Steve King

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Steve King

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I've still haven't quite got over what must be the worst penalty shoot out I've ever seen in the play off final versus Weymouth.
All 3 off target. All 3 over the bar. By the time the third penalty taker stepped up surely you would have thought he'd be atleast thinking whatever I do just keep my bloody head down and keep it low.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

MickW wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:11 pm I can totally understand that fans are disappointed at losing a manager that has been successful, what I can't understand is the sniping at our board when all the facts aren't available to us. We have a board that showed its ambition by appointing Steve King in the first place, has it suddenly lost that ambition? Of course not.
Something has happened that is serious enough to make the board change course, what that is we may never know, though I suspect the reason will out in due course.
In the meantime we have a club with an amazing set up which will prove attractive to many talented managers Steve King is no more so let's be grateful for what he gave us and look forward together to a new era.
COYDs
Mick your comments are your views fair enough. But
the reasons for his dismissal are in the Boards statement. They waited 24 hours to declare some desperate nonsense that i hope the paying people will not except. This forum is just a few people. So its rubbish to go on here. Word of mouth is powerful.
Keep believing Mick you keep believing. Change course no. They are out of their depth. Dustmen by day Directors by night. Sorry i exclude some great members of the board but theyre some bad two faced people Running it for themselves and their friends
Last edited by DFCTALK on Sat May 28, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:50 pm No one is bigger than this club and that’s what makes us who we are. Thankfully we have a board full of, ‘common sense, Dartford FC through and through’ members. I have 100% confidence that they’ll ‘do it again’ and come up with a ‘name’ manager/coach. And on we go. We might, of course, have ‘found our level’ and this is what we can come to expect going forward. Especially whilst we are a
part-time club. That, of course, is the subject of another current discussion. The likes of Webbed Feet et al, may see promotion success and highly likely to come straight back down. There is a massive gulf now between the National League and it’s regional subdivisions. There didn’t use to be. Well, not as much.
Therein lay all the arguments. Some have confidence in the board some dont, i do in some of the board. Its a split decision if they reveal the truth not unanimous. Thats fair enough. As for the Ebbsfleet man speak to people at your own club. You will find out more without speculation from your goodself
sbarker

Post by sbarker »

sbarker wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:04 pm
The link that I posted was clearly from the "National League South Forum". Yes, it appeared on the Ebbsfleet forum by poster "Mick Bowra", who also supplied the link from the National League South Forum. Here is the link again:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/confere ... t1857.html
It has SFA to do with the Ebbsfleet forum.

That said "johndfc1" that posted it said he's the tannoy announcer at DFC.
Yes I know this has got nowt to do with Steve King (like the majority of posts in this thread), but I think it's funny (not ha ha) that the "Dartford tannoy announcer" said the above, but then we find that DFC are looking for a new one:

Dave T

Post by Dave T »

DFCTALK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:40 am Now ok ive spouted enough......
For once I have to agree with something you have said on this forum.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

sbarker wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:59 am
The link that I posted was clearly from the "National League South Forum". Yes, it appeared on the Ebbsfleet forum by poster "Mick Bowra", who also supplied the link from the National League South Forum. Here is the link again:

Yes I know this has got nowt to do with Steve King (like the majority of posts in this thread), but I think it's funny (not ha ha) that the "Dartford tannoy announcer" said the above, but then we find that DFC are looking for a new one:

I think it’s more a case of Gary Clarke possibly not doing it anymore as he’s got other priorities now and it’s a replacement for him rather than anything else. Also I think the advert was released before any comment was made or even the announcement regarding Steve King.
Apologies Gary if that’s wrong.
V184

Post by V184 »

He had these ideas on making the club professional or at least how he thought that worked. This involved withdrawing any social interaction between the players and supporters, not allowing players to enter the bar after the game. Simply driving a wedge in the club. For someone like me with 50 years of supporting the club I can’t remember ever feeling such a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes and I am just hoping to finally get my club back.

If thats the case :roll: surely they would have known weeks ago his fate and had someone ready to take over which isnt the case, more likely somethings been uncovered :shock: hence his sudden departure as per his previous clubs :lol:
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

V184 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:10 pm He had these ideas on making the club professional or at least how he thought that worked. This involved withdrawing any social interaction between the players and supporters, not allowing players to enter the bar after the game. Simply driving a wedge in the club. For someone like me with 50 years of supporting the club I can’t remember ever feeling such a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes and I am just hoping to finally get my club back.

If thats the case :roll: surely they would have known weeks ago his fate and had someone ready to take over which isnt the case, more likely somethings been uncovered :shock: hence his sudden departure as per his previous clubs :lol:
Supposition - Very quiet at Stonehenge is it ?
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:27 pm
sbarker wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:59 am

I think it’s more a case of Gary Clarke possibly not doing it anymore as he’s got other priorities now and it’s a replacement for him rather than anything else. Also I think the advert was released before any comment was made or even the announcement regarding Steve King.
Apologies Gary if that’s wrong.
No, that's about right. I gave my notice a few months back as I have other things going on that mean I cant give the same commitment as I have for a long while, but will still be doing DFCSA things on matchdays (raffle, 50/50 etc) or helping out in other ways. That post, by the way, wasn't me.
V184

Post by V184 »

Number Six wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:22 pm
V184 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:10 pm He had these ideas on making the club professional or at least how he thought that worked. This involved withdrawing any social interaction between the players and supporters, not allowing players to enter the bar after the game. Simply driving a wedge in the club. For someone like me with 50 years of supporting the club I can’t remember ever feeling such a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes and I am just hoping to finally get my club back.

Signing expected very soon, you might know him :lol:
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

V184 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:32 pm

Please go away, you are becoming very tedious.

Thanks.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Dave T wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:36 pm
V184 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:32 pm

Please go away, you are becoming very tedious.

Thanks.
And no doubt probably known as Billy No Mates at Stonebridge Road.