Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Mark Sweet

Re: Chippenham v Dartford Sat 3 Sep 2022

Post by Mark Sweet »

How are we playing? Hopefully can kick on on the 2nd half looking at the table we need to come away from this with a win.

Ade scoring 3 for Welling and Ebbsfleet winning again.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:48 pm Giving away a sloppy pen, always struggle against these.
What was it for?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Did their pen definitely cross the line? I’m hearing controversy??
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Subs:-
Sheringham for Roberts.
Wall for Fonkeu.
Coulson for Murtagh.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Chippenham is a hard place to go to win , but the top five will manage it , I think dartford will second half . We are adults so I’m not a troll, but Azeez is on fire from what I’m watching, he looks different from what I saw last year , with the budget Dowse could of got him , maybe he didn’t drink ten pints after a match or wouldn’t humiliate himself singing 😂😂😂
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I can feel it coming - the Chips winning goal in the last five minutes...
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1-2 Chippenham
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We've really thrown away more points in the last minute...Against a struggling Chippenham side.

Ffs.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:49 pm 1-2 Chippenham
Told you!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-2
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Silverado wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:52 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:49 pm 1-2 Chippenham
Told you!
Yup! I wasn’t there but ‘saw’ that coming when he threw Wall on. And Sheringham. Really?! Were Roberts and Fonkeu really that bad to be replaced by them? Can anyone who went reassure me that Wall offered anything? That’s three times now we have thrown away a goal lead to lose 1-2. It’s also (at least) three times we’ve lost when we’ve thrown Wall on whilst being level. Is it just me? I’m not ‘seeing’ it. Welling next and how embarrassing would it be to lose at home to them?!! FFS. It’s on the cards. THAT is now a MASSIVE game that we simply have to win. Nothing else will be of any use. But where are the goals coming from. A defender again? It’s gonna be an interesting evening on Monday.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:48 pm Giving away a sloppy pen, always struggle against these.

You say sloppy pen. What was sloppy about it. Genuine question I’m interested in your opinion why it was sloppy
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We miss Rodari so much. The fact is we don't have the depth, especially up top. Wall adds nothing and Sheringham has only just got match fit. I don't trust either of them enough to be able to influence games.

I, and others, keep saying there's plenty of time to turn it around which currently there is. However that time will soon run out and we need to sort out the issues quickly.

We also seem to be conceding a lot of goals during the 45th and 90th minutes which is a concern.

We cannot lose to Welling on Saturday.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I didnt go so I cannot comment on the performance {?} but my man at the game [ a genuine Darts fan] was far from happy especially as most Darts fans who made the trip today will have spent circa £50 for the "privilege " of watching a team/squad that is obviously NOT good enough and needs an infusion of quality players !!!

I always intended to go up to PP for The Meet the Manager and will be very interested to see what plans Dowse has !!!!!!

Next game up is Welling , usually we give them a "seeing too " NOT so sure this time around , I want to be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

The Duke wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:30 pm I didnt go so I cannot comment on the performance {?} but my man at the game [ a genuine Darts fan] was far from happy especially as most Darts fans who made the trip today will have spent circa £50 for the "privilege " of watching a team/squad that is obviously NOT good enough and needs an infusion of quality players !!!

I always intended to go up to PP for The Meet the Manager and will be very interested to see what plans Dowse has !!!!!!

Next game up is Welling , usually we give them a "seeing too " NOT so sure this time around , I want to be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working this morning so took in the welling game. Can’t work out if welling were that good or Oxford we’re poor. Bit of both I think. Aziz looks trim and sharp like he’s lost a few pounds.
Looking forward to the match reports on here from the usual attendees. Too early in the season to be negative but it’s hard not to be sometimes.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Didn’t go today so cannot comment

Only 4 points off play offs just need to get a bit of consistency and that was always the aim for this season, Dowse needs to get more players through the door and one has to be a striker that can score goals.

Be interesting to see what Dowse has to say on Monday what time does it start
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

JCJ wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:07 pm Didn’t go today so cannot comment

Only 4 points off play offs just need to get a bit of consistency and that was always the aim for this season, Dowse needs to get more players through the door and one has to be a striker that can score goals.

Be interesting to see what Dowse has to say on Monday what time does it start
Glad you said, “start,” and not, “kick off.” 😂
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Disappointed after having most of the play and scoring first. Chances missed by Dan who rounded keeper before screwing shot on to the bar, while Luke also had a good chance, before a half cleared corner fell for Conor to curl a perfect cross onto Tom's head for Statham to tap home. On top until giving away a penalty. Couldn't see from far end, but guess a mistimed tackle from Jordan who otherwise was calm and assured. Joe saved but ball must have squirmed behind for linesman to flag a disputed goal.
Another chance for Dan before being substituted, when played through until bundled off for ball. Badly needs a goal for confidence. Runs and tries hard but not coming off yet. Sharper with Charlie up front, but Alex just there for nuisance value with niggling until the inevitable yellow card.
Needless free kick conceded on edge of box as added time approached. Well taken winner over the wall. Sorry for Joe who was untroubled otherwise.
Defence solid and Keiran playing well until injury, but missed Samir who was presumably nursing a knock.
Scoring first and losing 2-1 becoming a habit, but self inflicted today against moderate opposition. Long train trip home

Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

BrianL wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:18 pm Disappointed after having most of the play and scoring first. Chances missed by Dan who rounded keeper before screwing shot on to the bar, while Luke also had a good chance, before a half cleared corner fell for Conor to curl a perfect cross onto Tom's head for Statham to tap home. On top until giving away a penalty. Couldn't see from far end, but guess a mistimed tackle from Jordan who otherwise was calm and assured. Joe saved but ball must have squirmed behind for linesman to flag a disputed goal.
Another chance for Dan before being substituted, when played through until bundled off for ball. Badly needs a goal for confidence. Runs and tries hard but not coming off yet. Sharper with Charlie up front, but Alex just there for nuisance value with niggling until the inevitable yellow card.
Needless free kick conceded on edge of box as added time approached. Well taken winner over the wall. Sorry for Joe who was untroubled otherwise.
Defence solid and Keiran playing well until injury, but missed Samir who was presumably nursing a knock.
Scoring first and losing 2-1 becoming a habit, but self inflicted today against moderate opposition. Long train trip home

I think the keeper got a touch of the ball, which is why Danny didn’t score!
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

KentC. wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 pm
The Duke wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:30 pm I didnt go so I cannot comment on the performance {?} but my man at the game [ a genuine Darts fan] was far from happy especially as most Darts fans who made the trip today will have spent circa £50 for the "privilege " of watching a team/squad that is obviously NOT good enough and needs an infusion of quality players !!!

I was working this morning so took in the welling game. Can’t work out if welling were that good or Oxford we’re poor. Bit of both I think. Aziz looks trim and sharp like he’s lost a few pounds.
Looking forward to the match reports on here from the usual attendees. Too early in the season to be negative but it’s hard not to be sometimes.
To be honest Oxford didn’t lay a glove on Welling Utd all day. It’s hard to know how good Welling were. Can’t see how Oxford have won 4 on the bounce before today. All I will say is Welling Utd are a much improved football team this season compared to the utter dross of last term. Should be a good game next week.