No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Hampton and Richmond Sat 24 Sep 2022

Post by rick »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:31 pm I think that was Sammys 5th booking going by his reaction.
According to my online records it is.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

rick wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:03 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:31 pm I think that was Sammys 5th booking going by his reaction.
According to my online records it is.
Thanks Rick so he will miss Hungerford next week.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Great to get a win , we really needed it but it was still very much a slog .

1st half it looked like 2 sides very much out of form with HR slightly the better side . I struggled to see what formation we were playing , it seemed to be 1 up front and 5 in centre midfield with no width but the plan was to bypass them all with long balls to the 1 up top.

2nd half started the same but we got the break with Charlie scoring just after coming on . We then found our feet a bit and the second came from Herschel with a lovely finish.
As always we made it difficult for ourselves by conceding from what looked to be a deflected shot after 2 Dartford defenders ran in to each other .

I would like to say the ref was better this week but that would be a lie , we had another cockwomble !!!

Here are the goals

Sheringham scores Dartford’s 1st

Herschel scores Dartford’s 2nd
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I didnt hear Dowse.s after match interview [ if he did one ] but looking forward to hearing WHY he didnt start with Charlie Sheringham ????????
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I didnt hear Dowse.s after match interview [ if he did one ] but looking forward to hearing WHY he didnt start with Charlie Sheringham ???????? as many Darts fans " gobsmacked " to see the starting line up without him !!
rambo

Post by rambo »

Ecstatic with the win
The performance and tactics pre Charlie was questionable
. We never looked like scoring and that long ball , jeez that is crap
We defend corners and set pieces with everyone behind the ball and if we win the ball and knock it forward it comes straight back. Leave two on the half way line and they will need to leave three back !!
The subs were correct but the players coming off were wrong. I would like to see Charlie and davide play together.
Marvin was excellent and I hope to see more of him
Charlie was superb - so clever - playing a game takes nothing out of him, he knows how to pace himself. He totally changed the game and for me was motm
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I can’t think I’ve watched a more turgid half of football than that first half today for a long, long time. Thankfully the second half improved and as a few have already said, Charlie gave us the spark when he came on (should have started though!)

Lack of width some have said. The one player to put on the left wing in Coulsons absence was Dan Roberts but we’ve sent him to Slough on loan (beggars belief!!) I fear we won’t won’t see him in a Dartford shirt again.

Young Herschel did well out on the right and took his goal well.

Tuesday at home to Eastbourne will be a tougher proposition by far, but looking forward to it already. Vital 3 points today - tick! COYD’s.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Massive relief to see the win and the lads behind the goal, as well as several much younger ones, made it a great atmosphere after the goals. As others have said the first half was scrappy and lacking in confidence. Rodari on his own up front does well to win long ball headers, but no-one close enough to pick them up, whereas Charlies has experience and strength to hold the ball up and use it or pass. Two well worked and well taken goals scored and made by him.
However, I've gone for Joe in goal for MOM as he made important saves to keep us in the game, and was confident in his handling and kicking throughout.
Pity about the 5 bookings, mainly for misjudged rather than bad tackles, but at least the ref was consistent having booked Kristien so early.
Onwards and upwards with the next winnable games.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

7 cautions in total in the game. Ridiculous! A performance to please the assessor in the stand I guess!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Couldn't make it to the game so have just watched the highlights and well done Darts on the win.
Like so many others the big question for me was why was Charlie on the bench and not in the starting line up having been voted M.O.M. from the previous game :o
Some very good saves by Joe keeping us in the game and until Charlie came on they looked the better side in the highlights but with his non stop running came his goal and a very good pass from him created the chance for the second goal.
He celebrated his goal well for the fans and also looked very pleased when Marvin scored the second goal and he was still running at the final whistle
It is good to see that he is looking to be the M.O.M. again and hopefully starts on Tuesday
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

In the 1st half[ especially] we looked disjointed and kept giving the ball [ needlessly] way , Wynter in holding role did o k and Carruthers in wide left position [ shame but no one else to play there] was dangerous and showed his class but generally it was a bit of a "no go " , changed after 60mns when Sheringham came on and showed his class and experience by holding the ball up and being available for passes and soon had scored the opening goal and laid a goal on for Herschell , must get Mickey Austin [ over a cup of tea] to ask Dowse WHY Sheringham didnt start , I hope he is not claiming credit for a great 60 minute substitution ??
Overall we just about deserved to win but it is only papering over the cracks and new [ replacement not loanees ] players are needed IF we are to become a real play of threat !!

