Kampbell for Carruthers
rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Mon 18 Apr 2022

Post by rick »

SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Sad to say, the better team won. Far more polished professional performance from Maidstone. We are not equipt to go up.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Woeful performance unfortunately. Nobody comes out of that positively apart from Wilks. Maidstone won every first and second ball, they simply wanted it more.

No end product from any of the attacking players and our midfield was non existent.

Will be very lucky to go up as we look like a mid table side at the moment
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Up The Darts
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Park Life wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:28 pmUp The Darts
I'm not wrong and you know it
Everything I was saying earlier in the season is now showing in results, performances and the league table and you hate to see it
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

BAWArmy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm
Everything I was saying earlier in the season is now showing in results, performances and the league table and you hate to see it
I do have to agree with this. We looked poor all across the pitch. Part of the issue for me is that King has refused to select a settled side and we've never been able to get a rhythm going which has led to a number of disappointing performances. But what can you expect from a second-hand car salesman of a manager...
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

I’m really fked off with today for several reasons but I’ve chosen not to give my opinion on the game yet as emotions are high and I need to reflect before I post. You on the other hand just go straight in and can’t wait. You thrive off negativity and I don’t get peed off with you I feel sorry for you.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Playing Friday must of had an effect on our teams fitness levels today because they looked tired ? We were second best for much of the game and lucky not to lose by a greater margin but for Dan in goal ? Disappointed but not down , we still have the play-offs to look forward to I think ? Not sure why the ref didn’t send off that idiot number 20 at the end ? not only goading our fans but goading our players as well looking for a reaction, total nobjob 🤨

Must say I was disappointed with our fans today behind the goal , once they scored they were quiet for the rest of the game ? Unlike the Darts fans .
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Yes Maidstone we’re deserving winners but we had some chances ourselves like that header over the bar at the end.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Total lack of class from Maidstone at the end, instead of celebrating with their fans choose to wind ours up.

And as for the ref totally weak!

Up the darts!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Being nice didn’t last long you obviously was not at the game today Meade at left back was excellent today considering how long he has been out.

Right UpTheDarts
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I don't know how the play offs will go but imo we have too many lightweights in our squad.
Oh for a Noble or Bradbrook type
midfielder
And oh for a striker or two who scare the crap out of defenders.
We flatter to deceive with this squad
I can take defeat but it is the way we lose that gets me!!
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Number 20, Deacon the name, I trust it is in the referees notebook/report, as the ref's responsibilities are not over until he leaves the building. And the definition of "deacon" has been rewritten, not as per "deacon, a member of the lowest rank of the threefold Christian ministry". I had better stop there. We were not at the races today, and only one candidate for MOM for me, well played Wilksy.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Up the darts
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

B&W Army your too quick to come on here and post when things go wrong your not a Dartford supporter just a troll on here and be truthful your are UP THE DARTS

I don’t like losing especially to them, but have to take it dust ourselves down and try our best in play offs

Got to say absolutely disgraceful behaviour from Stones players today the one who rather try and wind our supporters at the end not sure who he was but Sam Corne to shout F off to the supporters sitting down when the final whistle went who did he aim it was it any of the women and children that was sitting there as I say disgraceful
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I dont think we were woeful today, then again we didnt cause maidstone enough problems to deserve to win.

Defensively I thought we played ok except the goal. Bonner led very well, especially after picking up an early yellow card. Again though we seem devoid of ideas in front of goal and do not seem to be playing as a team.
Good to see the long ball game didnt come into play until the end of the game at least.

Few to many of their team lack class. The no. 20 would be an embarrassment to me, but their fans celebrated with him like some sort of god :roll: , as for the 2 go forth and multiply.

What sort of an example does there boss set, when he waddled on at the end of the game flapping his arms around, he looked like an Walrus. If ever a chant would be more fitting who "ate all the pies", sort yourself out, you fact hunt.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

What an anti-climax.

Maidstone failed to impress me, but were still better than us in all areas across the pitch. We failed to register a single shot on goal. We had no help from a very ineffective referee (since when has an elbow been a yellow?), but he was not the reason that we lost.

The match on Friday probably did not help, but we put very little pressure on the Maidstone goal. Sadly, our substitutes made no impression except for one great cross at the end of the match which was headed high over the bar.

Maidstone set the tone for the match. Maidstone were the reason that the game was segregated. Maidstone were the reason that Dartford fans had to travel to the ground to buy tickets in advance. Maidstone were the reason that numerous Kent police made a nice little earner on a Bank Holiday Monday when they should have been arresting the drug dealers that plague our town.

On a more positive note, I would like to thank the Maidstone fans at the ground for observing the minute of applause for two Dartford ladies that are sadly no longer with us. It was appreciated.

Good luck to Maidstone next season in the Conference National. I only hope that we can be there too.
Spike

Post by Spike »

BAWArmy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:25 pm Woeful performance unfortunately. Nobody comes out of that positively apart from Wilks. Maidstone won every first and second ball, they simply wanted it more.

No end product from any of the attacking players and our midfield was non existent.

Will be very lucky to go up as we look like a mid table side at the moment
I'd be more interested to know what Dartford supporters think.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Grassbank wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:43 pm What an anti-climax.

Maidstone failed to impress me, but were still better than us in all areas across the pitch. We failed to register a single shot on goal. We had no help from a very ineffective referee (since when has an elbow been a yellow?), but he was not the reason that we lost.

The match on Friday probably did not help, but we put very little pressure on the Maidstone goal. Sadly, our substitutes made no impression except for one great cross at the end of the match which was headed high over the bar.

Maidstone set the tone for the match. Maidstone were the reason that the game was segregated. Maidstone were the reason that Dartford fans had to travel to the ground to buy tickets in advance. Maidstone were the reason that numerous Kent police made a nice little earner on a Bank Holiday Monday when they should have been arresting the drug dealers that plague our town.

On a more positive note, I would like to thank the Maidstone fans at the ground for observing the minute of applause for two Dartford ladies that are sadly no longer with us. It was appreciated.

Good luck to Maidstone next season in the Conference National. I only hope that we can be there too.

Agree about Maidstone failing to impress. Just my opinion but I thought Dorking were a much stronger outfit and a better side. Yet we beat Dorking recently. It’s a funny old game.