KentC.

Re: Dartford v Welling Tue 1 Nov 2022

Post by KentC. »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:28 pm
KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:05 pm And top of the league Steve who.🤣🤣
You have some issues you need to let go of
No issues says the man who had issues with Ryan Hayes.🤣🤡

I have opinions but I don’t bring up the past and I don’t have issues with anyone, mature adults are able to differentiate, for you to bring up the past continuously is evident of a real problem for you. I think you would do well to seek help and clear your negative mind.
We just put on our best performance for a long time and you comment on the previous manager. I’m glad I don’t live in your head. I bet you’re a bundle of fun in your daily life. Move on saddo.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:28 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:28 pm
KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 pm

You have some issues you need to let go of
No issues says the man who had issues with Ryan Hayes.🤣🤡

I have opinions but I don’t bring up the past and I don’t have issues with anyone, mature adults are able to differentiate, for you to bring up the past continuously is evident of a real problem for you. I think you would do well to seek help and clear your negative mind.
We just put on our best performance for a long time and you comment on the previous manager. I’m glad I don’t live in your head. I bet you’re a bundle of fun in your daily life. Move on saddo.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡🥱💤💤
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match report by Chris Palmer

DARTFORD 5 WELLING UNITED 1

Dartford’s excellent form continued, as they put five goals past a shambolic Welling United side in front of 1,711 supporters at a wet Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park.

A relatively even start soon turned into a dominant display for the Darts, as they grasped a firm grip on proceedings within minutes. And it didn’t take long for the hosts to turn that domination into a goal, as the in-form Pierre Fonkeu lashed home the opener after just eleven minutes.

The goal arrived via a corner, which Luke Coulson had whipped into the danger area. Goalkeeper, Kyle McKenzie-Lyle managed to make the initial save from Fonkeu’s first attempt, but was helpless to do anything about the winger’s close-range strike from the rebound.

Such was the hosts’ dominance, even the disappearance of skipper Tom Bonner failed to present Welling with any progress up the pitch! Having received treatment following a clash (22), which also required the “blood shirt” to replace his usual one, Bonner returned to action (24), just in time for his side to double their advantage.

This time it was Davide Rodari’s turn to grab a goal, as McKenzie-Lyle seemed to be having a rough time of it between the Welling sticks. Josh Johnson’s initial strike forced the goalkeeper into making a save, but he failed to keep hold of it, and Rodari pounced to roll the ball home into an empty net (28).

The visitors tried to respond, but as the rain intensified, their efforts on the pitch were littered with errors… some forced by Dartford’s high-press, others unforced…! And, with six minutes remaining until the half-time break, Maxwell Statham was on hand to stretch the lead to three.

The defender’s goal duly arrived following Luke Coulson’s corner, which found the boot of Statham just inside the far side of the box. He put his laces through it, and it flew through a sea of bodies and into the back of the net (39).

At that point, the visitors appeared to discover their wings and they had arguably one of their best spells of the game. They came close twice during the closing stages, with Connor Essam’s timely block preventing Ade Azeez from pulling a goal back (44), before Joe Young made a great save from a good strike from Jamie Sendles-White (45).

The start of the second-half saw the visitors make a double change, as Antony Papadopoulos and Devonte Aransibia made way for Amadou Kassarate and Jay Simpson (46).

And, after 53 minutes they were seemingly gifted a way back into the game. As fortune favours the brave, Ade Azeez charged towards Joe Young, who misjudged things and kicked the ball straight at the former Dart. The ball ricocheted off Azeez and, out of nothing, Welling had a lifeline.

The visitors tried to take it too and were suddenly on top for a brief period… their second good spell of the game… Their opportunity arrived on the hour, but Joe Young redeemed himself with an excellent save to prevent Sendles-White from pulling another goal back (60).

That was the moment when the pendulum duly swung back towards the hosts and parity was soon restored.

The Darts attacked, McKenzie-Lyle ran out to head the ball clear, only to send it straight into the path of Jack Smith! Naturally, the Dartford midfielder couldn’t believe his luck as he sent a delightful lob into the back of the net (62).

MMcKenzie-Lyle did redeem himself a little while afterwards, as he made a good save to prevent Coulson’s free-kick from going in… However, there was an element of fortune involved once again because the loose ball fell to Josh Johnson. Unfortunately, the Dartford number 23 could only watch as his effort ricocheted wide of the Welling post (68).

Alan Dowson’s only change in personnel came in the 81st minute, as Alex Wall replaced Davide Rodari, before the hosts sealed the win with another fine goal.

The goal came from an excellent counter-attack along their right-flank, whereby Alex Wall found Luke Coulson with a neat ball, and the Dartford number seven fired home to clip Welling’s wings for good.

The result sees local bragging rights remain in the hands of Tom Bonner and Co while, more importantly, the Darts move to the summit of the National League South table. The captain was handed the Man of The Match award afterwards, in what must have been a difficult choice after such an excellent team performance in front of the home faithful.

TEAMS

DARTFORD: Joe Young, Jordan Wynter, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Davide Rodari, Maxwell Statham, Jack Smith, Pierre Fonkeu, Sam Odaudu, Josh Johnson.

SUBSTITUTES: Dan Wilks, Alex Wall, Keiran Murtagh, Charlie Sheringham, Marvin Herschel.

WELLING UNTIED: Kyle McKenzie-Lyle, Chi Ezennolim, Manny Parry, Sam Cox, Yaser Kazim, Antony Papadopoulos, Sid Nelson, Ade Azeez, Devonte Aransibia, James Dunne, Jamie Sendles-White

SUBSTITUTES: Amadou Kassarate, Cameron Andrews, Thomas Dickens, Jay Simpson, Taylor Mahoney.

