Alex Wall (Sub)
6%
Kristian Campbell (Sub)
6%

Total votes: 18

DA Mikey

Re: Taunton Town v Dartford Sat 20 Aug 2022

Post by DA Mikey »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:25 pm Watching the highlights it does seem that we pressed the self destruct button Saturday. :o
Yeah, it felt less one-sided on the day than the (home side’s) highlights showed.
Still, it seems a matter of time before we score from the halfway line, so that’ll be nice.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

The Duke wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:32 pm Having seen the highlights I thought we played some good stuff and no need for major alarm bells as surely two very experienced [ quality] players like Bonner and Murtagh cannot possibly repeat their obvious f... ups for the goals !!!!!!!
Just watched the highlights and thought the exact same thing. Not going to get too reactionary after one poor performance as surely that can't happen again!

I would agree with Dowse/others in that we maybe need a bit more in the midfield. Plenty of time to sort and not going to panic after 4 games.

Bounce back against Worthing on Saturday and we'll be back in a good position.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Mark Sweet wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:42 pm
The Duke wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:32 pm Having seen the highlights I thought we played some good stuff and no need for major alarm bells as surely two very experienced [ quality] players like Bonner and Murtagh cannot possibly repeat their obvious f... ups for the goals !!!!!!!
Just watched the highlights and thought the exact same thing. Not going to get too reactionary after one poor performance as surely that can't happen again!

I would agree with Dowse/others in that we maybe need a bit more in the midfield. Plenty of time to sort and not going to panic after 4 games.

Worthing will not be an easy game, I have heard that Jake Robinson could be out for six months after doing his ACL which is a shame for him if that is the case!

There is no easy games in this league and if anyone thinks there is they are deluded, just need to get to winning ways, nice to hear we could have some fresh players in for the weekend.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:05 am

Worthing will not be an easy game, I have heard that Jake Robinson could be out for six months after doing his ACL which is a shame for him if that is the case!

There is no easy games in this league and if anyone thinks there is they are deluded, just need to get to winning ways, nice to hear we could have some fresh players in for the weekend.
Spot on. Taunton was supposed to be an ‘easy’ target. I think I recall someone saying Worthing would be one too. Dangerous to think this and very daft to ‘say it out loud.’
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:05 am

Definitely not, if it came across like I expect it to be an easy game then that is far from the case. Worthing will be a very tough opposition for anyone this season, my point was that for our season if we can bounce back against tough opposition like Worthing, then the Taunton result will soon be forgotten.