Steve King

KentC.

Re: Steve King

Post by KentC. »

V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm
KentC. wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:18 pm
V184 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 pm I would be asking who allowed King to carry on in such a reckless way considering his awful past record, i would guess what finished him was his expenses bill probably everything from the furr coat to extortionate meals etc all paid for by dfc.
Whoever comes in next has got a hell of a job clearing up his mess !

You finished 2 points ahead with an inferior goal difference. It looked like you’d come below us until the last day so not too much mess. . So fleet have had a great season according to your lot and we are shite. I see you’re all targeting the title? I know you guys are deluded but you’re taking it too far and tbh with your budget you didn’t do too well in the end.
This thread isnt about Ebbsfleets goal difference or you being shite please keep up the clues in the title "Steve King" who by all accounts has been a naughty boy & not for the first time :lol:

Not sure who you think you are, you don’t tell me what to write so if you don’t like what I write go f yourself and do one keyboard warrior. I guess you’ll be on here more as it’s half term.
V184

Post by V184 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:50 pm
V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:40 pm
Tony H wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:46 pm It’ll be Auf Wiedersehen, Pet to Dennis if Ebbsfleet don’t win them the League next season!!!

Let’s worry about what we’re doing than what’s going on down the road. Far more important (and interesting) after all.
Hes got a two year contract :roll: we believe in stability ;)
King had a contract until 2024, what is your point? You're looking more stupid every post you make
i was replying to the Auf Wiedersehen comment wasnt that obvious ?
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Could it be possible, that in order to satisfy his craving for attention, there could be an out of favour Websfleet fan incognito seeking refuge on another club's forum after handing Dorking Wanderers promotion to the National League?
Robinhood

Post by Robinhood »

@V184
I know your forum is sh*t with all the adverts splashed everywhere, so maybe that's why you like to use ours?
Just mind that your herpes doesn't FLARE up! :lol:
V184

Post by V184 »

KentC. wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:42 pm
V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm
KentC. wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:18 pm

You finished 2 points ahead with an inferior goal difference. It looked like you’d come below us until the last day so not too much mess. . So fleet have had a great season according to your lot and we are shite. I see you’re all targeting the title? I know you guys are deluded but you’re taking it too far and tbh with your budget you didn’t do too well in the end.
This thread isnt about Ebbsfleets goal difference or you being shite please keep up the clues in the title "Steve King" who by all accounts has been a naughty boy & not for the first time :lol:

Not sure who you think you are, you don’t tell me what to write so if you don’t like what I write go f yourself and do one keyboard warrior. I guess you’ll be on here more as it’s half term.
Yes your entitled to write or message me what ever you want but again i ask you what has the almighty Fleets goal difference got to do with your ex manager ? i cannot make the connection :?:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:44 pm
Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:38 pm I've often wondered what inspires someone to light a flare at a football match. Is it that they feel neglected in their everyday lives and derive some sort of comfort from the ensuing attention or is it that they just like looking at the pretty clouds of smoke? I've given it a lot of thought and done a lot of research and have found there is a scientifically verified reason for doing this. It's called being an idiot. We've had a couple of idiots setting off flares ourselves, but if one had cost us promotion like the Fleet, he would probably have had to go into hiding.
More a case of a corrupt ref :twisted: (like your ex manager :lol: )
A wise man once said to me be very careful what you put down in writing.
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

Its no big surprise that SK has gone. We all know that he very rarely if ever stays at any club longer than 2 or 3 seasons usually leaving some sort of stink behind him. He pretty much always brings good times to the playing field whilst upsetting the clubs board members. He has been making a very good living doing it his way for a long time now and he will find a new club with a very robust revolving door soon I'm sure. As they say "The ride was good while it lasted" Dartford FC fans have had something to cheer 3 seasons on the trot. Better than most clubs in the NLS.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Buzz stop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 pm Its no big surprise that SK has gone. We all know that he very rarely if ever stays at any club longer than 2 or 3 seasons usually leaving some sort of stink behind him. He pretty much always brings good times to the playing field whilst upsetting the clubs board members. He has been making a very good living doing it his way for a long time now and he will find a new club with a very robust revolving door soon I'm sure. As they say "The ride was good while it lasted" Dartford FC fans have had something to cheer 3 seasons on the trot. Better than most clubs in the NLS.
He left no stink ! Making a good living ? Hes a genuine football manager. In 3 years he brought nothing than improvement beyond belief. Saved us from a possible relegation. His job then was to keep us in the league. Well he nearly did f that by near promotion. He worked within the given budget so all this going on is ridiculous. For me, what has happened at DFc is nothing less than us having an owner at the helm wielding the axe. I love the board but hate the clan. I.e board member hangers on hell bent on being evil and destructive. Its no different at dfc from a sugar daddy ignoring the paying public. I said it before this is a decision made by the few for the few and not the many. Really sad times that i never ever thought i would see in my lifetime but i have. This is dreadful it really is dreadful. But proof in the pudding is in the eating as they say but i praised the board beyond belief when they employed him so i hope that they understand my anger in his dismissal. So i think thats fair. But i really think that the decision is a major, a major step back. Only time will tell, but for me this huge decision means there really is little time. We were on the brink of promotion.
Not guaranteed of course but certainly in with a great shout. I really hope that doesnt change. Otherwise whats the point. Feeding the ducks down the local pond would be more rewarding otherwise. Get ready folks it might be a while before you see the likes again. Just an opinion doesnt make me correct of course.
Good luck
Last edited by DFCTALK on Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:38 pm I've often wondered what inspires someone to light a flare at a football match. Is it that they feel neglected in their everyday lives and derive some sort of comfort from the ensuing attention or is it that they just like looking at the pretty clouds of smoke? I've given it a lot of thought and done a lot of research and have found there is a scientifically verified reason for doing this. It's called being an idiot. We've had a couple of idiots setting off flares ourselves, but if one had cost us promotion like the Fleet, he would probably have had to go into hiding.
To clarify V184, you are openly stating on a public forum that the referee in your play-off game and our ex-manager (Steve King) are both corrupt.
Obviously, you have the evidence to back that up, if not, this might be of interest.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/enforcem ... mation.htm
V184

