Steve King

DFCTALK

Re: Steve King

Post by DFCTALK »

V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 pm
V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:44 pm

More a case of a corrupt ref :twisted: (like your ex manager :lol: )
To clarify V184, you are openly stating on a public forum that the referee in your play-off game and our ex-manager (Steve King) are both corrupt.
Obviously, you have the evidence to back that up, if not, this might be of interest.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/enforcem ... mation.htm
Just amended it Spike wouldnt want the forum being shut down :P
Spike why are you bothered about a fleet poster. Right now im worried about a lot worse. Forget him. Hes in your nut and winning obviously
Spike

Post by Spike »

DFCTALK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 pm
Buzz stop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 pm Its no big surprise that SK has gone. We all know that he very rarely if ever stays at any club longer than 2 or 3 seasons usually leaving some sort of stink behind him. He pretty much always brings good times to the playing field whilst upsetting the clubs board members. He has been making a very good living doing it his way for a long time now and he will find a new club with a very robust revolving door soon I'm sure. As they say "The ride was good while it lasted" Dartford FC fans have had something to cheer 3 seasons on the trot. Better than most clubs in the NLS.
He left no stink ! Making a good living ? Hes a genuine football manager. In 3 years he brought nothing than improvement beyond belief. Saved us from a possible relegation. His job then was to keep us in the league. Well he nearly did f that by near promotion. He worked within the given budget so all this going on is ridiculous. For me, what has happened at DFc is nothing less than us having an owner at the helm wielding the axe. Its no different from a sugar daddy ignoring the paying public. I said it before this is a decision made by the few for the few and not the many. Really sad times that i never ever thought i would see in my lifetime but i have. This is dreadful it really is dreadful. But proof in the pudding is in the eating as they say but i praised the board beyond belief when they employed him so i hope that they understand my anger in his dismissal. So i think thats fair. But i really think that the decision is a major, a major step back. Only time will tell, but for me this huge decision means there really is little time. We were on the brink of promotion.
Not guaranteed of course but certainly in with a great shout. I really hope that doesnt change. Otherwise whats the point. Feeding the ducks down the local pond would be more rewarding otherwise. Just an opinion doesnt make me correct of course.
Good luck
To be fair DFCTalk/Arthur/Reg/Paul, if the board had listened to you all along then we'd still have Flanners & Coyle and likely be playing in the North Kent Sunday League by now. I'm sure the board are doing what they think is right and I know it's hard for you as you were quite close to Kingy, but there's no reason why in 6 months from now you won't feel differently and be on here championing the next manager. He's a hard act to follow and there's no guarantees of course, but I'd rather be optimistic than throw my hands in the air and throw the towel in every time something happens that I disagree with. We all have our favourite players and/or managers and for example, I was gutted when Kingy ditched Lee Noble. In my view he was exactly the sort of player we were missing last season and I think he might have made the difference. Nevertheless, I still backed Kingy because he was the manager and I support the CLUB, not the individuals. Ultimately we're ALL supposed to be supporting the club and it's a shame you can't redirect your obvious passionate loyalty towards the club rather than individuals who will inevitably come and go.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

My different names are solely an attempt to get on here.
Tony came up to me in person a few years ago at Wealdstone away and said hey you dont go upsetting people on the forum and laughing. I didnt really know what to make of it. So i went to see him on the monday. We spoke for 20 minutes. A good chat. Hey you don't know what i think of him as a player you really dont. I was then slaughtered for protecting flans and coylie on this same platform for going against the vitriol against the lads. Coyle was stabbed in the back by players/legends he really was. Lets start telling some happenings. They had no chance. Flans yes coylie no. But he is and was a lovely man but no people stabbed him. King was the best choice by far by absoulute far. He moved us on lets leave it at that. But from day 1 no sorry minute 1 he was attacked. For what by people who are bad folk at the club. People have slaughtered him on social media, employees of other clubs, fans at this club and maybe just maybe worse than that. Hey im shutting up great you all say but enough is enough there isnt enough time to go and on. I will be probably signing my death warrant because i dare go against the flow but trust me we were in reaching point of what we all desire. Some will say thats brown nosing lol simply because i differ from their opinion. For me its truth telling. Truth telling used to be called your opinion but thats been removed in these wokey times.

