Jake Robinson (Sub)
3%
Luke Allen (Sub)
10%

Total votes: 30

Tony H

Re: Dartford v Hemel Hempstead Town Sat 9 Apr 2022

Post by Tony H »

We really cannot play worse than that again this season…can we!?
Still, a point is a point and still all to play for (well, a top 3 finish anyway!!)
MoM for me - Jack Jebb who tried to make things happen! What a difference our three substitutes made when they came on btw! For goodness sake why does Jake Robinson not start most games. He’s the NLS top scorer of all time after all!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

That was awful to watch. HH chased us down and played as a team, attacking and defending and deserved 3 points (sorry about that HH, no 2 was particularly annoyed about the end result, Shame 8-) ).

We played little through the middle, reverting to long ball counter attacks but more often than not, too slow, and not in numbers. We just seemed disjointed and and never got into the game until the subs came on.
Only positive is that we got a draw, which will help the morale. Great to see Luke, Jake and George coming on and having a big impact. As others have said kory or bonz for mom.

Lots of players missing now, so it's going to be a tough run in.

Today needs forgetting about, just a bad day at the office, we hope.

Up the Darts.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Thank goodness that the anti football team we came up against today did not bring to an end our unbeaten record at home. It was two points dropped, not one gained, but I felt so happy to see us score in time added on for the constant diving and time wasting of our opponents.

Sad to see King playing for this outfit. I believe that he deserves better.

Perhaps the ref would like to consider why he kept stopping the game for pretend injuries to our opponents. If they wanted treatment, they should leave the pitch or kick the ball off to bring play to a halt. None were head injuries. I do not believe that the ref should not be stopping the match in such instances.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

That was painful to watch so I did the decent thing for my BP and left before the end. (But mainly cos I had to be in Slough for 6pm!) not sure I can even pick a MOTM. It’s not right to blame the referee for our piss-poor performances (one too many this season at PP!) but that geezer was was about two steps (in the pyramid system) out of his depth. Seemingly no idea about the game and why HH were constantly doing a ‘Hungerford’ on us with total shithousery. Sadly, I can’t see us being promoted. Kingy’s constant chopping and changing (not always forced) and playing Ade on his own just ain’t cutting it.
Harry

Post by Harry »

With some players returning I expect we will be stronger for the play offs, we need to pull out all the stops in an effort to gain home advantage.

We have proved in a one off game we can beat the best, we have to pick up some form in the last couple of games.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Not so sure you can claim that Kingy didn’t pick his strongest starting 11 yesterday with so many out with injury and a few just returning from lay-off’s. So, the players that are selected MUST stand up and be counted. There appeared very little desire yesterday to win a game of football. I’ll go so far as to say that at least HALF the eleven that started showed no passion for the Dartford shirt, and that frankly is unacceptable. These players must understand that they are paid good money, as quality players, to wear that shirt and perform for a team pushing for a top 3 finish.

Very impressed, as always, with that drive and enthusiasm that Robbo and George Porter give us and them, with Luke Allen, made a real difference. Other players, with notable exceptions who fight for the cause, should take note.

Btw, I do still strongly believe that we will beat Maidscum. COYD.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Does anyone know the 50-50 result?
Clare

Post by Clare »

KingKong wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:40 am Does anyone know the 50-50 result?
I can’t remember the number off of the top of my head but it has been claimed.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Tony H: 5 of our best players were on the bench so I’m not sure that was our strongest starting XI !!
For 94 x minutes it wasn’t a very good watch was it?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:55 am Tony H: 5 of our best players were on the bench so I’m not sure that was our strongest starting XI !!
For 94 x minutes it wasn’t a very good watch was it?
Most certainly wasn’t a good watch!
The three lads that came off the bench made a difference for me!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KingKong wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:40 am Does anyone know the 50-50 result?
Yes ticket number 13816 .
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Thanks.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I did say to Sleightly at half time, when our subs were doing their stuff out on the pitch, what a strong bench we have. Shame Danny picked an injury before the start of the game as well and not sure Jordan would have been fit enough to play even though named as a sub.

I really don’t think that, with the notable exceptions, that the players played with the sort of passion and desire required to win games especially at this stage of the season.

Kingy has to address that and put players out there that are prepared to bust their balls for the cause.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

From what I'm reading on here I was thinking we were playing Hungerford. :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Still, at least it kept BAWarmy quiet. Must have confused him by others actually agreeing with him. :D
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:51 am Still, at least it kept BAWarmy quiet. Must have confused him by others actually agreeing with him. :D
Pointless what I say really, just gets shot down.
I've been saying for months that we've been playing below the standard we set in the first 10 games we've just been scraping results and masking it, unfortunately yesterday we couldn't mask a dreadful performance with a win.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:06 pm
ozymandias wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:51 am Still, at least it kept BAWarmy quiet. Must have confused him by others actually agreeing with him. :D
Pointless what I say really, just gets shot down.
I've been saying for months that we've been playing below the standard we set in the first 10 games we've just been scraping results and masking it, unfortunately yesterday we couldn't mask a dreadful performance with a win.
UPTHEDARTS
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Possibly the most disappointing performance of the season as for long periods we didn't play with any tempo or desire, hopefully just a one off as it would be tough watching that again.

If Hemel had a brain cell between them and just carried on playing instead of reverting to some of the most blatant timewasting i have seen for ages (sorry since Hungerford), they may well have won but serves them bloody well right :lol: :lol:

I thought Jake and Luke were both good when they came on and hopefully we will see them start soon.

All things considered decent attendance again but very subdued atmosphere, i know it's a two way thing but yesterday was a tough watch.

MOTM easy decision - Kory Roberts.

UP THE DARTS
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »