8%

Total votes: 13

Mark Sweet

Re: FA Trophy 2nd Round Swindon Supermarine v Dartford Sat 19 Nov 2022

Post by Mark Sweet »

We know we lack depth
Dowse knows we lack depth
The board surely know we lack depth

Why have we not brought anyone in? These past 2 results are going to absolutely shoot our confidence and I really hope this isn't going to develop into a run and kill our league position.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Sorry for those fans that travelled and spent their hard earned money to watch utter dross again, I’m so glad Trev B & I didn’t bother going.

I really do not want to hear a load of crap from Dowse again saying he excepts full responsibility as he got the team selection wrong again and how the players let him down.
We heard it all last week after he got it completely wrong and yet he’s done nothing about making any changes except possibly bringing in a couple of academy players and dropping the experienced ones.

One week of terrible performing isn’t acceptable but it could be let go after all the recent results and performances but two in a row and especially getting stuffed against a team 2 leagues below just isn’t acceptable.

He has got to start making some changes and fast, get some more & better quality players in because our team is seriously lacking in numbers and depth.
How the hell can you go into a game like today using an academy keeper, it’s complete & utter madness.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

5th, you have a short memory. At least we had somebody who usually plays in goal on the pitch today. I seem to recall a Trophy game when we took to the field without one. We lost that day as well.

The last time we were embarrassed in a cup competition by a team from leagues below us, we bounced back with a ten-match unbeaten run.

You have to try to find the positives!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match report by Chris Palmer:

SWINDON SUPERMARINE 4 DARTFORD 0

Dartford suffered a second consecutive defeat on the road, as Swindon Supermarine hit four goals to send Alan Dowson’s side crashing out of The Isuzu FA Trophy at the first attempt.

As the Wiltshire temperature plummeted at The Webbswood Stadium, it was the visitors who actually created the first meaningful opportunity as early as the third minute. Luke Coulson was played through but, instead of pulling the trigger, opted to feed the ball to Charlie Sheringham instead… only for the Mat Liddiard-led defence clear the danger.

Four minutes later saw the hosts serve up a warning shot, as an attack on their left-flank resulted with Zack Kotwica register the first shot on target… but it proved to be a routine save for Tom Wray between the Dartford sticks.

However, that warning shot was followed by the hosts growing steadily in confidence, as they began to dominate the pitch. And, they were rewarded for the efforts when the excellent George Dowling fired them ahead with a delightful volley in the 15th minute.

Swindon soon doubled their advantage when Dowling’s free-kick found its way past Wray after a foul had been awarded on the edge of the Dartford box (22).

The hosts were dominant during the first-half and could have easily extended their lead. Kotwica forced Wray into an excellent save (31), before sending a free header over the crossbar before the break (45), as they threatened to over-run the visitors.

Manager, Alan Dowson, reacted by introducing Marvin Herschel and Davide Rodari for Josh Johnson and Pierre Fonkeu at the start of the second forty-five. However, it wasn’t long before Swindon added to Dartford’s misery.

Another swift attack down the host’s left-flank saw Kotwica receive the pass, before curling a delicious drive beyond Wray (50). If that wasn’t game over, then it certainly was five minutes later… and Kotwica was involved once again, cutting the ball back to find Dowling 25-yards from goal. He connected with the ball perfectly to send a low drive into the back of the net to complete his hat-trick (55).

Dartford responded via Luke Coulson, but the winger couldn’t keep his 67th-minute strike down, before leaving the field to be replaced by Samir Carruthers on the hour.

The visitors began to apply a little pressure of their own from then on, as they managed to gain pockets of possession. However, they didn’t really test goalkeeper Liam Armstrong as both Charlie Sheringham (69) and Carruthers (78) failed to find the target in what was a disappointing afternoon in Wiltshire.

Tom Bonner and Co will certainly be dusting themselves down and looking for a positive response on Tuesday evening, as Dartford play a third game in a row on the road, this time at Oxford City in the National League South.

TEAMS

SWINDON SUPERMARINE: Liam Armstrong, Sam Turl, Ryan Campbell, Mat Liddiard (c), Jamie Edge, Ty Duffus, Henry Spalding, Brad Hooper, Harry Williams, George Dowling, Zack Kotwica.

SUBSTITUTES: Conor McDonagh, Leon Morrison, James Harding.

DARTFORD: Tom Wray, Kristian Campbell, Sam Odaudu, Tom Bonner (c), Maxwell Statham, Jordan Wynter, Jack Smith, Josh Johnson, Luke Coulson, Pierre Fonkeu, Charlie Sheringham.

