Total votes: 31

BRASSNECK

Re: Dartford v Havant & Waterlooville Tue 16 Aug 2022

Post by BRASSNECK »

1-1 Rodari
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Havant went 1 up through Pryor after about 7 mins.
Rodari equalises to make it 1 all after 27 mins.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 1-1.
Havant started well but we gradually worked our way back into the game and edged the first 45 mins
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1-2.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Attendance 979
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Wall for Rodari
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Roberts for Murtagh
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-2, very unlucky to lose that.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

The ref was shocking in pre season game and tonight 10 times worse she had no control of the game foul on samir or coulsen was shocking a straight red but nope yellow
We was by far better team and there time wasting was up to scratch with there tactics awful
rambo

Post by rambo »

Gave away an first goal , prior came to the far post unchallenged. We worked really hard to get back in the game , got a good goal and we shaded the first half . Used a lot of energy in the first half snd I feared we would struggle in the second. We only got in their half sporadically . Should have made dubs 15 minutes earlier
It’s hard playing against full timers and I may be right in saying only Havant and ebbsfleet are full time in this league so we should have no fear when playing mist teams
As for the ref, rubbish , if she wants to be at this level she better learn the difference between gbh and a tackle. She was indeed rubbish and players could have got badly hurt tonight
The linos were trash snd offered her no help at all
rambo

Post by rambo »

rambo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:45 pm Gave away an first goal , prior came to the far post unchallenged. We worked really hard to get back in the game , got a good goal and we shaded the first half . Used a lot of energy in the first half snd I feared we would struggle in the second. We only got in their half sporadically . Should have made subs 15 minutes earlier
It’s hard playing against full timers and I may be right in saying only Havant and ebbsfleet are full time in this league so we should have no fear when playing mist teams
As for the ref, rubbish , if she wants to be at this level she better learn the difference between gbh and a tackle. She was indeed rubbish and players could have got badly hurt tonight
The linos were trash snd offered her no help at all
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Bkev180 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 pm The ref was shocking in pre season game and tonight 10 times worse she had no control of the game foul on samir or coulsen was shocking a straight red but nope yellow
We was by far better team and there time wasting was up to scratch with there tactics awful
Agree about the ref. It took me several minutes to realise we'd got a lady, but I soon twigged 'coz she'd obviously got no balls either literally or figuratively with so many of her (non-)decisions. Worner (GK) should have been booked for time-wasting as early as the first half. And as for the play-acting...

Even so, I don't agree we should've won/were the better team. I thought H&W deserved the 3 points. They wanted it more and their defence was very well drilled: quick to get back in numbers and quick on the break, giving us little time on the ball. And it would have to be Jason Prior who scored the first goal, wouldn't it? I'd like to see the replay: all the players seemed to stop and wait to see where the ball was going to finish up.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m wondering if I was watching the same game. I thought we were deservedly well beaten by a far better, quicker and organised side. Not many will beat them this season. We played very well for last twenty of the first half and then ran out of steam with a constant loss of possession and misplaced passing. When Wall came on, which side was he playing for? A very strange substitution indeed. Roberts needs more game time in my humble opinion though I did like the look of Rodari and he scored a cracking header. The ref? Hmmm, I could ‘see’ she was trying to be ‘nice’ but she overcompensated the new ‘contact’ guidelines and let too much go which created a problem for her. I’m surprised players were not hurt. I think she was a little out of her depth. But she was not the problem of our defeat. Not the Fortress Princes Park then - but not many will do us over here. The final nail in the coffin was Webbed Feet’s two goals in the last five mins to take all three points at Eastbourne. Anyhoo seven points from the next three for us will do just nicely! Onwards and upwards. Only a glitch.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Havant started the better and got the early goal with a ball to the unmarked Pryor at the far post.
We played well and got ourselves back into the game and deservedly got the equaliser and definitely edged the first half.

I thought we started the second half well enough and had plenty of possession but didn't create many clear cut chances.
Unfortunately Havant took the lead with another ball to the far post which was headed back across goal and finished from close range. This seemed to unsettle us but after a while got back into it and had an excellent chance to grab the equaliser late in the game but unfortunately we didn't convert.

