Kwaku Frimpong (Sub)
3%
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

Park Life

Re: FA Cup 2nd round qualifying Dartford v Beckenham Town Sat 17 Sep 2022

Post by Park Life »

Red card Frimpong sent off. Down to 9 men.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-2.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

F**King diabolical. No excuses. Total no show.
Complete and utter crap.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:08 pm F**King diabolical. No excuses. Total no show.
Complete and utter crap.
Yep. Absolute shower of shit. From top to bottom. Sadly, we’ll blame it on a dodgy red card. But we’d thrown it long before that. WTAF is wrong with this club? Dowse better cut his bullshit interviews now and get on with turning this shit show around. If the club are worth anything, they should offer every DFC fan their £10 back. And yes, I’d take it! Absolute w@nk!
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Not good enough again
To inconsistent Dowse needs to have a hard look at himself and this team, it’s ok trying to be one of the lads off the pitch with supporters but counts for nothing when you don’t perform on the pitch

Needs to change or the board will need to act
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

What an absolute disaster that was.
We can blame the ref for some things, such as the pen we should've had and the red card but that's no excuse

We can't defend set pieces, every game I go to We seem to concede from then and it's cost us once again today.

Their keeper was injured from 5 minutes , the few times we did test him he parried everything back into danger , why we didn't shoot more often I don't know.

Midfield seemed to be the main issue for me, the defenders were stepping out and doing the midfielders job. Murtagh should've been taken off at half time yet saw out the 90.

My MOTM was Charlie, did his job very well shame nobody else around him did

I've not been this angry after a game for a while. I didnt think it could get worse than Sudbury.

And for the fans turning on Dowse after the game, you're a disgrace, he's barely been in the job and took over late anyway. Give the man a chance before slagging him off with your "Bring back Kingy" shouts.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

What more is there to say ? Honestly we must be seen as the team that everyone wants to be drawn against in the cup matches ? Sudbury , Needham Market and now Beckenham for crying out loud ,what a joke . Congratulations Beckenham ,thoroughly deserved and good luck in the next round .
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

600 odd , dowson will have to drink a few more in the bar tonight, any karaoke?
Sleightly Deceptive

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:31 pm 600 odd , dowson will have to drink a few more in the bar tonight, any karaoke?
👏 👏 😂 that cheered me up! Thanks.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm What an absolute disaster that was.
We can blame the ref for some things, such as the pen we should've had and the red card but that's no excuse

We can't defend set pieces, every game I go to We seem to concede from then and it's cost us once again today.

Their keeper was injured from 5 minutes , the few times we did test him he parried everything back into danger , why we didn't shoot more often I don't know.

Midfield seemed to be the main issue for me, the defenders were stepping out and doing the midfielders job. Murtagh should've been taken off at half time yet saw out the 90.

My MOTM was Charlie, did his job very well shame nobody else around him did

I've not been this angry after a game for a while. I didnt think it could get worse than Sudbury.

And for the fans turning on Dowse after the game, you're a disgrace, he's barely been in the job and took over late anyway. Give the man a chance before slagging him off with your "Bring back Kingy" shouts.
Unfortunately when you sack a successful manager your going to get this
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

There were a few - but definitely not all - that put in a huge effort and it’s the same few every week. If everyone put the same effort in as Tom B we’d probably have better results. I’m not a fan boy of his but in a game where most things were awful this guy saved us on quite a few occasions today throwing his body at shots. My mom by a mile
Last edited by KentC. on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

It hurts to say it but i've the same opinion now as i had pre-season, the squad and new player recruitment is not good enough and our results have not come as any surprise to me.

We have a MASSIVE re-building job on our hands :( :(
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

It hurts to say it but i've the same opinion now as i had pre-season, the squad and new player recruitment is not good enough and our results have not come as any surprise to me.

Unlike you to post so soon, I know coz I look for your posts
Sleightly Deceptive

KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:53 pm Well we've now played nine games so far this season and does anyone really need us to get to the magical tenth game to work out how the season is going?

He’s not wrong though is he? 🤔 Is Dowse capable of turning this around? I’d like to think so but any more of this bollocks and I’ll be banging on his desk! (BTW - Not saying King is the answer either. Been there. Done that. Move on!) But I’m absolutely sick of leaving Princes Park absolutely livid at the shit I’m watching. (And so’s my missus!)
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I think Tom should have got the job with a seasoned second ,as he understands dartford . Dowson said he picked a team , his seconds were saying they not good enough, he told them they were , he apologised and said they wasn’t , so signed who exactly with a budget and contacts? Where is the money now coming from for a title challenge ? Not to worry flaming sambuccas anyone😂😂😂😂
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:00 pm
KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:54 pm

He’s not wrong though is he? 🤔 Is Dowse capable of turning this around? I’d like to think so but any more of this bollocks and I’ll be banging on his desk! (BTW - Not saying King is the answer either. Been there. Done that. Move on!)

I agree too. Point I’m making is it’s hard not to put your thoughts on here quickly because that was utter shite. Again.
Spike

Post by Spike »

This is definitely a "sleep on it before posting" kind of day.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:09 pm This is definitely a "sleep on it before posting" kind of day.
I did try but woke up..........
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

My first Dartford match of the season. It was one to forget. Where was the commitment?, the desire? the passion? I cannot believe that we were so poor. We posed no real threat on goal. We had countless corners which rarely threatened a keeper that had no desire to catch anything all afternoon long. We were a little unlucky to be down to ten men when they scored the winner. To be reduced to nine was farcical. Last year, Tom Bonnor was sent off for jumping too aggressively when winning the ball on the half-way line. Today? Perhaps Frimpong intercepted the ball too intently.

The red card probably made no difference to the result today, but it potentially impacts the next three games. I hope that it is appealed.

Not sure where this season is heading right now. Hopefully things will improve and we will be on the up again before long.
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

I am listening to the interview with the manager and the first thing he says is that the performance today was fine. Is he serious? I dont think anyone walking out the ground today thought the performance today was fine. Then to go on and claim the defenders for not scoring? How about we get some attackers who can pose a threat up the other end and not rely on our own set pieces to try and sneak a goal at the moment. We are carrying 5-6 players each game at the moment