SUBSTITUTES: Marvin Herschel, Davide Rodari, Luke Allen, Samir Carruthers, George Whitefield, Jayden Boulton, Keiran Murtagh.

By Chris Palmer
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I think we are doing the team an injustice here. It's been said more than once that we lost to a team 2 divisions lower. SS are not, they are one. Taunton were promoted from the division that SS are in.
We were still crap though by the sounds of things.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And once again I will say we need two good defenders.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

I travelled from Stoke via Shaftesbury, an undertaking in commitment. I question my teams commitment today from the top down.
We are doing well in the league and long may that continue but today was utter bollo@, and that's being kind.
The last 7 days has seen 7 goals shipped, a stupid ban for our future fans gaining access to the ground if they don't want to join a scheme.
I'm really hacked off today and rightly so, I want this current Dartford team to take along look at itself and at least do it for the fans who travelled in numbers.
Time to put up or shut up guys, it's not enjoyable this or last week.
Onto Oxford, must get a reaction, it's a must, we need momentum b4 the biggest period coming up where we play Havant and Ebbsfleet.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Oh Jesus, yes, Oxford City :shock:
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Totally disgraceful 1st half couldn't put a pass to a team mate oh let's hoof ball up to Charlie after 5 mins SS had that sorted
what the he'll was dowse doing he knew we needed cover in goal had a week to sort it
2 weeks ago going on about needing a centre back guess wat still waiting as for playing Sam at centre back totally wrong decision
2 full backs today got roasted midfield non existent
how long b4 dowse realises he needs to bring Dan Roberts back who would at least give 110% every game

WAKE UP DOWSE YOU KNOW YA SELF WE NEED PLAYERS IN AND NOW NOT same excuse oh we got players coming in herd it b4
Sleightly Deceptive

Re: FA Trophy 2nd Round Swindon Supermarine v Dartford Sat 19 Nov 22

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

rick wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Can’t bring myself to watch more of this crap.

Oh well, nowt else to play for but the league. He had to get a squad together for that. The next 6 weeks are massive.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:53 pm Oh Jesus, yes, Oxford City :shock:
Lost at home on pens to a team from a lower league today.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wasn’t at the game today, but based on the result and our team selection here goes!

If we were a squad lacking in depth, today has once and for all confirmed that. Again, a centre-half light yet Dowse last week said he delayed bringing one in until Monday. Who and where the hell is this centre-half!!!!?

Goalkeeper? No disrespect to Tom, but surely Dan would/should have played today even lacking in games since injury. Oh, and shoot me for stepping on this band-wagon again, but Dan Roberts!!!!? Why the hell is he out on loan - should be playing regularly, as a no.10, in behind Charlie.

Christ, we’ve got 2 days before another big, tough away league fixture. Let’s get this sorted before the wheels start to fall off!

COYD’s
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:04 pm Wasn’t at the game today, but based on the result and our team selection here goes!

If we were a squad lacking in depth, today has once and for all confirmed that. Again, a centre-half light yet Dowse last week said he delayed bringing one in until Monday. Who and where the hell is this centre-half!!!!?

Goalkeeper? No disrespect to Tom, but surely Dan would/should have played today even lacking in games since injury. Oh, and shoot me for stepping on this band-wagon again, but Dan Roberts!!!!? Why the hell is he out on loan - should be playing regularly, as a no.10, in behind Charlie.

Christ, we’ve got 2 days before another big, tough away league fixture. Let’s get this sorted before the wheels start to fall off!

COYD’s
Dan Wilkes was suspended.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Only two things worth a mention today.........

The steak slice was nice and had a chat with their Chairman who was a decent bloke.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 pm
Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:04 pm Wasn’t at the game today, but based on the result and our team selection here goes!

COYD’s
Very well aware of that BN, but had he not been put out on loan he wouldn’t have been!
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Friendly welcome and they took their goals well. We receive £1,000 for losing, which the club should be embarrassed to collect. Not much else worth saying.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:45 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 pm

COYD’s
Very well aware of that BN, but had he not been put out on loan he wouldn’t have been!
Needed game time who new that joe young would get injured.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:56 pm
Tony H wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:45 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 pm Dan Wilkes was suspended.
Needed game time who new that joe young would get injured.
You’ve completely missed my point. Had Dan not been put out on loan, I would have (my opinion) played Dan today, whether Joe was injured or not. Btw, I’m not a big fan of putting players out on loan full stop! Dan’s kept himself sharp and has got himself fit since recovering from injury.