Steve King

DFCTALK

Re: Steve King

Post by DFCTALK »

DA1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:31 pm
Jonty wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 pm do have a preference, he is someone who used to teach maths at my son's grammar school in Maidstone, he has also won this division 3 times with 2 different teams and has also managed to get a team into the playoffs at National level.
Any guesses from anyone?
Be better off with Roy Kinnear (joke by the way)
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Steve King has gone so I have no interest in discussing WHY as there is no point [ he wont be re-instated !!] , ALL I want is for the Board to engage a quality Manager who is capable of winning us Promotion to the National Premier

Now looking forward to the new season !!!!!!

nb Kebabus's post sums it up for me and I believe many other Dart fans
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes ,we move on.
Many thanks Steve but I too was not going to renew my season ticket because of all the personel changes.
Burman, Taylor , Still and Ernie Morgan all DFC managers who won trophy' and league titles ,they all did it with squads of 20ish
I wish Kingy well but 45 Plus players is ridiculous.
COYDssss
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

The Duke wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 pm Steve King has gone so I have no interest in discussing WHY as there is no point [ he wont be re-instated !!] , ALL I want is for the Board to engage a quality Manager who is capable of winning us Promotion to the National Premier

Now looking forward to the new season !!!!!!

nb Kebabus's post sums it up for me and I believe many other Dart fans
Sorry it is a thread titled Steve King whilst you may have no interest, it is relevent to the thread. Although you mention Kebabus i notice that he on twitter is asking for Hessenthaler. This was the man i once said to a board member who carries some weight (within the powers on the board not otherwise umm) who described him to me as a dinosaur so i think that one can be safely ruled out.
Last edited by DFCTALK on Thu May 26, 2022 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Babylon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:05 am Yes ,we move on.
Many thanks Steve but I too was not going to renew my season ticket because of all the personel changes.
Burman, Taylor , Still and Ernie Morgan all DFC managers who won trophy' and league titles ,they all did it with squads of 20ish
I wish Kingy well but 45 Plus players is ridiculous.
COYDssss
Please dont mention John Still when it comes to praise of winning this and that within the boundaries of doing it under normal footballing management. In this case you highlight using a small squad. That man was culpable along with Maidstone united of almost pushing this club out of existence due to not playing by financial fair play as we call it now. Although Brian, Boyle and co were huge players in those affairs as well.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

A disgraceful post has just been put on the Ebbsfleet Forum. A total disgrace. Just depends what nose goes where. You say jump sir i say how high. Some people been very hurt at the club in recent times. Some really sad people about who simply cast other peoples views aside if they dare contradict theres. Freedom of free speech dont make me laugh.
Last edited by DFCTALK on Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

DFCTALK wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:00 am A disgraceful post has just been put on the Ebbsfleet Forum. A total disgrace. Just depends what nose goes where. You say jump sir i say how high. Some people been very hurt at the club in recent times. Some really sad people about who simply cast other peoples views aside if they dare contradict theres. Fredom of free speech dont make me laugh.
P.s from a poster that stood in the club bar and made a possible libel statement saying steve King organised mortgages for players. To several people

Why care what they think.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

KentC. wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 am
DFCTALK wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:00 am A disgraceful post has just been put on the Ebbsfleet Forum. A total disgrace. Just depends what nose goes where. You say jump sir i say how high. Some people been very hurt at the club in recent times. Some really sad people about who simply cast other peoples views aside if they dare contradict theres. Fredom of free speech dont make me laugh.
P.s from a poster that stood in the club bar and made a possible libel statement saying steve King organised mortgages for players. To several people

Why care what they think.
Its from a Dartford worker
sbarker

Post by sbarker »

This must be the post:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/confere ... t1857.html

11:20 PM - 1 day ago#1

Thought I may just post a reaction to Steve King perhaps surprising departure from Dartford overnight. I think I can firstly assure you that it was nothing to do with results on the pitch or any financial irregularities I.e overspending.
I am only a supporter/ tannoy announcer and can simply comment on my observations since he took over the helm of the club. In a nutshell from the very beginning, he simply failed to understand or care about the importance of the community and supporters to a club at this level. Very quickly he offended the organisers of a community scheme that brought young children to the stadium on match days. They withdrew their support immediately.

He had these ideas on making the club professional or at least how he thought that worked. This involved withdrawing any social interaction between the players and supporters, not allowing players to enter the bar after the game. Simply driving a wedge in the club. For someone like me with 50 years of supporting the club I can’t remember ever feeling such a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes and I am just hoping to finally get my club back.

We had 11 pages of supporters reactions by mid morning on the club forum and it’s fair to say the reactions were mixed. A number of King brown noses predictably blamed the board, but the majority were just taken by surprise. I guess it’s going to be a bumpy few weeks until a new appointment, but I hope the new person works with the whole club, including a fantastic academy which was completely ignored by Steve King. It may not bring any immediate rewards ,but like I said I just want my club back.

