Kwaku Frimpong (Sub)
3%
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

KentC.

Re: FA Cup 2nd round qualifying Dartford v Beckenham Town Sat 17 Sep 2022

Post by KentC. »

There were a few - but definitely not all - that put in a huge effort and it’s the same few every week. If everyone put the same effort in as Tom B we’d probably have better results. I’m not a fan boy of his but in a game where most things were awful this guy saved us on quite a few occasions today throwing his body at shots. My mom by a mile
Last edited by KentC. on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

It hurts to say it but i've the same opinion now as i had pre-season, the squad and new player recruitment is not good enough and our results have not come as any surprise to me.

We have a MASSIVE re-building job on our hands :( :(
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

It hurts to say it but i've the same opinion now as i had pre-season, the squad and new player recruitment is not good enough and our results have not come as any surprise to me.

Unlike you to post so soon, I know coz I look for your posts
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

He’s not wrong though is he? 🤔 Is Dowse capable of turning this around? I’d like to think so but any more of this bollocks and I’ll be banging on his desk! (BTW - Not saying King is the answer either. Been there. Done that. Move on!) But I’m absolutely sick of leaving Princes Park absolutely livid at the shit I’m watching. (And so’s my missus!)
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I think Tom should have got the job with a seasoned second ,as he understands dartford . Dowson said he picked a team , his seconds were saying they not good enough, he told them they were , he apologised and said they wasn’t , so signed who exactly with a budget and contacts? Where is the money now coming from for a title challenge ? Not to worry flaming sambuccas anyone😂😂😂😂
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm
KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm

He’s not wrong though is he? 🤔 Is Dowse capable of turning this around? I’d like to think so but any more of this bollocks and I’ll be banging on his desk! (BTW - Not saying King is the answer either. Been there. Done that. Move on!)

I agree too. Point I’m making is it’s hard not to put your thoughts on here quickly because that was utter shite. Again.
Spike

Post by Spike »

This is definitely a "sleep on it before posting" kind of day.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:09 pm This is definitely a "sleep on it before posting" kind of day.
I did try but woke up..........
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

My first Dartford match of the season. It was one to forget. Where was the commitment?, the desire? the passion? I cannot believe that we were so poor. We posed no real threat on goal. We had countless corners which rarely threatened a keeper that had no desire to catch anything all afternoon long. We were a little unlucky to be down to ten men when they scored the winner. To be reduced to nine was farcical. Last year, Tom Bonnor was sent off for jumping too aggressively when winning the ball on the half-way line. Today? Perhaps Frimpong intercepted the ball too intently.

The red card probably made no difference to the result today, but it potentially impacts the next three games. I hope that it is appealed.

Not sure where this season is heading right now. Hopefully things will improve and we will be on the up again before long.
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

I am listening to the interview with the manager and the first thing he says is that the performance today was fine. Is he serious? I dont think anyone walking out the ground today thought the performance today was fine. Then to go on and claim the defenders for not scoring? How about we get some attackers who can pose a threat up the other end and not rely on our own set pieces to try and sneak a goal at the moment. We are carrying 5-6 players each game at the moment
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

DartfordHero wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:32 pm I am listening to the interview with the manager and the first thing he says is that the performance today was fine. Is he serious? I dont think anyone walking out the ground today thought the performance today was fine. Then to go on and claim the defenders for not scoring? How about we get some attackers who can pose a threat up the other end and not rely on our own set pieces to try and sneak a goal at the moment. We are carrying 5-6 players each game at the moment
To be fair he also spends half the interview talking about our lack of defending at set pieces and overall defensive shape, which to me is one of our main issues.

I do agree with him, We should be better at attacking set pieces, we rarely make them count and Connor's chance especially was a sitter that should be in the back of the net, defender or not.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Spike wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:09 pm This is definitely a "sleep on it before posting" kind of day.
Pleasant dreams 🤣
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

DartfordHero wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:32 pm I am listening to the interview with the manager and the first thing he says is that the performance today was fine. Is he serious? I dont think anyone walking out the ground today thought the performance today was fine. Then to go on and claim the defenders for not scoring? How about we get some attackers who can pose a threat up the other end and not rely on our own set pieces to try and sneak a goal at the moment. We are carrying 5-6 players each game at the moment
I haven’t seen interview. I hope you got it wrong.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I have to agree, today we were abysmal!
There was simply nothing to even bother our opponents and for someone who is yet to see us win under Dowson I am not convinced that there is not enough quality in this squad to make any progress on the pitch.
Some of these players are disappointing to say the least and to me it looks like mid table mediocrity at best.
rambo