Post by V184 »

Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 pm
To clarify V184, you are openly stating on a public forum that the referee in your play-off game and our ex-manager (Steve King) are both corrupt.
Obviously, you have the evidence to back that up, if not, this might be of interest.

Just amended it Spike wouldnt want the forum being shut down :P
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

V184 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 pm

Just amended it Spike wouldnt want the forum being shut down :P
Spike why are you bothered about a fleet poster. Right now im worried about a lot worse. Forget him. Hes in your nut and winning obviously
Spike

Post by Spike »

DFCTALK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 pm
Buzz stop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 pm Its no big surprise that SK has gone. We all know that he very rarely if ever stays at any club longer than 2 or 3 seasons usually leaving some sort of stink behind him. He pretty much always brings good times to the playing field whilst upsetting the clubs board members. He has been making a very good living doing it his way for a long time now and he will find a new club with a very robust revolving door soon I'm sure. As they say "The ride was good while it lasted" Dartford FC fans have had something to cheer 3 seasons on the trot. Better than most clubs in the NLS.
He left no stink ! Making a good living ? Hes a genuine football manager. In 3 years he brought nothing than improvement beyond belief. Saved us from a possible relegation. His job then was to keep us in the league. Well he nearly did f that by near promotion. He worked within the given budget so all this going on is ridiculous. For me, what has happened at DFc is nothing less than us having an owner at the helm wielding the axe. Its no different from a sugar daddy ignoring the paying public. I said it before this is a decision made by the few for the few and not the many. Really sad times that i never ever thought i would see in my lifetime but i have. This is dreadful it really is dreadful. But proof in the pudding is in the eating as they say but i praised the board beyond belief when they employed him so i hope that they understand my anger in his dismissal. So i think thats fair. But i really think that the decision is a major, a major step back. Only time will tell, but for me this huge decision means there really is little time. We were on the brink of promotion.
Not guaranteed of course but certainly in with a great shout. I really hope that doesnt change. Otherwise whats the point. Feeding the ducks down the local pond would be more rewarding otherwise. Just an opinion doesnt make me correct of course.
Good luck
To be fair DFCTalk/Arthur/Reg/Paul, if the board had listened to you all along then we'd still have Flanners & Coyle and likely be playing in the North Kent Sunday League by now. I'm sure the board are doing what they think is right and I know it's hard for you as you were quite close to Kingy, but there's no reason why in 6 months from now you won't feel differently and be on here championing the next manager. He's a hard act to follow and there's no guarantees of course, but I'd rather be optimistic than throw my hands in the air and throw the towel in every time something happens that I disagree with. We all have our favourite players and/or managers and for example, I was gutted when Kingy ditched Lee Noble. In my view he was exactly the sort of player we were missing last season and I think he might have made the difference. Nevertheless, I still backed Kingy because he was the manager and I support the CLUB, not the individuals. Ultimately we're ALL supposed to be supporting the club and it's a shame you can't redirect your obvious passionate loyalty towards the club rather than individuals who will inevitably come and go.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

My different names are solely an attempt to get on here.
Tony came up to me in person a few years ago at Wealdstone away and said hey you dont go upsetting people on the forum and laughing. I didnt really know what to make of it. So i went to see him on the monday. We spoke for 20 minutes. A good chat. Hey you don't know what i think of him as a player you really dont. I was then slaughtered for protecting flans and coylie on this same platform for going against the vitriol against the lads. Coyle was stabbed in the back by players/legends he really was. Lets start telling some happenings. They had no chance. Flans yes coylie no. But he is and was a lovely man but no people stabbed him. King was the best choice by far by absoulute far. He moved us on lets leave it at that. But from day 1 no sorry minute 1 he was attacked. For what by people who are bad folk at the club. People have slaughtered him on social media, employees of other clubs, fans at this club and maybe just maybe worse than that. Hey im shutting up great you all say but enough is enough there isnt enough time to go and on. I will be probably signing my death warrant because i dare go against the flow but trust me we were in reaching point of what we all desire. Some will say thats brown nosing lol simply because i differ from their opinion. For me its truth telling. Truth telling used to be called your opinion but thats been removed in these wokey times.

