Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

M1 South

Re: Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

Post by M1 South »

SD; As an ex referee & assessor can I ask, have you noticed that 2 out of 3 throw-ins in this World Cup are & have been foul throws??
They are usually standing right by the Lino too but still get away with it, some of them are nigh on underarm ffs!!
Does it wind you up as much as it does me, & what can we do about it???
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 am SD; As an ex referee & assessor can I ask, have you noticed that 2 out of 3 throw-ins in this World Cup are & have been foul throws??
They are usually standing right by the Lino too but still get away with it, some of them are nigh on underarm ffs!!
Does it wind you up as much as it does me, & what can we do about it???
Don’t get me started! That and taking a few steps, pretending as though they’re taking the throw, then taking another few steps, repeat, and eventually they’ve gained 20yds! Then there’s the neatly concealed ‘one-armed’ throw. What can we do? Write to our MP? 😆
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I demand something is done!! Let’s go on hunger strike?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

After lunch though of course!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

There’s always the People’s Front of Judea?
rambo

Post by rambo »

Did the Dowse Bonner meet-up with the young fans take place and did anything come of it ?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

The club have kept very quiet about any developments so far!!
Was good to see a fair few of them in attendance at Webbedfeet on Boxing Day though!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

I wish I knew someone on the inside to ask
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

As this was such a positive move to arrange the meeting, surely to make public what was discussed/agreed would’ve in order 🤔
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Not 100% sure but I heard a rumour meeting was cancelled and is to be re-scheduled at a later date, perhaps someone can confirm this?

Will be interesting to see what happens if some young away fans turn up at PP for a game and are not allowed entry!!

As much as the behaviour of a few was getting out of hand i still think this should have been handled differently.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Last edited by KSTDART on Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

And what happens tomorrow if under 16’s turn up with a valid ticket bought from the club and are refused entry as they do not have an adult with them .
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:39 pm And what happens tomorrow if under 16’s turn up with a valid ticket bought from the club and are refused entry as they do not have an adult with them .
God kills a kitten?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Chippenham atmosphere was dead. Alienating this group is a joke. If it’s a worry provide more stewarding. Change this embarrassing pathetic decision made with no sense and frankly cop out of a rule to make life easier.
My son used to go alone when he was 17 home and away and to be honest if this rule applied to him I’say he’s being discriminated against. Don’t quote me this membership crap just sort it out. If the club want to say it’s working then look how flat home games are. Yours alienating future supporters of the club as well so sort your brains out.
Embarrassing decision by someone or some people with no clue how to deal with it.
Shameful
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:09 pm Chippenham atmosphere was dead. Alienating this group is a joke. If it’s a worry provide more stewarding. Change this embarrassing pathetic decision made with no sense and frankly cop out of a rule to make life easier.
My son used to go alone when he was 17 home and away and to be honest if this rule applied to him I’say he’s being discriminated against. Don’t quote me this membership crap just sort it out. If the club want to say it’s working then look how flat home games are. Yours alienating future supporters of the club as well so sort your brains out.
Embarrassing decision by someone or some people with no clue how to deal with it.
Shameful
Got to agree with this atmosphere has been dire at home since this discission was made, but luckily the youth are still following as there were a few at the Welling game, I know Tom Bonner reached out to them to go to a meeting but I think it was cancelled due to the weather, but not heard anything since,

The lack of atmosphere must affect the players in raising their game, what is the point of finishing second in this league to gain home advantage in the play-offs, when the home crowd advantage is taken away by the club.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

So is nothing happening regarding this.

We're at the point of the season where the atmosphere could really give the players the extra edge that's needed. You only need to look at the derby matches vs Welling and Ebbsfleet to see that it does have a factor.

And not just this season but future seasons we risk missing out on hundreds of young fans just because the club cant find a way of dealing with a very small minority on an individual basis. Yes a promotion will help bring more regular and consistent support but if we don't go up this season then I think we are going to see a lot more games with atmosphere like Chippenham unfortunately.