Havant look a good well organised side but felt we were worth at least a draw but needed to take advantage in the periods of the game we were on top.

Decent game against one of the title favourites imo but will look back on this game as one we shouldn't have lost.

Some promising signs so far and a pretty decent return from three games but i feel we need a bit more depth to the squad and a few more quality options going forward, especially when we play the top sides.

MOTM between Samir and Allen with Allen getting my vote.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Deserved a point a least . Thought their first goal looked offside ? but with the linesman five yards behind the play he was never going to flag , whereas the lino on the other side couldn’t keep his flag down ? I don’t usually moan about the officiating but the ref was very poor , and that’s being generous . The game itself was feisty at times without ever being a dirty game , apart from a nasty tackle on Carruthers which could of been a sending off any other day ? H&W are a good team and I expect them to be up there at the end of season , they are a physical side with many a 6ft plus in their team , but we more than matched them for effort and skill apart from the first 15 minutes when we struggled to get a foothold , but once we got into our rhythm we outplayed them for the rest of the first half and we’re unlucky not to go in ahead at HT ? I thought we did ok second half without really threatening their keeper and it felt inevitable they would score again from one of the many corners they had on the second half , but we should of snatched an equaliser at the death when Luke was put through with only the keeper to beat but he fluffed his lines and put it over and the best chance of the second half had been wasted . Hope now for a bounce back at Taunton on Saturday and hopefully another three points on the road . COYD
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lots to unpack after that one tonight:

Dartford should have been awarded a penalty around the 35 minute for a foul in the corner of the box. I’m quite sure H&W would have claimed a very soft decision, but it was a clear foul and would have been given as such anywhere else on the pitch.

Coulson was very unlucky at 0-1 to see his 50 yard effort sail a couple of yards wide, following a poor clearance by Worner. It was sweetly hit and looked to be going in all the way.

The studs-in challenge which prompted the melee in which one of our players was charged over may well have been worthy of a red, in fact the yellow card brandished five minutes later was an insult to continuity.

Finally, Luke Allen will have to endure another sleepless night after his miss with just a couple of minutes remaining. It looked like he tried to softly scoop his shot over the onrushing keeper, but put too much on it and scuppered an absolutely golden chance. It was a real shame as he’d had a decent game and a draw would have been the right outcome on balance.

H&W are a strong side and will surely have a better season than last term, but they had the rub of the green tonight in light of the above points and also a goal line clearance following our corner just before half time. But they have Jason Prior, the Dartford destroyer, so we will generally need to outscore him in order to get any points.

No need for heads to go down after tonight - it was an exciting, hard fought game between two good sides and I believe that we have the quality to bounce back strongly on Saturday at Taunton.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Very good interview from Dowse:-

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Good first half once we settled into the game. Sadly Havant took control of the second half and got the decisive goal.

Yes, dot on red card for me for their lads foul on Coulson? Reckless, over the ball, late.

Unfortunate Luke missed that late chance. The draw would have been a good result for us but let’s not get carried away as we’ve played well these first three games and have shown we will be up there come next April.

Haven’t listened to Dowses post- match interview yet but what I like is that after the first two wins he’s let his coaching staff do the interview. After defeat he’s taken responsibility.

Onwards and upwards. COYDs.
Ronnyboy

Post by Ronnyboy »

Tony H wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:02 am Good first half once we settled into the game. Sadly Havant took control of the second half and got the decisive goal.

Yes, dot on red card for me for their lads foul on Coulson? Reckless, over the ball, late.

Unfortunate Luke missed that late chance. The draw would have been a good result for us but let’s not get carried away as we’ve played well these first three games and have shown we will be up there come next April.

Haven’t listened to Dowses post- match interview yet but what I like is that after the first two wins he’s let his coaching staff do the interview. After defeat he’s taken responsibility.

Onwards and upwards. COYDs.
Unlike Maidstone manager who after taking all the credit on Saturday sent his assistant out last night!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Let's hope we bounce back on Saturday and doesn't turn into a catalyst that ruined last season!