!