Kingy replaced lee noble with Noor. (Sold by dfc)Wouldn't you have and therein lies the problem i believe so called dfc fans of years wanted them to lose because they didnt like him. Cant prove it but look at some of Carols pictures at Billericay after a brilliant second half performance
Last edited by DFCTALK on Sat May 28, 2022 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:13 pm
DFCTALK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 pm
Buzz stop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 pm Its no big surprise that SK has gone. We all know that he very rarely if ever stays at any club longer than 2 or 3 seasons usually leaving some sort of stink behind him. He pretty much always brings good times to the playing field whilst upsetting the clubs board members. He has been making a very good living doing it his way for a long time now and he will find a new club with a very robust revolving door soon I'm sure. As they say "The ride was good while it lasted" Dartford FC fans have had something to cheer 3 seasons on the trot. Better than most clubs in the NLS.
He left no stink ! Making a good living ? Hes a genuine football manager. In 3 years he brought nothing than improvement beyond belief. Saved us from a possible relegation. His job then was to keep us in the league. Well he nearly did f that by near promotion. He worked within the given budget so all this going on is ridiculous. For me, what has happened at DFc is nothing less than us having an owner at the helm wielding the axe. Its no different from a sugar daddy ignoring the paying public. I said it before this is a decision made by the few for the few and not the many. Really sad times that i never ever thought i would see in my lifetime but i have. This is dreadful it really is dreadful. But proof in the pudding is in the eating as they say but i praised the board beyond belief when they employed him so i hope that they understand my anger in his dismissal. So i think thats fair. But i really think that the decision is a major, a major step back. Only time will tell, but for me this huge decision means there really is little time. We were on the brink of promotion.
Not guaranteed of course but certainly in with a great shout. I really hope that doesnt change. Otherwise whats the point. Feeding the ducks down the local pond would be more rewarding otherwise. Just an opinion doesnt make me correct of course.
Good luck
To be fair DFCTalk/Arthur/Reg/Paul, if the board had listened to you all along then we'd still have Flanners & Coyle and likely be playing in the North Kent Sunday League by now. I'm sure the board are doing what they think is right and I know it's hard for you as you were quite close to Kingy, but there's no reason why in 6 months from now you won't feel differently and be on here championing the next manager. He's a hard act to follow and there's no guarantees of course, but I'd rather be optimistic than throw my hands in the air and throw the towel in every time something happens that I disagree with. We all have our favourite players and/or managers and for example, I was gutted when Kingy ditched Lee Noble. In my view he was exactly the sort of player we were missing last season and I think he might have made the difference. Nevertheless, I still backed Kingy because he was the manager and I support the CLUB, not the individuals. Ultimately we're ALL supposed to be supporting the club and it's a shame you can't redirect your obvious passionate loyalty towards the club rather than individuals who will inevitably come and go.
You bring up the North Kent sunday league Spike maybe just maybe.......
They did brilliantly in employing him. The greatest move in 2 decades. So why i cant i be so upset about his dismissal. Why is it im chastised because i thought he was the best choice. Why is it saying i think he is brilliant is brown nosing. Modern Britain. Freedom of speech is no longer
Last edited by DFCTALK on Sat May 28, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
Simply to say look your views are ok but you cant say that as people will think you are the ante christ
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

And one more thing lol.....
The elders amongst us will remember Robin and Big John.70s/80s i guess. A couple of likely lads those especially Robin what a guy if you know what i mean. He was outspoken. One sunday morning he went onto radio medway (as it was then and not kent) and simply supported a fans view however critical, as he had paid his hard earned and therefore he could say what he wanted.
Different class Robin different class

Shall i have some extra eggs as to delay the execution
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And there was me thinking I could rejoin this debate as I was getting ssssssssssoo bored with it and then up pops..... :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

One thing I'm really going to miss about Steve was his whistle. When he whistled even I looked at the bench. :D
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

DFCTALK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:44 am P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
Simply to say look your views are ok but you cant say that as people will think you are the ante christ
I agree with Paul here, I don’t always agree with your views but I’m devastated by the removal of Kingy shows a lack of ambition in my opinion
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

DFCTALK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:44 am P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
A very good valid point to make , which begs the question “why was he sacked?” Judging by the statement the Board put out it seems to be financial ? (Its only my interpretation, I may be wrong ,who knows ?) But reading post on here especially by our friendly neighbours , they are portraying him as some kind of Narcissistic monster who is open to corruption and causing a stink wherever he goes ?
I didn’t know him personally ,only a brief “hello or good luck “ and he seems a decent bloke , so until someone can actually explain to the Dartford Fans why he was dismissed when he was on contract until 2024 , we should not be second guessing ,and especially not be listening to the friendly neighbours gloating opinions .
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

JCJ wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:58 am
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
I agree with Paul here, I don’t always agree with your views but I’m devastated by the removal of Kingy shows a lack of ambition in my opinion
I agree..I'm trying to get some enthusiasm going about the new guy but still gutted. Only seems yesterday an Eastbourne fan telling me it was the best football he'd seen there for years. The stuff about the wider community is irrelevant.He is the first team coach not the community development officer.