Thank you for your attention.
---------------
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

sbarker wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 am This must be the post:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/confere ... t1857.html

11:20 PM - 1 day ago#1

Thought I may just post a reaction to Steve King perhaps surprising departure from Dartford overnight. I think I can firstly assure you that it was nothing to do with results on the pitch or any financial irregularities I.e overspending.
I am only a supporter/ tannoy announcer and can simply comment on my observations since he took over the helm of the club. In a nutshell from the very beginning, he simply failed to understand or care about the importance of the community and supporters to a club at this level. Very quickly he offended the organisers of a community scheme that brought young children to the stadium on match days. They withdrew their support immediately.

He had these ideas on making the club professional or at least how he thought that worked. This involved withdrawing any social interaction between the players and supporters, not allowing players to enter the bar after the game. Simply driving a wedge in the club. For someone like me with 50 years of supporting the club I can’t remember ever feeling such a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes and I am just hoping to finally get my club back.

We had 11 pages of supporters reactions by mid morning on the club forum and it’s fair to say the reactions were mixed. A number of King brown noses predictably blamed the board, but the majority were just taken by surprise. I guess it’s going to be a bumpy few weeks until a new appointment, but I hope the new person works with the whole club, including a fantastic academy which was completely ignored by Steve King. It may not bring any immediate rewards ,but like I said I just want my club back.

Thank you for your attention.
---------------
This is a disgrace. Someone list me the players from the academy over the last 15 years that have gone on to bigger things. If you.mention Eboue adams dont forget we sold him almost immediately beause of our early exit in the fa cup to.... was it uxbridge. If there is an endless conveyor belt of names i will stand corrected and apolgise. Im not sure what players i must have been talking to in the bar after games then ? Definitely had Dartford kits on
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I would definitely advise that if posts / forums / people incense, then best to simply ignore. Facebook and Twitter would almost certainly wind me up, so I don’t touch them with a barge pole.

It’s a wife’s job to keep friends close and enemies closer :P
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

if the poster from the Ebbsfleet forum is to be believed and he says it was like it from the start, then why did the club offer Kingy and new contract before the start of last season?

Also if the statement is to be believed about the turnover of players was a reason surely he could not have done without the boards approval and I seem to remember in Kingys interview he always said the board have gave him the ok to get more players in.

I speak to people around the ground and it was obvious from a few supporters some volunteers or employees of the club that Kingy was not liked because he did things in a way that did not suit some of these people and there was a not sure if this is the right word for it campaign on twitter to slag Kingy off at every opportunity well these people got their wishes and he is no longer with the club.

As a Dartford fan for over 47 years I cant remember a time I am so despondent with the club the move to sack Kingy in my opinion shows a lack of ambition and I am really considering not renewing my season ticket this year, I cant see many of the players from last season being with us I might be proved wrong but all this just to please a few people he has upset but what about all the supporters.

Be careful DFC because the others may well vote with there feet and crowds could drop below 1000 mark again
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

What I find totally bewildering about said post is that it hasn’t appeared on any of DFC’s socials yet the individual chose to post those comments on a rival clubs forum 🤔. Beggars belief!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm What I find totally bewildering about said post is that it hasn’t appeared on any of DFC’s socials yet the individual chose to post those comments on a rival clubs forum 🤔. Beggars belief!!
It was not posted on a rivals club forum it was posted on the national league south forum.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

BRASSNECK wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:44 pm
Tony H wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm What I find totally bewildering about said post is that it hasn’t appeared on any of DFC’s socials yet the individual chose to post those comments on a rival clubs forum 🤔. Beggars belief!!
It was not posted on a rivals club forum it was posted on the national league south forum.
Ah, righto, my apologies. Sure I read it had been posted to Ebbsfleet forum. If you the poster then sir surely those remarks might have been made known to your fellow supporters as pertinent.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:56 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:44 pm
Ah, righto, my apologies. Sure I read it had been posted to Ebbsfleet forum. If you the poster then sir surely those remarks might have been made known to your fellow supporters as pertinent.
It was on the ebbsfleet forum but copied from the national south league forum.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Farewell to Steve King and thank you for your service to the club.
I like others am not so concerned about the future and feel that someone else will arrive and strive to take DFC higher and further.
The managers job at Dartford is a huge prize for anyone aspiring to be successful so there will be plenty of talent available to us.
I have absolute faith in this board as it dragged us from the brink, rebuilt the club in a way that favoured supporters rather than owners, and gave all the opportunity to participate in ownership.
I am surprised beyond belief that anyone who called himself/herself a supporter would even dream of not renewing their season ticket because of Mr King's removal. Shame on you.
Who knows what the reason for the sacking was - we do not have a club that fires managers on a whim so I am sure that there was a substantial reason and I am equally sure that we should give the board credit for their decision in the same way as we gave credit when Steve King was appointed.
As supporters we should stick together through thick and thin, ignore conspiracy theories and look forward to the next exciting chapter in our development.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Like others on here I speak to several members of our board.and they are all top people who are DFC through and through .
As far as I am concerned if they were unanimous in the decision to relieve SK of his responsibilities then as a supporter and season ticket holder that is good enough for me.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

If anyone had their doubts about SK on the board then It was the right thing to do. Even to the point had Steve got us up into the National League. The club comes first. I personally liked Steve but didn't like the conveyor belt system of players.
Is it okay to raise our heads above the parapet?
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

If he’s genuine