Re: Taunton Town v Dartford Sat 20 Aug 2022

Post by Park Life »

2-1 Taunton
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

2-1 Murtagh own goal 😳🤦‍♂️

Dropped to 10th
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Campbell for Wynter
Last edited by Park Life on Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 2-1 Taunton.
I'll keep quiet for the time being.....
Last edited by Park Life on Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 5th Searcher

FT 2-1 defeat

Listening to the commentary it sounds like we threw the game away and Taunton were the stronger side with the better chances.

I think Dowse needs to have a bit of a shake up and a rethink.

Only good thing about today is that Maidstone got battered 5-0 away to Wrexham.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:59 pm Only good thing about today is that Maidstone got battered 5-0 away to Wrexham.
I wish we were getting battered 5-0 away to Wrexham rather than losing 2-1 away to Taunton.

I’ll leave it before I comment on the game.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:41 pm 2-1 Murtagh own goal 😳🤦‍♂️

Dropped to 10th
10th don’t lie. Mid table form. If Dowse thinks Wall is the answer, he’s got a serious f’kin rude awakening coming. Throwing him on means we’ve run out of clues. You’re right, a bloody hard rethink and shake-up is required.
Spike

Post by Spike »

We were awful today and the bad luck we had on Tuesday was well and truly balanced out by us somehow getting a 1-0 lead at the break. We gave the ball away so often and so freely it was easily the worst we've played this season. Ironically, we were slightly better in the second half but still looking vulnerable and whilst Taunton weren't actually good enough to deserve the win, it came as no great surprise when they snatched it. Very disappointing performance and result.
Last edited by Spike on Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Cheshunt were (incorrectly) labelled the whipping boys last weekend. Well, ladies and gentlemen, today we got done over by the whipping boys. Defeat snatched well and truly from the jaws of victory.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Obviously people are not happy today. We can't say we should really have got something from this game. but the opening signings in the Summer didn't exactly set things alight for me. It was only the signings of Carruthers, Coulson, Rodari and Fonkeu that sparked interest. But it is what it is, no depth in squad and probably a long season ahead.
Can't comment on today's game. But at 1-0 half time I was hopeful of getting a response to the defeat midweek which I thought was a fair game for us and we were unlucky. But alas, not to be. :cry:
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Well rye bright spark who said they are the whipping boys got his reward today, comments like that are put up on the dressing room wall and makes Dartford sound BBS.

Disappointed but far from throwing the towel in. I would of had a day out in Taunton today but the greedy train people put paid to that.

I got 1% this year by the way!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Please keep up , I know reading can be difficult, I said chestnut were the whipping boys not Taunton, if u had friends u might if got a lift and hear there was a coach.I’m glad u got 1 per cent rise , if u look at what train drivers, nurses , postman are getting offered is a rise as long as they take a drop in hours etc , meaning a loss, I’m glad u got 1 per cent, happy days for u
The 5th Searcher

Fair play to Dowse he said he can see where we’ve got problems and he can also see those players who are interested or trying and if that’s the case he will look elsewhere and those players could find themselves the door.
Some of the players are pushing towards 30yrs old and are may be a bit past it as they haven’t got the legs and if that’s the case he may have to go with younger players or look to bring in some younger players.

It’s time for the players to buck their idea’s up and step up to the plate or they’ll be out.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Said for a while need a bradders or noble type of player in midfield not 1s after a final pay packet that think I've played football league I'm the best I'm afraid Sam's got found out at full back every attack they attacked him players of the bench today dan was full of running if supply was better who knows 1st half looked comfortable nice chat with dowse b4 the game he knows wat he wants let's hope he gets what he wants
Up the darts
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

There is no need to panic just yet, this is our first poor performance of the season. Let's face it, last year we had 5 months of bad performances after that Sudbury match. This season was always going to be a challenge as we are several weeks behind the curve of most teams with the change of management, plus a reduced playing budget. Again, I didn't want to see SK go but after speaking with people within the club, it was the correct call. Sadly, there are couple on here who cannot accept the decision that SK has gone and you can almost detect it from the content and nature of their posts, they seemed to want the new management team to fail.

Anyhoot, hear is a little number from our dearly departed wine drinker! You guessed it...its Pimm's O' Clock. Enjoy!

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I didnt go today so have no opinions on the match but of course I am disappointed with the results and hearing Dowse's comments about some of the players , it is early days but best strike early to correct rather than dithering about doing nothing
IT would seem that we will see at least a couple of " ball winners " coming in which can only improve the team cause the creativity with players like Caruthers and Coulson are producing the quality but need the support !!!

Will be at Worthing game next saturday expecting to see improvement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jonty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:42 pm This season was always going to be a challenge as we are several weeks behind the curve of most teams with the change of management, plus a reduced playing budget.
Jonty me old mate, agree we have a fair bit of catching up to do but hope it's sooner rather than later because today we were..............not very good.

As for the budget, i would check with your sources and i will do the same but i'm pretty sure you couldn't be any further form the truth.

Listened to Dowses interview again and you cant say he's anything less than honest.
However, perhaps an interview right after the final whistle is not always the best time after a performance like today's as i think a lot of this should only be said behind closed doors.
Which is why i will wait until i comment on today's game.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Told today's attendance was 743 for those interested.