Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 21

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Slough Town v Dartford Tue 25 Oct 2022

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

No 0-1 followed by 7-2, 0-1, 6 nils so far this season.
Results are now reflecting consistency and stability.
For the legendary 1-0 to the Arsenal read 2-1 to the Darts.
With the village people going down 4-1 at Braintree and Chelmsford losing it hasn't been a bad evening.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Excellent result, unable to attend so listened to the first class commentary.
Looking forward to reading the views of those that went.

Well done to Dowse his coaching team and the players !
Spike

Post by Spike »

Outstanding second half. Darts totally dominated the game after Coulson and Fonkou came on. Fantasttic turnaround and great result.

Here's a thought for you ... after 15 games last season Kingy's Darts had 31 points. After 15 games this season Dowse also has 31 points. Kingy's team then took 4 points from the next 6 matches before hitting form again.
Also, they both used the same number of players at this stage.

I don't know what any of this proves but it's interesting.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Oh and Charlie Sheringham was phenomenal and played with the energy of an 18 year old. My MOTM
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Great result! Judging by the commentary we grew into the game and dominated the second half. Was worried it was going to be a frustrating night with some of the saves their keeper made in the first half.

Really happy with the way this team is progressing. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road but Dowse and his team continue to do a fantastic job.

Onto Saturday COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Only the Slough keeper stopped us from scoring six there again! He was absolutely different gravy. But what a transformation second half with inspired substitutions. I’m well impressed by Charlie’s efforts. He really is looking sharp and faster than I can recall the last time he was with us. Seems to have shed a few pounds too. My MOTM tonight. Great performance Darts. Had to beat two teams out there. The referee was bordering on cheating! It’s scandalous that we have to suffer these abominations.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half was pretty even with both sides having a few good chances but neither really in control, so if we'd gone in level at HT i felt that would have been fair.

Second half we were a different side and looked much quicker going forward. The introduction of the two early subs (Fonkeu & Coulson) made a big difference and had it not been for their keeper we would have won more comfortably.

Deserved victory and second half performance very good.

MOTM - Sheringham.

A few have mentioned the ref and i felt he did little to protect Samir who i thought was targeted a bit by Slough (not the first team to do this).
As for taking throw ins from the wrong place.................. goodnight.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Oooh forgot - highlight of the night - Samir shouting at the ref at the top of his voice, “Ref, you’re a shithouse!” That was worth the entrance fee! Shows how crap the referee was too in that he failed to caution Samir.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Another solid win! We’re growing in strength game by game!

Charlie superb last night, my MoM.

Ref again poor. Talking to one or two of their supporters afterwards thought he was one of the best they’d had!!!! Not sure about their Hungerfordesque negativity - they’re much better than that imo.

Two big home game coming up in the next 7 days. Chance to put space between us and those around us.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match report by Chris Palmer

Charlie Sheringham and Pierre Fonkeu both scored second-half goals, as Dartford came from behind to take all three points at Arbour Park.

With Skipper Tom Bonner still suffering from the weekend’s action, Connor Essam stepped up to take the Captain’s armband as manager Alan Dowson shuffled his side slightly for tonight’s game. And, the hosts tried to take advantage of the change early on after starting brightly.

After just nine minutes, a Johnny Goddard pass split the Dartford defence open and allowed George Hunt through. But, Joe Young was alert to make the save and prevent the Rebels from taking an early lead.

Another swift attacking move saw Keiran Murtagh step up to put his body on the line with an outstanding goal-line clearance (11), before Sam Odaudu raced down the left-flank and found Marvin Herschel with a brilliant cross. Unfortunately, Herschel’s header took a slight deflection and sailed wide of Rhys Foster’s upright (18).

A minute later saw Slough edge themselves in front with a decent attack along their left-flank. The ball was eventually sent into the Dartford box, where it met the boot of Josh Jackman at the far post. His volley left Joe Young with no chance, as it sailed into the bottom corner (19).