Anyway off to see my counselor now..
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Top Cat wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:25 am
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
A very good valid point to make , which begs the question “why was he sacked?” Judging by the statement the Board put out it seems to be financial ? (Its only my interpretation, I may be wrong ,who knows ?) But reading post on here especially by our friendly neighbours , they are portraying him as some kind of Narcissistic monster who is open to corruption and causing a stink wherever he goes ?
I didn’t know him personally ,only a brief “hello or good luck “ and he seems a decent bloke , so until someone can actually explain to the Dartford Fans why he was dismissed when he was on contract until 2024 , we should not be second guessing ,and especially not be listening to the friendly neighbours gloating opinions .
TC ignore the Ebbsfleet mans rubbish. Its nothing like that. Look the board have made the decision and many agree and i cannot fault the fact the simple reason i am about to complain is down to them in the first place that we are even here as a club. Now ok ive spouted enough but i cannot get ot out of my crust that on the field it has been both entertaining to watch and also successful. I just dont get it. Sorry all for this but im gutted totally gutted. Feel whats the point anymore. I would prefer to speak to the board face to face but of course thats not possible. Hence im on here and hence why i put my real up on a previous post as not to hide. This has devastated me as a fan. As i say i see little difference here as to what goldberg did in sacking him at welling. Down to personality after being successful
V184

Post by V184 »

Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
So where has this million quid figure come from, more internet bull?
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

V184 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:07 pm
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
So where has this million quid figure come from, more internet bull?
A loss of £1.5 million last year (or whenever) speaks volumes. DFC may not always break even, but at least any losses are always controllable.
MickW

Post by MickW »

I can totally understand that fans are disappointed at losing a manager that has been successful, what I can't understand is the sniping at our board when all the facts aren't available to us. We have a board that showed its ambition by appointing Steve King in the first place, has it suddenly lost that ambition? Of course not.
Something has happened that is serious enough to make the board change course, what that is we may never know, though I suspect the reason will out in due course.
In the meantime we have a club with an amazing set up which will prove attractive to many talented managers Steve King is no more so let's be grateful for what he gave us and look forward together to a new era.
COYDs
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

No one is bigger than this club and that’s what makes us who we are. Thankfully we have a board full of, ‘common sense, Dartford FC through and through’ members. I have 100% confidence that they’ll ‘do it again’ and come up with a ‘name’ manager/coach. And on we go. We might, of course, have ‘found our level’ and this is what we can come to expect going forward. Especially whilst we are a
part-time club. That, of course, is the subject of another current discussion. The likes of Webbed Feet et al, may see promotion success and highly likely to come straight back down. There is a massive gulf now between the National League and it’s regional subdivisions. There didn’t use to be. Well, not as much.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Need to get new manager sorted very quickly with Ade and Hyde moving on beginning to wonder who will be left by the time things get sorted.
V184

Post by V184 »

JCJ wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:53 pm Need to get new manager sorted very quickly with Ade and Hyde moving on beginning to wonder who will be left by the time things get sorted.
Patience all will be revealed early next week ;)
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

All I know is that we can all argue and make a case for and against the sacking but.,...........
What is done is done and one day we will find out why King was dismissed
We move on with hopefully a new manager in place very soon.
I know at least 4 of our directors quite well and they are decent people with the clubs interest at heart.
Several of them were involved in resurrecting DFC in 1992 and they have my full support.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Babylon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:53 pm All I know is that we can all argue and make a case for and against the sacking but.,...........
What is done is done and one day we will find out why King was dismissed
We move on with hopefully a new manager in place very soon.
I know at least 4 of our directors quite well and they are decent people with the clubs interest at heart.
Several of them were involved in resurrecting DFC in 1992 and they have my full support.

And it’s your last sentence is the problem for me. They have the upmost respect for what they did in 1992 BUT we are not in 1992 anymore. The football industry has changed massively but we as a club hasn’t. We can’t keep harping back to those days every time something needs changing. By that I mean I’ve heard it a number of times on both match days and non match days from fans that the board are a bit frightened to go to the next level (full time etc) just in case there’s a repeat of 1992 because it will require extra income. I don’t want to believe it but it’s hard not to come to that conclusion after the sacking of SK, especially after finishing in the playoffs three seasons in a row.

I doubt very much that they wanted to bring him in the first place as it’s out of their comfort zone and will now use him an excuse to go back to what they know. Ie old ‘yes’ boys and back to 1992

Classic example is the one of the most profitable advertising boards in the ground - the 2 on the halfway line opposite the dugouts and very nearly constantly in every match video (which promotes the current administration of the council) How much do we receive for that? - absolutely nothing . Why? Because the board are scared of upsetting the council
Last edited by Wookie on Sat May 28, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.