Dan Roberts (Sub)
3%
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Worthing Sat 27 Aug 2022

Post by Park Life »

DA1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:01 pm Wasn’t there but I’m looking forward to seeing peoples views on the game and in comparison to last week because obviously on paper it doesn’t look like a great Saturday again.
In comparison to last week it was more of the same.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:58 pm Mid table at best

What’s your thoughts on todays game.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

KentC. wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:23 pm

To be fair, he was being kind for once. Play like with any kind of regularity and we’ll be lucky to stay up!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Ref was shit and ww were f*cking shitter Worthing players wanted it more than some of ours when they were not diving knowing the ref would fall for it every time . I am going to put in the same amount of effort putting our goal up as some of players did during the game and not bother . I know it was hot but no bothering to close the opposition down or to jump for a ball and watching it fly pass is unacceptable
Last edited by KSTDART on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Possibly one of the worst games of football I have seen us play.

We started okay, creating a few chances and should been 2 up when Allen struck straight at the keeper from a one on one. After those two chances came inside the first 10 minutes aside from a free kick in the 2nd half hitting the bar I can't remember us actually creating anything of note.

We seemed to just let them play out from the back and they came to our home and played exactly how they wanted to, we made it easy for them Pierre was the only one pressing and even when Dan came on he didn't help on that regard.

Our subs weren't game changers, Sam did well when he came on but Murtagh and Dan were both poor imo.

The refereeing was poor, yes however we cannot use that as an excuse as even with a good ref we would've still lost the game, we were nowhere near good enough.

We should forget about any kind of title push now as with performances like that we will be lucky to get near the playoffs.

As for MOTM, Campbell was the only one that I can justify giving it to. Solid performance and very unlucky with his free kick.

The confidence I had after Cheshunt is slowly going away.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Really poor today.We are quite solid but so lacking in imagination going forward .Kristian was our best player today but I don't understand the switch to right mid..and Sam to left back...they can both do ok on those positions but it's not their best position .Will stick with it as always as Dowse has a great track record and im sure he will turn it round. Having said that morale is low on and off the pitch and we need a pock me up at hemel monday.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

First game for me this year. Quite enjoyed the first half, second half the time wasting and play acting of the Worthing team was embarrassing, still it was their tactics that worked, frustrated us and eventually grabbed the winner as we were all over the place, and lacking the ability / will to keep going. Couple of moments in the game when we should have made it 2 to kill the game off, make the right pass for the team please guys.

Rose tinter or not, I think we will be ok if some of the group can improve on fitness a bit.

BNW ,- Up the Darts
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'm gonna post bit by bit and not let emotions take over straight after the game.

MOTM - Kristian Campbell. The only player in our entire squad who appears to have enough pace to get past an opponent.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Just because I'm a rose tinter doesn't mean I can't recognise a crap performance when I see one. Apart from the first 20 mins we were awful.
Tall Dart says we'll be "OK" but I don't want us to be OK, I expect us to be challenging. Dowse seems a great guy and I'm very happy with all the off the field positivity, but hand on heart, I'm one of the massive majority who aren't too bothered about having a pint with the players, we just want to win football matches. Personally I have been very disappointed with the recruitment and I am fearful of what is ahead. I was pleasantly surprised when we won our first two games but as much as I'm hoping to be proven wrong, I think the current squad is mid-table at best. Of course, I could be wrong like last year when I thought Maidstone had a crap squad and Hayrettin was a dinosaur. Dowse has a proven track record and as a dedicated fan I will back him to the hilt, but if you want me to br honest I am very worried.

MOTM Campbell by a country mile.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Poor performance from the team and officials and blatant cheating from Worthing but no excuse we are not good enough full stop.

Three defeats on the trot now and need to turn it round quickly it has the feel of the Flanagan and Coyle regime just two points of relegation zone, crowds are dwindling and all the hard work of the last few seasons is disappearing, it would not have happened under Kingy and I know I will get stick from that comment but don’t worry “ we have our club back” at this rate it will be back to the league below

Still I be there Monday supporting the club as usual.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:26 pm

To be fair, he was being kind for once. Play like with any kind of regularity and we’ll be lucky to stay up!

I don’t care how negative people are they have a right to be, I am not giving my opinion yet because I’m so angry but my negative opinion will be based on the crap I’ve seen not because I am just negative every time regardless. So I’ve no problem with any criticism of the side and even managers performance if you’ve seen it. Also I’ve been extremely positive in most of my posts. He may be right but we all know he can’t wait when we’re shite and to hell if he’s actually seen us.
Last edited by KentC. on Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Have to agree with the other disappointed posters .first half was average but we were very poor in the 2nd half .
I hope that Dowse can sort it out because losing is one thing but the way we lost today was shambolic.
Sleightly Deceptive

KentC. wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:40 pm

I don’t care how negative people are they have a right to be, I am not giving my opinion yet because I’m so angry but my negative opinion will be based on the crap I’ve seen not because I am just negative every time regardless. So I’ve no problem with any criticism of the side and even managers performance if you’ve seen it. Also I’ve been extremely positive in most of my posts. He may be right but we all know he can’t wait when we’re shite and to hell if he’s actually seen us.
Yep. True dat. I was just kinda saying that he was ‘right’ for once. 😂
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:43 pm
KentC. wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:40 pm

Yep. True dat. I was just kinda saying that he was ‘right’ for once. 😂

I see your point
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

I'll be honest. That was the first league game I've got to this season and was left rather concerned by some in the squad. Wall looked extremely poor. Didn't want to compete at all and was just trying to look like he was getting fouled. He certainly isn't the answer for a promotion push.

Samir doesn't do enough. A player of his class needs to control games at this level better. Allen didn't look like he knew where he was trying to pass the ball.

But overall the vast majority looked either disinterested or really poor. We can get better and it's not a disaster of a season as yet, but we need to end this poor run ASAP.

One positive was that Campbell played well. Looked sharp on both sides of the pitch and caused their full backs problems.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Think I’ve been blocked 😂😂😂
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Dowse interview live now “ what was the score ? Where’s the bar? This is the best squad I’ve ever assembled, whose in it , shots for everyone 😂😂😂😂😂
Sleightly Deceptive

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:16 pm Dowse interview live now “ what was the score ? Where’s the bar? This is the best squad I’ve ever assembled, whose in it , shots for everyone 😂😂😂😂😂
You missed, “let’s do a karaoke!” 😆
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

How very disappointing that was today!
Yes, crap match officials….again!
Cheating opposition? I’d call it gamesmanship and setting your stall out to get a result away. We contrived to hand a win to them!
I’m not going to call individual players out but the squad isn’t good enough. I stand by my comments during pre-season.
Frankly, today wasn’t good enough. Has to improve or folk will stop coming to watch.
Agree with all the comments about Kristian Campbell. Hands down our MoM and gets my vote too. Class all day especially going forward. Some excellent touches and turn of pace - unfortunately mugged by Worthings antics and poor officiating.
Nobody can be happy with that Dartford performance today, sorry!
Onto Monday. COYDs
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:16 pm Dowse interview live now “ what was the score ? Where’s the bar? This is the best squad I’ve ever assembled, whose in it , shots for everyone 😂😂😂😂😂
You pissed again, and it’s only 7.20pm?