3%
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: FA Cup 2nd round qualifying Dartford v Beckenham Town Sat 17 Sep 2022

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm
I kinda appreciate why he’s tying to be open with the fans - but, imho, along with his karaoke, most of his comments need to stay within the dressing room. And Dowse just get on with his job and quit with the fluff and ‘drinking with the fans in the bar’ mentality. I really don’t want that!!

My patience is wearing thin. We’re now near the significant ‘ten game’ and ‘end of September’ issue. We missed a Welling game, performed very well at Dover and are at a fine 50% balance in the league and have missed out on an FAC wedge. The next two league games are HUGE, Dowse. DO YOUR JOB! I’m right behind you. For now. But, if ever you have an inkling that you can’t, and it’s too much, do the right thing. This is DARTFORD.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I’m afraid that after watching that interview I’ve come to the conclusion that Dowse is nothing but full of waffle & my opinion won’t change on that UNTIL he actually starts to do something about it.
He keeps saying it’s the defences fault and we have problems at the back, well if that’s the case then bloody well do something about it. Drop those that are causing the problems and bring in new defenders that will fight for the cause and strengthen the back line, but don’t keep waffling on about that being the issue but doing sod all about it.

We are currently playing as a bunch of individuals or strangers, we aren’t playing as a team at all. Dowse now needs to start concentrating 110% on the 1st team and nothing else I’m afraid.
We’ve got to many players that are purely playing for the wage packet each week instead of playing for the team & its fans.

No more loan signings make sure they are good enough & strong enough and want to actually play for DFC and the shirt.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

JCJ wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:46 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm What an absolute disaster that was.
We can blame the ref for some things, such as the pen we should've had and the red card but that's no excuse

We can't defend set pieces, every game I go to We seem to concede from then and it's cost us once again today.

Their keeper was injured from 5 minutes , the few times we did test him he parried everything back into danger , why we didn't shoot more often I don't know.

Midfield seemed to be the main issue for me, the defenders were stepping out and doing the midfielders job. Murtagh should've been taken off at half time yet saw out the 90.

My MOTM was Charlie, did his job very well shame nobody else around him did

I've not been this angry after a game for a while. I didnt think it could get worse than Sudbury.

And for the fans turning on Dowse after the game, you're a disgrace, he's barely been in the job and took over late anyway. Give the man a chance before slagging him off with your "Bring back Kingy" shouts.
Unfortunately when you sack a successful manager your going to get this
Remind me what king won?
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The 5th Searcher

We can blame the ref for some things, such as the pen we should've had and the red card but that's no excuse

We can't defend set pieces, every game I go to We seem to concede from then and it's cost us once again today.

Their keeper was injured from 5 minutes , the few times we did test him he parried everything back into danger , why we didn't shoot more often I don't know.

Midfield seemed to be the main issue for me, the defenders were stepping out and doing the midfielders job. Murtagh should've been taken off at half time yet saw out the 90.

I've not been this angry after a game for a while. I didnt think it could get worse than Sudbury.

And for the fans turning on Dowse after the game, you're a disgrace, he's barely been in the job and took over late anyway. Give the man a chance before slagging him off with your "Bring back Kingy" shouts.
Exactly how was Steve King successful?

If your talking about reaching the play off’s each time then yes BUT each time we lost in the play off’s as well and never once got promoted.

If your talking about silverware then yes, we won 2 Noddy Cups in the Kent Senior Trophy and also the London Cup BUT nothing major and we failed each season in the FA Competitions and generally early on as well.

Dowse needs to sort things out & fast and start trying to build HIS team.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Winning The Kent senior cup is like winning the speedboat on bull’s-eye.🤣
Spike

Post by Spike »

I understand why some people want to turn this into a King v Dowson debate, but whether you agree with King's sacking or not, the fact is that Dowse is manager and we are where we are ... and where we are at the moment is not a particularly good place.

Yesterday's performance was embarrassing. We were outplayed by a team two levels below us and we thoroughly deserved to get dumped out of the cup. You can use the penalty appeal and the sending off as smokescreens if you like, but in my view we were simply not good enough and Beckenham were the better team. If the performance wasn't bad enough, I found Dowse's interview even more disappointing as he appeared to blame this and other defeats entirely on our defence and (astonishingly in my opinion) seems to think we are fine going forward. It seemed to me that he was inferring that the core players he inherited have let down his new signings which, in my opinion, is the exact opposite of what's actually been happening. I'm not sure how Dowse's interviews go down in the dressing room, they do seem to be a bit contradictory from week to week and I can't imagine it helps much. Personally I think it would be better if this wasn't done until the next day when it might be a bit easier to control the emotions and answer questions more thoughtfully.

