Meet The Manager - 5th Sept 2022 after DFCSA AGM

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Meet The Manager - 5th Sept 2022 after DFCSA AGM

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

So…. Any gems? Pearls of wisdom? Promises? Reassurances?
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

I had taken some notes, but my computer crashed before I could type them up so I only have what I can remember - hopefully this is all accurate (!)

- Dowse was off to two games today (one at Barnet, and then the FA Cup replay between our next round opponents).
- Hoping to get more bodies in, including a winger. Limited to the amount of loans available per season so may be permanent deals. Prefers longer loans/permanent anyway.
- Was disappointed not to get a couple of former Woking players but the timing of getting the job didn't allow it.
- Rodari should be back for the weekend. Wilks was due to train last night, only Sam Odaudu is unavailable definitely after his operation
- Will be treating the competitions in this order: League, FA Cup, FA Trophy, other cups - expect to see some academy representation in the County Cups as a way of seeing them in action.

I'm sure some of the others there will remember more, but I was finishing up AGM information during the meeting
Sleightly Deceptive

Thanks Gary.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Gary C wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:53 pm I had taken some notes, but my computer crashed before I could type them up so I only have what I can remember - hopefully this is all accurate (!)

- Dowse was off to two games today (one at Barnet, and then the FA Cup replay between our next round opponents).
- Hoping to get more bodies in, including a winger. Limited to the amount of loans available per season so may be permanent deals. Prefers longer loans/permanent anyway.
- Was disappointed not to get a couple of former Woking players but the timing of getting the job didn't allow it.
- Rodari should be back for the weekend. Wilks was due to train last night, only Sam Odaudu is unavailable definitely after his operation
- Will be treating the competitions in this order: League, FA Cup, FA Trophy, other cups - expect to see some academy representation in the County Cups as a way of seeing them in action.

I'm sure some of the others there will remember more, but I was finishing up AGM information during the meeting
Great stuff, thanks Gary 👍
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Thanks for that Gary.
Let's hope he is looking for a hard tackling defensive midfielder and someone to replace Wall.
Sleightly Deceptive

Fred OLness wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:35 pm Thanks for that Gary.
Let's hope he is looking for a hard tackling defensive midfielder and someone to replace Wall.
The cones that they train with could replace Wall.
rambo

Post by rambo »

With respect if we have any sense we should target a great fa cup run to finance a push for promotion next season