NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

M1 South

Re: NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

Post by M1 South »

Far easier to understand the written as opposed to spoken word!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

N LP sold out at Tesco s , can anybody copy of at least give gist of what Dowse was saying !!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Quote .I am delighted to get back in.There were a lit if jobs that xame up that I didn't fancy at all. But this one I really do.Theres potential to do well the club is in a stable place the supporters are brilliant .
It's not going to hecan overnight thong.Well have to workhard at it.But if I didn't think I could get them promoted I wouldn't go.
The last few years they've done very very well.Steve King has done a great job down there The bottom line is you can't go there thinking you'll go backwards.Yes it will be tough but if I didn't think I could have a Crack at it then I wouldn't take it.
The structure they've git down there is very good.As always I will want to meet sponsors, meet schools and different people help with fundraising..all the things I've done at other clubs

And much more!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thanks KK , Genuine guy , I really do want him to do well at the Darts and I think he will !!!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Continued...

The first thing I will do Monday morning is go to the club shop because I want to get the dartford stuff on ad quick as possible. Once I've got it on I won't be out of it.I am really excited. I am itching to manage a football club again. I am delighted they have chosen me.
It's a great club with great facilities. We believe we should be in a higher keague so uts up to me to do that.
It's not just going to be down to me or the players it needs everyone to join in.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The Duke wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:56 pm Thanks KK , Genuine guy , I really do want him to do well at the Darts and I think he will !!!!!
No worries..and seconded!
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

Confirmed today that Alan Dowson will be at the Community Fun Day on Sunday 12th June, PP 10am-2pm.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

When I read the NLP I didn't understand the headline and wondered what they were on about.
Dressed for mope success!!! Was that a Geordie wording? Have I missed something?
Bloody media, I thought. Even teletext had put the scoreline up on the Solihull Moors/Grimsby game as 2-1 to SM's.
And then I saw what was up Dowse's sleeve. :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Very good article in Kentonline today re Tom Bonner , seems that Dowse is also very keen to get the Players closer to the fans incl in the Bar after the game [ did Kingy do that ???? ] either way its sending out the right message to the fans !!!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just watched Dowse,s 1st official Darts interview on DFC Twitter 12minutes long - DONT MISS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

The Duke wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:08 pm Just watched Dowse,s 1st official Darts interview on DFC Twitter 12minutes long - DONT MISS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy because he has SkySports in his office!

Oh it’s the simple things in life😂😂😂
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Makes a change to have a manager with a sense of humour.

Spike

Post by Spike »

Great interview. Talk about polar opposites! Kingy and Dowse are a million miles apart when it comes to club ethos. Personally, I thought King did a decent job and the only problem I had with him was the lack of continuity on the pitch, but there's no denying he divided opinion and his style didn't fit with a great many people's idea of how our club should be run. Let's be honest, his dismissal had absolutely nothing to do with football and was entirely down to his philosophy being incompatible with the club's. But whatever side of the divide you are on, there's no doubting that there is a divide. Dowse's first job is to bring the club back together.
He would appear to be doing that already and his determination to engage with the community plus his impressive track record suggest he will appeal to everyone. He would seem to be a perfect fit for our club and I am very excited about what's to come.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

An excellent first interview from Dowse and he is making it very clear as to his aspirations about bringing everybody in the club pursuing the same aims together.

He may be starting the season later, but as he says, he will be putting in the extra hours to catch up, because that is what is needed. I'm quite sure he will have a decent squad together by the time the season opens.

Excellent post from you Spike!! Sums it all up tidily.

COYD
Dartford Hammer

Post by Dartford Hammer »

Great interview and could have listened to him speaking about his plans for the club etc for a lot longer! 👍🏻
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Breath of fresh air!
Dowse obviously wants to be a big part of the club not just the team.
Genuine guy and very positive .
I like his attitude and he is obviously approachable.
Roll on the new season.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I wasn't carried away when it was announced That Dowse had the job, but looking at the interview I thought he had a great attitude and a great sense of humour. I hope that everything goes well for him and us next season. It'll be interesting.
I was one of the King 'likers' but I did feel he lost his way when it mattered last season.
Welcome to our club Alan. You'll have my support.
RogerChapman

Post by RogerChapman »

Met A D today when getting my new season ticket.
Like what he had to say and what he wants to do at PP.
Top man, want to wish him and the team a good season.
COYDs