In my view, the biggest failure this season has been recruitment. We lost some very good players and have replaced them with average ones. We have no width whatsoever, no pace anywhere in the squad and no bite in midfield. Other than the occasional jaunt forward by Campbell and the odd bit of wizardry by Carruthers, there is no flair in the team and even those two lack any sort of consistency. Up front we pose very little threat and the only player who looks remotely like a centre-forward is 34 year old Charlie Sheringham, my MOTM. If things weren't bad enough already, I'm now hearing that last year's runaway player of the season (Wilks) is going to be out for a lot longer than expected.

With the squad as it stands, I wouldn't bet on us finishing higher than somewhere around 10th-12th. Of course, there is still plenty of time to turn things around, but I honestly don't think this is going to happen without some serious upgrades to the squad. My biggest fear is that if it doesn't happen quickly and we suffer more disappointing days like yesterday, this could result in heads dropping and things could go downhill very rapidly.

I desperately want to see Dowse turn things around, he has a decent track record and I'm still backing him 100%, but I and many others have felt from the outset that the quality of the squad is significantly down on last season and as worried as I was on the eve of this campaign, my fears are growing deeper with every passing game.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Simplified, we lose 2-1 unless it’s Dover.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very poor result, very poor performance. Club lost out on income.

It's a little frustrating as we do seem to be inconsistent, but I do think Dowse has a big job on his hands to turn this around.

Congratulations to Beckenham I hope they get a decent draw, first time they have made it to the 3Q round, which puts it into perspective in terms of the level of the performance/result for them.

In terms of the game we were poor, from my perspective we didn't look particularly good in an attacking sense.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Spike wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 am I understand why some people want to turn this into a King v Dowson debate, but whether you agree with King's sacking or not, the fact is that Dowse is manager and we are where we are ... and where we are at the moment is not a particularly good place.

Yesterday's performance was embarrassing. We were outplayed by a team two levels below us and we thoroughly deserved to get dumped out of the cup. You can use the penalty appeal and the sending off as smokescreens if you like, but in my view we were simply not good enough and Beckenham were the better team. If the performance wasn't bad enough, I found Dowse's interview even more disappointing as he appeared to blame this and other defeats entirely on our defence and (astonishingly in my opinion) seems to think we are fine going forward. It seemed to me that he was inferring that the core players he inherited have let down his new signings which, in my opinion, is the exact opposite of what's actually been happening. I'm not sure how Dowse's interviews go down in the dressing room, they do seem to be a bit contradictory from week to week and I can't imagine it helps much. Personally I think it would be better if this wasn't done until the next day when it might be a bit easier to control the emotions and answer questions more thoughtfully.

In my view, the biggest failure this season has been recruitment. We lost some very good players and have replaced them with average ones. We have no width whatsoever, no pace anywhere in the squad and no bite in midfield. Other than the occasional jaunt forward by Campbell and the odd bit of wizardry by Carruthers, there is no flair in the team and even those two lack any sort of consistency. Up front we pose very little threat and the only player who looks remotely like a centre-forward is 34 year old Charlie Sheringham, my MOTM. If things weren't bad enough already, I'm now hearing that last year's runaway player of the season (Wilks) is going to be out for a lot longer than expected.

With the squad as it stands, I wouldn't bet on us finishing higher than somewhere around 10th-12th. Of course, there is still plenty of time to turn things around, but I honestly don't think this is going to happen without some serious upgrades to the squad. My biggest fear is that if it doesn't happen quickly and we suffer more disappointing days like yesterday, this could result in heads dropping and things could go downhill very rapidly.

I desperately want to see Dowse turn things around, he has a decent track record and I'm still backing him 100%, but I and many others have felt from the outset that the quality of the squad is significantly down on last season and as worried as I was on the eve of this campaign, my fears are growing deeper with every passing game.

As ever very well said.