The hosts created another good opportunity after 27 minutes via Matt Lench, but his troublesome cross was eventually cleared by the Dartford defence after an initial ricochet had caused problems!

The Darts began to assert their authority on proceedings soon afterwards, and were unfortunate not to level the score before the break. Joe Dandy’s excellent block was the only thing that prevented Jack Smith from netting his second goal in as many games after midfield dynamo Samir Carruthers had played him through (38).

Alan Dowson tweaked his side a little by bringing on Pierre Fonkeu for Marvin Herschel at the start of the second-half, and eleven minutes later sent on Luke Coulson for Josh Johnson as well. The changes had a positive impact to say the least because, from that point on the visitors dominated.

As the Darts continued probing forward, goalkeeper Rhys Foster pulled off a fabulous save to prevent Jack Smith’s curling drive from dipping into the top corner (57). However, five minutes later saw Foster picking the ball up out of his net!

A wonderful move through the middle resulted with Carruthers playing the ball through for Charlie Sheringham, and the Dartford number nineteen struck it beyond the Slough goalkeeper to pull his team level (62).

Dartford were purring at this point and came agonisingly close after 69 minutes. Luke Coulson’s initial effort ricocheted into the path of Sheringham, who controlled the ball well before pulling the trigger. Unfortunately, Foster got just enough on the ball to tip it onto the outside of the post, before his defence eventually cleared the danger.

The misfortune was soon forgotten though, as Pierre Fonkeu stepped up with a wonderful strike to turn the game on its head with fourteen minutes remaining. After scoring earlier, Sheringham then became the provider as he found Fonkeu with a neat pass into the box. The Darts’ substitute then sent a curling effort in off the inside of the far post to put them 2-1 up.

With the points in the bag, Samir Carruthers was replaced by Davide Rodari (89), as the visitors saw the game out. There was a moment of madness for the hosts in stoppage time, whereby they will surely consider themselves fortunate… A long ball over-the-top released Luke Coulson before two things occurred in rapid succession. First, Rhys Foster rushed out irrationally and completely missed the ball, almost taking out the Dartford number seven! Then, as Coulson turned to strike at an empty goal, a lone defender handled the ball, thus preventing it from travelling any further. However, the referee Mr Farai Hallam “didn’t notice anything”…

Not that it effected the result though, as Dartford secured the victory and stretched their unbeaten run to nine games in all competitions. The result sees them climb to second in the National League South table, having now won ten of their 15 games so far.

TEAMS

SLOUGH TOWN: Rhys Foster, Josh Jackman, George Wells, Joe Dandy, Lee Togwell, Arnold Matshazi, Matt Lench, Johnny Goddard, George Hunt, Scott Davies (c), Aaron Kuhl.

SUBSTITUTES: Ben Harris, Manny Williams, Gabe George, Fabio Sole, Imran Kayani.

DARTFORD: Joe Young, Jordan Wynter, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam (c), Maxwell Statham, Jack Smith, Keiran Murtagh, Charlie Sheringham, Sam Odaudu, Marvin Herschel, Josh Johnson.

SUBSTITUTES: Dan Wilks, Luke Coulson, Alex Wall, Davide Rodari, Pierre Fonkeu.

By Chris Palmer
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Not been able to go to the last two games but what a couple of great results keeping an unbeaten run going

I had a feeling when we went 1 down we would come back and win and the boys didn't disappoint,

I'm hoping Ebbsfleet have a longer run in the cup which may deflect there attentions from the league and who knows what their reaction will be once they are beaten so let just keep winning and see.

Well done to Dowse and his team on this great run certainly proved the knockers wrong me included

Three home games within a week now lets hope for 9 points
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Careful Spike, the Regicide's will be after you. You've got to forget King. I had to and a few others too.
Anyway, it's nice to see Gloucester hurtling up the league. :D
Nice to see the comeback last night, again I feel that Sam should have taken care of the ball to the back stick, not the first time that's happened this season.
Not complaining though. Looking forward to Saturdays game.
COYD's