Marcus Dinanga (Sub)
5%
Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 39

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Mon 2 May 2022

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Ban me from this forum before I f’kin really let loose!

For once I agree with ‘him’. There are absolutely no excuses for today. It’s was a total disgrace across the park and in the dugout. (Except for Tom). King needs to take a long hard look at himself. Yep. Said it and I don’t give a shit. It’s been all to f’kin often! Play off promotion hopefuls my arse!
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Mon May 02, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

MOTM vote goes to Dinanga. Not because of today's performance but because he is one of the most in form players in the league and had no right to be sat on that bench today.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Absolutely gutted. We huffed and puffed but we were just not good enough today.
Sleightly Deceptive

Tall Dart wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:13 pm Absolutely gutted. We huffed and puffed but we were just not good enough today.
Very polite. I just didn’t see any huff and puff. Their goal had been coming since the 15th minute.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Awful performance all round today. Why you make so changes to a side that just won 6-0 I don't know???
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

With that performance again today, us playing at home in the play off seems no advantage for me. I actually think that we may not win again this season. I can see us losing at Eastbourne and then I can see us losing the first play off game we are in
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:08 pm Ban me from this forum before I f’kin really let loose!

For once I agree with ‘him’. There are absolutely no excuses for today. It’s was a total disgrace across the park and in the dugout. (Except for Tom). King needs to take a long hard look at himself. Yep. Said it and I don’t give a shit. It’s been all to f’kin often! Play off promotion hopefuls my arse!
Couldn't agree more. King the play-off bottlejob in full effect today. Utter garbage.
Sleightly Deceptive

Edit. Deleted. Too f’kin angry!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:23 pm Awful performance all round today. Why you make so changes to a side that just won 6-0 I don't know???

Probably because they played 48 hours ago.
And yes I am just as pis***d as everyone it’s not an excuse at all.
oranj

Post by oranj »

A dreadful performance from Dartford, with Braintree collecting three well deserved points.

Six changes from Saturday and unsurprisingly we looked like a bunch of strangers. Dinanga came off after an hour on Saturday, why not do the same today?

All aside from Bonner and Charles-Cook were very poor today. We clearly needed to make a change in the middle after completely anonymous performances from Porter and Allen, yet Carruthers remained on the bench and Hyde didn’t even get in the squad after playing well on Saturday.

It was an an equally poor showing from Steve King who got his team selection and substitutions completely wrong today. There’s now a fair bit of pressure on the Eastbourne game, which we really could have avoided.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Very frustrating watching that garbage today.
Play offs?sorry too much tinkering and not enough quality especially in our attack which was non existant until the subs came on
Braintree were by far the better team and deserved their victory
I live in hope more than expectation!!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:17 pm
Tall Dart wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:13 pm Absolutely gutted. We huffed and puffed but we were just not good enough today.
Very polite. I just didn’t see any huff and puff. Their goal had been coming since the 15th minute.
ok maybe we just huffed. I joke but I am so disappointed. We should have put out our best team today. If that was it, let's just forget the playoffs and start again next season.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

KentC. wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:33 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:23 pm Awful performance all round today. Why you make so changes to a side that just won 6-0 I don't know???

At this stage of the season you play your best in form players no matter what. Other teams played 48 hours ago and managed it. But not a Steve King team.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:37 pm
KentC. wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:33 pm

At this stage of the season you play your best in form players no matter what. Other teams played 48 hours ago and managed it. But not a Steve King team.
If they are fit enough of course I agree.
I’m not defending anything I’m so angry with the performance I don’t even wanna give my opinion on it yet
Sleightly Deceptive

Tall Dart wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:36 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:17 pm
ok maybe we just huffed. I joke but I am so disappointed. We should have put out our best team today. If that was it, let's just forget the playoffs and start again next season.
Yup. Nailed it. Couldn’t agree more. There is absolutely no point in going up with this (King’s) current (and recent) mentality. It’s been one good performance in every three or four. I’m afraid he’s found his level and he’s been ‘at it’ for a very long time. If we pull off the miracle and actually go up, I stand by my word and say we need a change at the top. But I think we will be ‘better off’ next season if we stay where we are.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Can't believe I am agreeing with most of what up the darts has said... and I was there! Probably the worst home game I have seen this season. And again, Kingy must think he has a squad of two equal X1's, without realising they need to play together regularly. A good manager doesn't become bad overnight but the this was a costly tinker too far IMO.
Robinhood

Post by Robinhood »

From scoring 6 goals, changing the team around for reasons unknown and firing blanks - sh*te team selection, could see that at the start. If there were "niggles" with the subs, then us the loyal paying fans are the last to hear about them. Official website is also sh*te. Totally given up - like the Dartford FC radio commentary.

Anyway - UpTheDarts.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

After the lord mayor's show! Braintree totally deserved the win.You just knew Ebbsfleet were going to score when ricay had to get a winner with welling winning. Feel a bit shell shocked after the high of Slough but we can still go up.Keep the faith.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I'm honestly shocked after that, it's not often I leave games early and usually applaud the players off but I couldn't justify staying today. When I left Billericay were bailing us out but Ebbsfleet got a goal late on which has completely swung it out of our control, and we only have ourselves to blame.

If you asked someone who had no idea about this division which team was fighting for top 3 and which one's season was over, they'd tell you Braintree were the ones needing something. It felt like we didn't know what to do in attack, the set pieces were not on point and just felt there were key aspects missing.

I do not agree with changing the team so much especially after a huge result at the weekend, I'd understand a few minor changes but when half the team is tinkered with I'm not sure what anyone can expect the outcome to be, especially when you have forced changes due to injury surely that is enough? Who knows why the other 4 or 5 from the weekend were left out because we don't get updated on anything.

I also dismiss the cliche that playoffs are a lottery, I truly believe that the teams that are inform/playing with confidence will be the ones to win them, and at the moment we are neither. I think we need a miracle if we are to even get to the final of the playoffs.

I suppose the only thing now is get behind the lads at the weekend and hope Chelmsford can also do us a favour, however I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us end the season in 5th which considering our position at the start of today would be a catastrophic failure.

I am very much interested in what Kingy has to say in his interview.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Braintree made a similar amount of changes from Saturday including the scorers of all three goals. Of course no pressure on them.