I want to support dowse 100% but I’m still struggling with it this morning. My attitude has been give him time , he needs time, too early to judge etc etc. Then I watched that interview and was so disappointed with him. Now my attitude is friggin sort it out. My patience has turned to impatient.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

With regards to the squad, 8 of the 14 players involved yesterday are Dowse's signings.
The 5th Searcher

Park Life wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:05 am With regards to the squad, 8 of the 14 players involved yesterday are Dowse's signings.
I think that most of the signings Dowse has made was done out of desperation and panic as well due to him coming in late and having to try and get a squad together.
I think he made a major cock up by not holding trials and getting more players along to have a look at rather than him going with older players that he knew.
He said he wanted to wait for the season to start and then the transfer window to see what players would be available that haven’t found a club or had been released but apart from the odd loan we’ve not really seen any new decent players come in.

I really don’t know how he’s going to turn this team around this season, I honestly don’t want to seem all doom & gloom and I really do want Dowse and the team to improve and succeed but the way things are going with the current crop of players we have I can’t see anything really improving.
It’s almost a case that Dowse and his back room team don’t have a clue how to sort it so it’s easier to finger point and blame players / positions than actually do anything about it.

Yesterday IMO Charlie Sheringham was easily head and shoulders above anyone else for MOTM and was the only one actually doing anything and trying.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Good luck to Beckenham, they deserved to win.
As for the Darts....
At 1-1 you could see it coming , we were being outplayed,out fought and were made to look very ordinary.
A lot of work needs to be done with this bunch of players.
I was glad to see Kingy appointed but in the end I was glad to see him go.
Dowson has a good track record ,I hope that he can sort this out because 4 losses in the league and dumped out of the cup by a lower league team before September is out is simply not very impressive.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Dowson's come in late? Who's to blame for that then?
He publicly declared himself available to return to the game well before the end of last season?

Is that why he's been given two years?

Have we really gone from being a progressive club to one now writing off an entire season?

After our early exit from the FA Cup I heard someone say we can now concentrate on the league.
Really? It's still only September for Christ's sake.

And what is there to concentrate on in this league exactly at this critical stage of the season then?

The play-offs or staying in it?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Just watched the highlights.
Definitely a pen

And the red card decision gets worse with every watch.

I just hope we see some incoming this week. I knew this would be a rebuild for Dowse but didn't expect us to be so inconsistent. I really do want him to succeed so here's hoping for some player news this week.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse told me he never looks at Fans Forums as they are just " keyboard Warriors " and IF they have anything thing to say then say it to his face , he would benefit breaking a life time habit and reading this thread where 99% are still backing him [ Spike's earlier post sums it up for him] but want him to take some positive action on what we can all see needed correcting

Most Darts fans are normal/genuine people and dont need a lot of b......t/excuses , we need action on what clearly is NOT a good enough squad !!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher

Although it didn’t effect how we played or the end result, I’m afraid the referee got the 2 major decisions against us completely and utterly wrong.
That was a cast iron stonewall penalty for handball and Frimpong easily won the ball a second or two before the Beckenham player got there so was never ever a red card. He didn’t go in studs up and was never a dangerous tackle, the Beckenham player wasn’t hurt and was about to get up until his team mates reacted and this is what the ref went on.
If they can’t get these easy decisions correct then I’m afraid they should never be allowed to ref at this level.
Absolutely disgraceful.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No comment on the "highlights " just that I hope the Club challenges Frimpongs Red Card as it was wrong !!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:01 am

Remind what king won?
Kingy always said he would get us in the playoffs and he delivered every season he was at Dartford, even his first season which was a miracle, yes he failed to get us promoted and possibly lost his way at the end of last season, but Dowse will do well to challenge for the play offs this season and people are now saying change the players that are not performing this season if you do that your have a large turnover of players something Kingy got stick for ,

Sadly Dowse has not shown that he has got the contacts Kingy had, I don’t buy this I came in late excuse in my opinion all it tells the players is your not good enough and your here because I couldn’t get anyone better.
Nin

Post by Nin »

The Duke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:53 am Dowse told me he never looks at Fans Forums as they are just " keyboard Warriors " and IF they have anything thing to say then say it to his face.
Before Facebook & Twitter exploded onto the scene, we had forums. There are far more keyboard warriors on social media platforms. I think the REAL fans still stay on forums. We are lucky to still have this one and it would be nice if tradition could be broken (although I'm sure it is anyway) and for the manager to come on here to have a discussion with us supporters. All very well having an open day, which is a one off. A section in this forum which can only be seen by registered users would be one way - although there are a few non Dartford supporters in here.

I'm sure I will be shot down, but it's just my opinion.