Dan Roberts (Sub)
3%
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Babylon

Re: Dartford v Worthing Sat 27 Aug 2022

Post by Babylon »

I made it 2 shots at goal in the 2nd half for us.
One hit the crossbar and the other effort was a shot that I could have saved.

There is a long way to go but our capitulation today was very concerning.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Well the theory of lets see where we are after 10 games or so has gone out of the window. Sick of hearing about our ex manager to be honest, do we keep going on about the burman days?! no so let's move on, and remember it's a vastly changed squad and management team. I know we all care about the club otherwise we wouldn't be posting on hear, but let's get behind the team. Worst performance ever has been quoted, really?! get real. Perhaps expectations need to be rained in by a few over the cookoo's nest, I do agree there are a few players lacking effort which is unforgivable, but let douse and team have a bit of time.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Yep I’m on a promise 😂😂😂promise that if I block Hurley I be allowed out Tommo😂😂
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:34 pm Well the theory of lets see where we are after 10 games or so has gone out of the window. Sick of hearing about our ex manager to be honest, do we keep going on about the burman days?! no so let's move on, and remember it's a vastly changed squad and management team. I know we all care about the club otherwise we wouldn't be posting on hear, but let's get behind the team. Worst performance ever has been quoted, really?! get real. Perhaps expectations need to be rained in by a few over the cookoo's nest, I do agree there are a few players lacking effort which is unforgivable, but let douse and team have a bit of time.
I agree 👍
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:58 pm I'll be honest. That was the first league game I've got to this season and was left rather concerned by some in the squad. Wall looked extremely poor. Didn't want to compete at all and was just trying to look like he was getting fouled. He certainly isn't the answer for a promotion push.

Samir doesn't do enough. A player of his class needs to control games at this level better. Allen didn't look like he knew where he was trying to pass the ball.

But overall the vast majority looked either disinterested or really poor. We can get better and it's not a disaster of a season as yet, but we need to end this poor run ASAP.

One positive was that Campbell played well. Looked sharp on both sides of the pitch and caused their full backs problems.
Didn’t you say once on Twitter well done dowse for building an exciting, great team?

Reap what you sow - You’ve got your club back
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

One game buddy. Plenty of time for this team to come good.

Also I'd still rather this set up than the one we had last year where players were still introducing themselves to each other as they kicked off.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:34 pm Well the theory of lets see where we are after 10 games or so has gone out of the window. Sick of hearing about our ex manager to be honest, do we keep going on about the burman days?! no so let's move on, and remember it's a vastly changed squad and management team. I know we all care about the club otherwise we wouldn't be posting on hear, but let's get behind the team. Worst performance ever has been quoted, really?! get real. Perhaps expectations need to be rained in by a few over the cookoo's nest, I do agree there are a few players lacking effort which is unforgivable, but let douse and team have a bit of time.
Yes we did, all the flaming time last season -‘burman wouldn’t have used this many players’, ‘burman would have a small squad’ etc.

You mentioned that your sick of hearing about our ex manager, well I’m sick of hearing that things need to be done ‘the burman way’ and ‘the dartford way’.

Expectations need to be rained in? What do expect when a manager is sacked after finishing in the playoffs 3 seasons in a row. Burman, Irving and Skinner are taking the club backwards - but it’s ok as we can all enjoy a pint afterwards
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:12 pm One game buddy. Plenty of time for this team to come good.

Also I'd still rather this set up than the one we had last year where players were still introducing themselves to each other as they kicked off.

Forgotten about Taunton last week? The home games against Cheshunt and Havant didn’t exactly give much confidence
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:28 pm
Yes we did, all the flaming time last season -‘burman wouldn’t have used this many players’, ‘burman would have a small squad’ etc.

You mentioned that your sick of hearing about our ex manager, well I’m sick of hearing that things need to be done ‘the burman way’ and ‘the dartford way’.