The funniest bit of the day was seeing Dowse ranting and raving in the dug out as Marvin Hershall took an age to get back to the dug out after being subbed and enjoying " selfies and Hugs " with the Darts fans , lighten up Dowse , you old misery guts [[tic]

Still great to get 3pts and hopefully we can maintain with Eastbourne and Hungerford next up at PP
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I wondered where Herschel was playing first half, he looked a little lost and was hardly any help to Rodari at all. Davide should have had two himself before half time and I did feel a little sorry for the lad.
To be honest I thought it was a good competition between two teams at the end of a season and nothing to play for, rather than a September game. Awful first half marginally better second. H&R always in it with a couple of vital saves by Joe. Once we were two up I thought we could relax a bit but we relaxed too much with another vital save from Youngie to stop them grabbing a point.
No outstanding performance from anyone, and yes, bringing on Charlie was a game changer. Herschel took his goal well and in some way I can understand Dowse's annoyance at him getting round the pitch when he was subbed. a bit off-putting for the team. It was almost a David Beckham appearance in the queue moment.
Hard to pick a MOTM and hard to see this as a change of form/fortune. Maybe after Tuesday's game we can give a better judgement on that.
As for Samir Carruthers i feel he is a very good player and we are very lucky to have him. But for how long? Or, more to the point, why IS he here?
COYD's
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Agree with others game changed after Charlie came on

League table not looking too bad now and good to see a bigger crowd.

Still need a few more players in but Dowse has been saying this as well just worried as to why no players are coming in
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

With so many teams around us including 5 of the top 6 dropping 2 points in draws, then it was an excellent time for the Darts to add 3 points to our total and move up the table.

It's funny how games are viewed. Of all the match reports in the NLP today on the National League South games, only the Darts match attracted a 4 star rating, 2 other games attracting 2 star ratings (Weymouth v Dover and Taunton v Chelmsford) and the remainder all given 3 stars. The Darts also had the biggest attendance in the division too, although Welling pushed us close?!!!

Pleased for Marvin Herschel that he was given a start and also scored on his debut. Nice to see the development squad being given the opportunity and taking their chances. What with Sam due to be back in contention soon after his surgery, it all means competition for places. Just a pity we put ourselves under pressure with the early bookings of both fullbacks, although I noted that the ref appeared to be card happy! Nevertheless, it puts pressure on those players not to pick up a second caution and having the team down to 10 men.

Let's hope we can continue the progress over the next 2 matches.

COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

That was a crucial win and a much better performance than last week, but I don't think we should get too carried away. The game was evenly poised and could easily have gone the other way and it was a great relief to hear the final whistle. The day belonged to young Marvin Herschel and he thoroughly deserved his goal and I enjoyed watching him milk it to the extreme, LOL. He worked hard all game and I can see why he's running away with the MOTM vote. Great to see an academy lad break through and make an impact, but it was only one game so he needs to keep his feet on the ground. It's a great start but whether he can produce on a regular basis only time will tell.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Charlie Sheringham is currently the best and most effective of our forwards. I don't know if it's correct but I did overhear someone saying he wasn't quite fit enough to start the game, although he looked fine when he came on and certainly made an impact. To be honest, if he can stand on one leg and kick with the other one then I'd start him at the moment. Rodari could be quite effective as he does supremely well at winning headers and flick ons, but as we have nobody playing off of him it never amounts to anything. If he had someone like McQueen playing next to him I think that would work very well. As it is, with no width whatsoever and very little pace in the team, banging long balls up front would seem to be our preferred strategy and Charlie is the only one equipped to both hold the ball up and/or take chances when they fall his way. Herschel is a potential improvement, but it's a big step up from the academy and is a lot more physically demanding. He did start to cramp up a bit towards the end so I hope we don't put to much pressure on him too soon. That said, I would hope he'll get some pitch time again on Tuesday.

Still, overall it was a decent game and after 3 successive home defeats, we got the much needed victory.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Very good article from Charlie Sheringham on Kent on line football today with a great "I'll show you Dowse " and talking about being at Dartford , genuine guy who alaways gives 100% for the Darts and hope he now gets a run of games with goals to follow !!!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... et-274074/
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

For the neutral I would say that it was a very entertaining game and had Rodari taken his chances in the first half it would have been much easier on the blood pressure. I know that Charlie will get the plaudits for his introduction but I think that Keiran had a bigger impact as he was more successful than Jack with picking up those runs made by Herr Herschel. I just find it so odd that he was one of the standout players in pre-season only to be excluded from the team early doors. He is one of only a few players who can get up and down the pitch and more importantly, he poses a goal threat.

I'm not going to get too excited as I know that we are in transition and that we will need a few additions if we are to get in the top 7 but I would say that I don't think that we are a million miles away from where we were last season. Lets face it, there were at least 5 teams better than us last season and all the teams we have lost too so far have not been that great.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

An important 3 points in the bag! Give the team and fans a taste of success and it could be catching. Definitely room for improvement, the team still look a bit disjointed, but 5 changes from last week so you expect that. Hopefully it will be small changes to the starting 11 Tuesday and they can pick up where we left off!

Coyds