Post by rambo »

As others have said what a load of tripe
Firstly I would say what is the manager playing at. Signs someone on a months loan and doesn’t start him. The player is only here a month just start him. Bringing him on with 25 minutes to go is a joke , chasing the game to impress then you get that. Probably won’t see him again now
The only bright spark was Charlie winning every ball played to him but sadly at the moment the players around him can’t judge where the ball will land when he nods it on

What is our problem , when the ball is in our box it usually looks like we will concede. Why is that, our defenders are fairly solid?
I am pretty sure when our midfielders are in defensive positions they are absolute pants and of no help to the defence
When you watch other teams when they are under the cosh they have 9 players behind the ball putting their bodies on the line, we don’t do that
Sadly we only have Sami who is worth a light. Get rid of the rest
Dowse has to ask himself how he put this squad together, it is a disgrace and very alarming
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Right, unlike me to be so negative, but this season is getting beyond a joke already. Nobody knows, from game to game, what sort of performance we’re going to put on and whether we win or lose.

To lose to them today, and no disrespect to Beckenham but they were not a good team, was frankly unacceptable. Somebody has commented before, and I agree, we played with absolutely ZERO passion and desire. AgainI say, UNACCEPTABLe!

Quite what Dowse does now I don’t know, but something has to change before any longer.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Does nothing for Dowse's credability with the fans to hear him say " todays performance was fine ", " NO IT F.....G WASNT , so do something about it by wielding the axe and getting rid of the players who are clearly NOT up to it and bring in some class , a pacey winger[ or 2] and a proven striker to play alongside Charlie Sheringham [ who at 35 showed the rest of the team up today ] would be a start !!!
I am [ still] pro Dowse but IF he continues to do F... all then I have to admit that he has lost the plot as it is obvious[ and results confirm it] that the current squad are just NOT good enough !!!!

I want Dowse and the Darts to do well but todays performance [?] and result was nothing short of embarrassing !!!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Performance wise was fine? Wow!

Everything is the defensives fault?

Attacking we’re fine?

I’m struggling with this unless I’ve understood it wrong. He’s named a few including Bonnor and says we have no leaders. Tom Bonnor is not a leader?

Also defending starts from the front, our midfield was so poor yet again that Connor and Tom have to deal with far more than they should.
So many opposition runners not tracked over and over again every game, this puts Tom and Connor under extra unnecessary pressure time and again.

This interview is terrible and needs to elaborate if wants to be critical of the defensive side at a time when our midfield is often lazy and definitely not giving their all, you can see this today, and an attack that is not exactly on fire.

Defend as a team and protect your back four and goalkeeper as a basic starting point. This doesn’t happen.

As for Charlie he did so well winning almost every header but how many second balls did we win and create a threat from.

His interview is almost as bad as his team’s performance

I went home from the game thinking it’s still early, it’s still early, but when I hear interviews like this I’m sick of excuses for constantly terrible performances
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:45 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Performance wise was fine? Wow!

Everything is the defensives fault?

Attacking we’re fine?

I’m struggling with this unless I’ve understood it wrong. He’s named a few including Bonnor and says we have no leaders. Tom Bonnor is not a leader?

Also defending starts from the front, our midfield was so poor yet again that Connor and Tom have to deal with far more than they should.
So many opposition runners not tracked over and over again every game, this puts Tom and Connor under extra unnecessary pressure time and again.

This interview is terrible and needs to elaborate if wants to be critical of the defensive side at a time when our midfield is often lazy and definitely not giving their all, you can see this today, and an attack that is not exactly on fire.

Defend as a team and protect your back four and goalkeeper as a basic starting point. This doesn’t happen.

As for Charlie he did so well winning almost every header but how many second balls did we win and create a threat from.

His interview is almost as bad as his team’s performance

I went home from the game thinking it’s still early, it’s still early, but when I hear interviews like this I’m sick of excuses for constantly terrible performances
He does correct himself and say Bonner is a leader and is vocal on the pitch giving everything for the shirt but we need more which is spot on.

Agreed the midfield has been poor for a while, that is the area that needs the urgent attention in my opinion.