Kingy replaced lee noble with Noor. (Sold by dfc)Wouldn't you have and therein lies the problem i believe so called dfc fans of years wanted them to lose because they didnt like him. Cant prove it but look at some of Carols pictures at Billericay after a brilliant second half performance
Last edited by DFCTALK on Sat May 28, 2022 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Spike wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:13 pm
DFCTALK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 pm
He left no stink ! Making a good living ? Hes a genuine football manager. In 3 years he brought nothing than improvement beyond belief. Saved us from a possible relegation. His job then was to keep us in the league. Well he nearly did f that by near promotion. He worked within the given budget so all this going on is ridiculous. For me, what has happened at DFc is nothing less than us having an owner at the helm wielding the axe. Its no different from a sugar daddy ignoring the paying public. I said it before this is a decision made by the few for the few and not the many. Really sad times that i never ever thought i would see in my lifetime but i have. This is dreadful it really is dreadful. But proof in the pudding is in the eating as they say but i praised the board beyond belief when they employed him so i hope that they understand my anger in his dismissal. So i think thats fair. But i really think that the decision is a major, a major step back. Only time will tell, but for me this huge decision means there really is little time. We were on the brink of promotion.
Not guaranteed of course but certainly in with a great shout. I really hope that doesnt change. Otherwise whats the point. Feeding the ducks down the local pond would be more rewarding otherwise. Just an opinion doesnt make me correct of course.
Good luck
To be fair DFCTalk/Arthur/Reg/Paul, if the board had listened to you all along then we'd still have Flanners & Coyle and likely be playing in the North Kent Sunday League by now. I'm sure the board are doing what they think is right and I know it's hard for you as you were quite close to Kingy, but there's no reason why in 6 months from now you won't feel differently and be on here championing the next manager. He's a hard act to follow and there's no guarantees of course, but I'd rather be optimistic than throw my hands in the air and throw the towel in every time something happens that I disagree with. We all have our favourite players and/or managers and for example, I was gutted when Kingy ditched Lee Noble. In my view he was exactly the sort of player we were missing last season and I think he might have made the difference. Nevertheless, I still backed Kingy because he was the manager and I support the CLUB, not the individuals. Ultimately we're ALL supposed to be supporting the club and it's a shame you can't redirect your obvious passionate loyalty towards the club rather than individuals who will inevitably come and go.
You bring up the North Kent sunday league Spike maybe just maybe.......
They did brilliantly in employing him. The greatest move in 2 decades. So why i cant i be so upset about his dismissal. Why is it im chastised because i thought he was the best choice. Why is it saying i think he is brilliant is brown nosing. Modern Britain. Freedom of speech is no longer
Last edited by DFCTALK on Sat May 28, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
Simply to say look your views are ok but you cant say that as people will think you are the ante christ
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

And one more thing lol.....
The elders amongst us will remember Robin and Big John.70s/80s i guess. A couple of likely lads those especially Robin what a guy if you know what i mean. He was outspoken. One sunday morning he went onto radio medway (as it was then and not kent) and simply supported a fans view however critical, as he had paid his hard earned and therefore he could say what he wanted.
Different class Robin different class

Shall i have some extra eggs as to delay the execution
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And there was me thinking I could rejoin this debate as I was getting ssssssssssoo bored with it and then up pops..... :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

One thing I'm really going to miss about Steve was his whistle. When he whistled even I looked at the bench. :D
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

DFCTALK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:44 am P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
Simply to say look your views are ok but you cant say that as people will think you are the ante christ
I agree with Paul here, I don’t always agree with your views but I’m devastated by the removal of Kingy shows a lack of ambition in my opinion
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

DFCTALK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:44 am P.S Dfc won more this season than Ebbsfleet and we didnt spend a million quid plus to do it. Kingy lost in the play offs and gets tinned. The german loses in the play offs with a million pound a year budget and gets a two year extension. Am i seriously that wrong in my views.
Im leaning on
Kentc
BAWARMY
Wookie
JCJ
A very good valid point to make , which begs the question “why was he sacked?” Judging by the statement the Board put out it seems to be financial ? (Its only my interpretation, I may be wrong ,who knows ?) But reading post on here especially by our friendly neighbours , they are portraying him as some kind of Narcissistic monster who is open to corruption and causing a stink wherever he goes ?
I didn’t know him personally ,only a brief “hello or good luck “ and he seems a decent bloke , so until someone can actually explain to the Dartford Fans why he was dismissed when he was on contract until 2024 , we should not be second guessing ,and especially not be listening to the friendly neighbours gloating opinions .