The new season

Wookie

Re: The new season

Post by Wookie »

Harry wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:20 pm
I am sure the squad will evolve over the next two to three seasons, personally I don't see us challenging for top spot but I do think we can have a realistic chance at the play off positions this year with a view to building a title challenging team in time. Essentially little different to last year, once we began misfiring after the Sudbury defeat.

I still expect us to be closer to the play offs than the the bottom half, but would very much welcome a good cup run, in either the FA cup or trophy.
That’s no good. Just finishing in the playoffs is seen as a failure and will get you the sack 😉
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Let’s suck it and see! I believe the squad is light but happy that the Core of last seasons squad have re-signed. Inevitable that Jack Jebb was going to move on. Big signing is Luke Coulson who will bring absolute quality to the team.

Disappointments - not retaining the likes of Danny Leonard, Jernade Meade and Kory Roberts. The rest were just journeymen in my opinion.

Not as confident as I was this time last season but a draw at Bath and a win the following week at home to Cheshunt will be a very solid start for us.

COYDs
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

For me, I’m be to warmth is Dan Roberts. If I had one criticism of Kingy last season it’s that he didn’t give Dan enough opportunity to fulfill his boundless potential. Big season incoming from Dan who I believe will form a prolific partnership with Charlie Sheringha (provided of course that we can get Charlie fit!)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Bloody predictive text and doing more than one thing at once 😂
That last post should have started, “One to watch for me….”
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

A decent squad with 18 signed , I reckon there is [ only] room for 2 more , a proven back up keeper and an out and out winger [ Danny Leonard style ] , we have cover everywhere else [ incl 5 strikers ] , looking forward to my 1st game [ Cheshunt] after solid performance at Bath !!!!!