By Chris Palmer
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:45 pm
I'd be fuming if I was a Welling fan. Completely dismisses the importance of the fixture. Imagine having that level of arrogance after that result
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:14 am
Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:45 pm
I'd be fuming if I was a Welling fan. Completely dismisses the importance of the fixture. Imagine having that level of arrogance after that result
Agree. This fixture at this stage of the season represented a potential turning point for either team. To dismiss a loss as simply “park football” neither acknowledges the gravity of the result nor shows an ambition with drive to overcome.
Alan Dowson has not only proved the naysayers wrong, but has instilled the community spirit back within DFC, which he pledged to do. We will all keep a keen eye on tomorrow’s game, but let’s not get away from the FACT that Dowson’s black & white army will push anyone all the way for the NLS title!

COYD
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Fantastic performance and result last night. Coulsdon was superb I thought, although can't fault any of the team.

Welling looked awful for large parts and their goalkeeper looked like he'd won a competition to play last night. He was absolutely shocking.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

The manager got it right yet again whilst a lot of us in the bar were in despair seeing that both Charlie and Alex were on the bench before the game and wondering why :o but well done to him the result speaks for itself. :D
I chose Jack for M.O.M. but as others have said this was really about a team performance with everyone of the players contributing for the full 90 minutes closing down the opposition winning the ball and taking the opportunities when they came along.
Their keeper looked more like he had been called upon to play as a last minute Welling fan pulled out of the crowd as he was so uncertain every time he got near the ball.
As others have commented I thought that the referee did have a fairly good game and yes there should have been more bookings especially their No12
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Does anyone have a video of the Welling goal? Like others have said, I started to look up the pitch expecting the ball to be sent long from Young and then looked back just as it fell into our net.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Bus stop fans not happy with their Managers comments on their forum!! A derbies a Derby no matter what level of the pyramid it’s played at!!
It’s all about passion/effort & the Wings (& their Manager) showed zilch!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Wow! Fabulous five star performance from our lads and I really struggled to pick a MOTM as it truly was a team effort with everyone hitting the mark. I had narrowed it down to a final 11 but then the subs came on :D . I understand why many have voted for Smith as he was outstanding, but in the end I plumped for Coulson who I felt had his best game since joining the Darts. We really dominated the middle of the park last night, something that has been evident ever since Wynter started playing as the holding midfielder. He is excellent in this role and his presence allows the more creative players to get forward. It really is starting to come together and Dowse is doing a fabulous job. The work ethic amongst the players is phenomenal and the desire to win is driving them on all the time. The highest compliment I can pay is that this reminds me of the sort of team spirit that was a hallmark of Tony Burman's teams at their best. I couldn't be happier with how things are going at our club. It seems that both on and off the pitch there is real harmony and I sit here now counting down the hours to the next game. Loving it Dowse, just loving it.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I picked the wrong time to be full of a stinking cold (not covid).
Went to bed at 8 o'clock but followed the updates .
Great win lads with some excellent finishing.
Feeling a bit better this morning
Probably down to night nurse and the Darts demolition of the bus stop team.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

IF I was a Welling fan and listened to Warren Feeneys post match interview then I would be really p.....d of as he came across as a real Billy Big Bo....ks and no respect for non league football , he says he was offered a role with a higher league club a week ago but turned it down , bet many Welling fans must now wish he has taken it .
For the record " Billy B B s " playing and Managing career as follows :

Played 300+ league games for teams at best in league 1 scored 1 goal in 5 , played for Northern Ireland 46 times [ 5goals ] won F... all and had a 11 year career in management incl 1 year at Newport County , 4 as assistant manager with lower league clubs and 4 with " mickey mouse " clubs in Ireland and Bulgaria , some " Billy B B " he is !!!!!

As for the game its virtually ALL been said , great to have pace in midfield [ Johnson and Smith] , guile [ Wynter] and experience [ Coulson] and Caruthers to come !!!

Derbys might NOT be important to Feeney but try telling that to 1700 fans last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Rejoice Darts fans, great win, great vibe and let's keep the momentum going. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Farnborough

Post by 180 »

Darren

Post by Darren »

What a performance!

Like some others, I was disappointed with Kingy’s departure and thought the club had royally f***ed up, especially after 6-7 games. However I’m so glad that Dowse has made me eat my words and this team is just getting better and better.

TBH I was expecting more of a threat from Welling and had the game was played when it should’ve, they would’ve probably got a result as we wasn’t playing well then.

Hard to pick a M.O.M but opted for Smith in the end.

Fantastic attendance for a Tuesday night - my only criticism is the behaviour of the youth element behind the goal. Whilst they create a great atmosphere and get behind the team, the throwing things onto the pitch and the massive surge forwards when a goal is scored will either cost the club in fines or worse still, someone will get hurt. Maybe, I’m just getting old :lol:
Last edited by Darren on Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Darren Said
Fantastic attendance for a Tuesday night - by only criticism is the behaviour of the youth element behind the goal. Whilst they create a great atmosphere and get behind the team, the throwing things onto the pitch and the massive surge forwards when a goal is scored will either cost the club in fines or worse still, someone will get hurt. Maybe, I’m just getting old :lol:
There are so many of us that have said the same thing as we stand behind the goal and are having to gradually move either to the left or right further away from the goal but still see the objects being thrown on to the pitch see them surge forward for goals and the pride they display as some are marched away out of the ground by stewards. Maybe at 74 I'm getting old to :)