Expectations need to be rained in? What do expect when a manager is sacked after finishing in the playoffs 3 seasons in a row. Burman, Irving and Skinner are taking the club backwards - but it’s ok as we can all enjoy a pint afterwards
And failing in 2 playoffs.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

If it was not for the likes of Steve and Tony stepping up in our hour of need we would not have a club !!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

First off, I'm worried. If Spike, who I normally think puts a fair post in, ends with 'I'm worried' Then I'm worried.
Second off, What was Wykes out for, injury? Because I certainly hope he was. No offence to Joe, who, lets face it, only touched the ball twice and that was to take it out of our net.
Worthing played a lot of pretty football around the park but weren't exactly getting anywhere (apart from the goals) and let's face it, it's those that count.
But we were forever chasing the ball to no avail. We hadn't a clue. Yet we have some classy players in the squad.
Why Worthing had to resort to the last twenty minutes is beyond me, they didn't need to do it. And yes, the referee lost it at that point.
The booking of Pierre and Samir was laughable.
The revalation that is Kristian on the right, excellent. More please Mr Dowse.
I am beginning to worry that Dowse is a Woking manager without the money. More like a Kingstonian manager.
But let's face it, we were undone by an average side.
very easy to go for Kristian today because he played very well second half. But it's a ninety minute game.
I'm giving my MOTM to Pierre because he tried for ninety minutes to close them down and try and create chances for er....somebody. Alas, he was on his own there.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:50 pm

So what’s your expectation? Mid table or worse? burman also failed in a playoff after finishing 2nd on goal difference and also getting relegated 2 seasons in a row but didn’t get the sack

The only expectation with the circus upstairs is that we can enjoy a jolly good drink after the game - might as well play in the local Sunday pub league
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:03 pm

So what’s your expectation? Mid table or worse? burman also failed in a playoff after finishing 2nd on goal difference and also getting relegated 2 seasons in a row but didn’t get the sack

The only expectation with the circus upstairs is that we can enjoy a jolly good drink after the game - might as well play in the local Sunday pub league
You sound like one of Hurleys fan boys.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Not at all. I’m entitled to have my opinion as much as anyone. Personally you and some others on here need to climb out of Irving’s backside. It’s hard to tell where he ends and you start.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:15 pm

Not at all. I’m entitled to have my opinion as much as anyone. Personally you and some others on here need to climb out of Irving’s backside. It’s hard to tell where he ends and you start.
Getting rid of king was the best thing the club did .
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:18 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah it really looks like it. Take one look at how much the attendances have dropped.

Don’t worry, you won’t have to wait much longer to get a pint. There will be just you, a few others and a dog watching soon enough
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:26 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:18 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah it really looks like it. Take one look at how much the attendances have dropped.

Don’t worry, you won’t have to wait much longer to get a pint. There will be just you, a few others and a dog watching soon enough
Your posts are very strange. Seems like you have a personal grudge with the club for some reason and looking for a reason to post on here!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

When I said expectations should be rained in, I meant for us to expect to just pick up where we left off was perhaps naive. Time should have taught us that any team in this league can beat another if you play like we did 2and half, but that can be fixed, cant it?!. I wasnt present for the Havant game, but from what I read and heard we didnt do too badly and could have won. We have now lost two on the bounce, both after taking the lead, so no need to throw in the towel just yet, stay calm. We have seen many a team go on a decent run later on, and come back into contention for playoffs. Sorry but dont see us winning outright this year, and dont think it should have been anyone else's expectation after the short time douse has had in charge. Personally the introduction of academy players has excited me that the club are trying to work from within, which I think is the best model for us financially and to create that club ethic.

I suppose that's Rose tinters firmly on for me? but I support Dartford, and if we dont reach the playoffs I will be here next year regardless, I thought that's what supports do, regardless of the current management or future ones COYDs.

Think crouds will pick up but 900 odd ain't bad for holiday season, dont think there is a mass abstaining that is being suggested, but time will tell. I remember the 300 we used to get when we reforrmed, many of whom I still see there today, which is another reason I support the club.

Fingers crossed for a better performance next game.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

The first 15-20 minutes we were on top and got a deserved lead . At this point it looked like the team were getting the reaction that Douse was demanding especially after last week’s disappointing performance ,and if Luke hadn’t missed what was another golden opportunity to make it 2-0 the game may of had a different outcome ? I don’t think Worthing were an average team at all , they outplayed us for most of the second half , they were first to nearly every 50-50 ball and their passing was accurate and not wasted , and they had us chasing shadows and limiting us to one shot on goal from a free kick ,and kept on to the end and thoroughly deserved the three points in the end .
We do look like team that are destined for mid table mediocrity? But we have to keep the faith .I’m sure Douse will turn it around ? But whatever happens true supporters will always follow their club through thick and thin and not jump on the first bus to the neighbours because the beer is served quicker .
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Very disappointed that we lost again, but the forum is being hijackedagain, a bit of negative bullshit again.
2 contributers need to do one and move in with Kingy wherever he is, he's gone and history. The club will be just fine, it's obviously a rebuild.
At times like this the Dartford loyal stick together.