Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

KingKong

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by KingKong »

ozymandias wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:48 am Thanks for that Spike, that's the photo I found. Tumbridge and Willie O as well as Julians in that frame. Alway's remember playing Bishop Auckland in the QF's of the Trophy? When Aidan O'Sullivan was a real terrier in Midfield and was properly in their face. I believe we won 2-0 and both of Bishop's subs were sent off in the space of 5 minutes, one for stamping on Aidan in the center circle.
Seeing that photo brought back Roger's performances and what an outstanding keeper he was.
Their fans were as bad as their players as i recall.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KingKong wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:57 am
ozymandias wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:48 am Thanks for that Spike, that's the photo I found. Tumbridge and Willie O as well as Julians in that frame. Alway's remember playing Bishop Auckland in the QF's of the Trophy? When Aidan O'Sullivan was a real terrier in Midfield and was properly in their face. I believe we won 2-0 and both of Bishop's subs were sent off in the space of 5 minutes, one for stamping on Aidan in the center circle.
Seeing that photo brought back Roger's performances and what an outstanding keeper he was.
Aiden O’Sullivan didn’t play against Bishop Auckland he had left by then.The Bishop Auckland game was 88/89 season i think you the player you are thinking of is Adrian Foley.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

That's right memory man!...I can see how Ada was confused with Aidan..he really got stuck in!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KingKong wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:58 am That's right memory man!...I can see how Ada was confused with Aidan..he really got stuck in!
Ada’s going get you.😄
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Dorking announcing a few new signings shortly...I hope Dan Wilks is not another of ours
oranj

Post by oranj »

Jack Jebb has signed for Dorking Wanderers.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Not a shock as widely reported to go there , no problem as he deserves a chance to play higher , GOOD LUCK JACK HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Duke wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:10 pm Not a shock as widely reported to go there , no problem as he deserves a chance to play higher , GOOD LUCK JACK HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully sign him back next season when we swop places.😄
MickW

Post by MickW »

KingKong wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:57 am
V184

Post by V184 »

DA1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Jake Robinson joins Worthing. Gutted as he never got the chance really but a nice local move for him.

Good luck Robbo!
Obviously taking a massive pay cut, earning very close to 2k a week at dfc which at this level is truly outrageous :shock:
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

V184 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:27 pm
DA1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Jake Robinson joins Worthing. Gutted as he never got the chance really but a nice local move for him.

Good luck Robbo!
Obviously taking a massive pay cut, earning very close to 2k a week at dfc which at this level is truly outrageous :shock:
We don’t pay Gravesend wage’s. :lol:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Yes, probably Foley, I did say I'd sent my 'Princes among men' to a better home. The memory isn't what it was. But I still remember the stamping on whoever it was. :D
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

George Monger signs for Erith & Belevedere from Faversham Town.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Jay Porter leaves Braintree for Bishop's Stortford.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Jamie Day back in the UK after leaving Bangladesh and looking for work according to Kentish Football.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Pedro wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:09 pm Jamie Day back in the UK after leaving Bangladesh and looking for work according to Kentish Football.
My car needs a wash if anyone has his phone number 😁😁😁
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Pavey back with the French on a permanent basis.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Max Cornhill has signed for Hashtag United, Bagasan Graham has signed for Sittingbourne and Taylor Fisher has signed for Margate.
Last edited by The Futures White on Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Young defender Taylor Fisher signs for Margate.

The couple of games he played he looked good but I think King had issues with his attitude.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:15 pm Young defender Taylor Fisher signs for Margate.

The couple of games he played he looked good but I think King had issues with his attitude.
I think that was well before Kingy took over mate.