Total votes: 24

BRASSNECK

Re: Dulwich Hamlet v Dartford Sat 8 Oct 2022

Post by BRASSNECK »

Attendance 3334
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Att 3334, how many watched the game is a different matter.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-2.
The 5th Searcher

Another good result after coming from a goal down and yet another 1-2 result 🤣.

Well Done to Dowse & the team and to those fans that managed to make it to the game.

We drop to 4th on GD due to Chelmsford winning 2-0 but we are only behind by 1 goal.

Let’s keep this run going Darts.
Sennocke

Post by Sennocke »

Tell me , why do they get 3000+ ? I probably have missed something but thats a hell of an attendance in this league ..COYD ..
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Traffic delays with no trains, so arrived only 5 mins before start to be turned away without ticket. Hundreds in separate queues for match day or season ticket holders. Could/should have bought online ticket in advance to save a 110 mile round trip, bit didn't occur to me, nor did I see any suggestions it would be a sellout.
Heard crowd roar for their early goal, but cheered up a bit on drive home with goal updates on BBC Kent.
Well done to those who got in and who mùst have enjoyed the win.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Sennocke wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:09 pm Tell me , why do they get 3000+ ? I probably have missed something but thats a hell of an attendance in this league ..COYD ..
At 15 quid it’s still the cheapest crèche and dog sitter facility in that hipster part of London!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Skip wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:25 pm
Sennocke wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:09 pm Tell me , why do they get 3000+ ? I probably have missed something but thats a hell of an attendance in this league ..COYD ..
At 15 quid it’s still the cheapest crèche and dog sitter facility in that hipster part of London!
😂😂😂😂😂😂
The 5th Searcher

BrianL wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:24 pm Traffic delays with no trains, so arrived only 5 mins before start to be turned away without ticket. Hundreds in separate queues for match day or season ticket holders. Could/should have bought online ticket in advance to save a 110 mile round trip, bit didn't occur to me, nor did I see any suggestions it would be a sellout.
Heard crowd roar for their early goal, but cheered up a bit on drive home with goal updates on BBC Kent.
I’m glad Trev B & I did turn back then because I would’ve been highly pissed off to be turned away without a ticket after travelling for at least 2 1/2hrs.
I thought you could pay on the gate.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:43 pm Att 3334, how many watched the game is a different matter.
About a thousand!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BrianL wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:24 pm Traffic delays with no trains, so arrived only 5 mins before start to be turned away without ticket. Hundreds in separate queues for match day or season ticket holders. Could/should have bought online ticket in advance to save a 110 mile round trip, bit didn't occur to me, nor did I see any suggestions it would be a sellout.

I got lucky, very nice woman in front of me had a spare and gave it to me.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

I got to the ground at around 2.45 and got in at 3.20. There was still a queue after me and that was made easier because a lot of people gave up waiting and left. The stewards waited until all the ticket holders had entered the ground before letting those who wanted to pay have access to the turnstiles. Madness 😠
oranj

Post by oranj »

A really scrappy game that looked like it was heading for a draw until an excellent header from Sheringham won us the three points.

A goal and an assist for Samir, who ran the show in the second half after being moved to a more central position. Player of the season is already his to lose.

Dowson made a good decision to bring Wall on at half time. Rodari didn’t have a bad game but the extra physicality from Wall made a difference.

3000+ in attendance, but unless you are right at the front or in the main stand it’s impossible to get a view of the pitch. As a result the atmosphere was pretty flat throughout. Nice beers and food, but not a good place to watch football.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Sympathies to all those who had to battle the unbelievably traffic today.
On supporter's coach, left PP 12pm arrived at ground about 2pm.
We said the journey home should be better, but alas it was not.
Left Dulwich H 5.20 got back in Dartford about 8pm
As we said though, at least we were travelling back with 3 points.
Well done our team.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

As others have commented, a very noisy crowd didn't do any favours for the commentary team, through no fault of theirs. Towards the end of the game after we had taken the lead, I also lost Internet connection at home, so lost the last few minutes of commentary, but thanks guys. Sounded like a bit of a non de script game with neither side taking a grip of the game - much like a derby game can be. Surprised the attendance was as high as 3334 and more disappointed for our guys like TrevorB, 5th and BrianL having wasted journies due to traffic.

Still. A bit of magic from Charlie to earn us the 3 points is very welcome and continues our run. So we'll done Darts for keeping at it and will look forward to seeing the highlights. Will look forward to seeing the reports of the game too.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

It's 12 quid for adults, so clearly you weren't there and don't have a clue what you're talking about. But don't let that get in the way of talking bollocks.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Pink Panther wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:06 pm
It's 12 quid for adults, so clearly you weren't there and don't have a clue what you're talking about. But don't let that get in the way of talking bollocks.
Someone’s tired.🤣
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Sounds like another [recent] Darts performance where we win by the odd goal [ after giving away another sloppy goal ] and I am pleased for the 3pts and with some very winnable games we have a great opportunity to accumulate a good number of points before we get the really tough games eg Ebbsfleet, Chelmsford after which we will find out if we reall yare a 3rd placed team !!

I like Charlie's comment where he told Sami to play a different corner to the traditional long one where Bonner/Essam have been far from prolific with a great end result

Glad I Didnt go to Dulwich as last time was aggravation but looking forward to Tonbridge at PP