Kory Roberts (Sub)
No votes
Ade Azeez (Sub)
25%

Total votes: 12

Grassbank

Re: Chippenham v Dartford Sat 12 Mar 2022

Post by Grassbank »

I have a feeling that Murtagh was sailing close to the wind last week, having been booked and spoken to. Looks like the wind may have blown just too hard this week.

I guess the fourth was conceded as we threw caution to the wind in an attempt to gain a draw. Much rather that than accept our fate without a battle.

There is still much to play for and we can still finish second to secure home advantage in the lottery.

We need to bounce back on Tuesday evening. Come on you DARTS!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

In my opinion wasn’t a second yellow for Murtaugh, Ref spoilt the game and Chippenham play acting,

Didn’t deserve to win good to see Ady score we can still finish second so all to play for onwards to Tuesday and hopefully 3 points
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

I said a couple of months ago we would be lucky to get in the play offs. Today's result does not change my mind.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Eagle88 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:05 pm I said a couple of months ago we would be lucky to get in the play offs. Today's result does not change my mind.
Careful, they'll call you a troll because you're not allowed a negative opinion on here.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I do not understand saying we will struggle to make the playoffs teams outside the playoffs are nine points behind us and we have a game in hand, we have lost the less games in this league this season equal with Maidstone,
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

We are great at home but on the road we ain't so good.
Play offs are now far more likely.
excellent performance last week against Dorking but once again our away record has let us down .
I have to say that inconsistency has cost us dearly.
Very disappointing!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

JCJ wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:26 pm I do not understand saying we will struggle to make the playoffs teams outside the playoffs are nine points behind us and we have a game in hand, we have lost the less games in this league this season equal with Maidstone,
Because they don’t have a clue about football we will be in the playoffs 100% and mr positive is a troll.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Babylon wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:35 pm We are great at home but on the road we ain't so good.
Play offs are now far more likely.
excellent performance last week against Dorking but once again our away record has let us down .
I have to say that inconsistency has cost us dearly.
Very disappointing!!
5 th best in the away form 3 points behind Maidstone so not that bad.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

This is not the first time we've struggled through going a man down.
It seems when Dorking see red they are more likely to increase their lead or atleast see the game out to get a result.
We tend to concede from this position.
I guess that's why Marc White's squad is championship material and we're not.
Their game management in the face of adversity is superior to ours unfortunately.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Not a great day at the races. If only we only pulled in the same direction internally it might help. Some will know what I mean.
Kieran Murtagh is possibly SCEFL standard but no better.

Let’s hope for a decent play-off performance.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:16 pm If only we only pulled in the same direction internally it might help. Some will know what I mean.
Please explain? I don't understand
herbie

Post by herbie »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:18 pm
DA Mikey wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:16 pm If only we only pulled in the same direction internally it might help. Some will know what I mean.
he means the team is rudderless, without clue or direction, like a bundle of leaves aimlessly twisting in the wind not really knowing what to do

the league position flatters them but the way things are they should make the playoffs where their jellyfish-like spine will show itself again in another shameful penalty shoot-out disaster

it is deserved
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

herbie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:47 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:18 pm
he means the team is rudderless, without clue or direction, like a bundle of leaves aimlessly twisting in the wind not really knowing what to do

the league position flatters them but the way things are they should make the playoffs where their jellyfish-like spine will show itself again in another shameful penalty shoot-out disaster

it is deserved

Hmmm, I mean I wouldn't say things are that bad from what I've seen on the pitch, and not sure if you have anything to back those claims up. But I do think we need to start realising that playoffs is where we are.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Obviously a disappointing result today but I can see no reason [ even with our inconsistant performances] that we will not make the play ofs although I fear not with a home tie .
My concern is that " the revolving door policy " does not breed togetherness as players must be continually looking over their shoulder with several not getting a run of games to settle in before being discarded , Dorking [ to their credit ] have stuck with the 22 players plus a couple of planned additions [ and outgoings ] even when they had 5 of their best players out injured in the first couple of months and the Managers faith has been rewarded

Worth noting that we have used circa 37 players whereas our most successful [ recent] Manager [ TB] only used circa 23 in his many seasons which developed players relationships , many who are still in regular contact even today !!!

The Play Ofs can be quite exciting , so looking forward to an extended season and promotion !!!!!!!!!!!!

also getting a bit fed up with the slagging of Keiron Murtagh , we win as a team and lose as a team as no one individual is at fault !!!
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

The Duke wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:23 pm Obviously a disappointing result today but I can see no reason [ even with our inconsistant performances] that we will not make the play ofs although I fear not with a home tie .
My concern is that " the revolving door policy " does not breed togetherness as players must be continually looking over their shoulder with several not getting a run of games to settle in before being discarded , Dorking [ to their credit ] have stuck with the 22 players plus a couple of planned additions [ and outgoings ] even when they had 5 of their best players out injured in the first couple of months and the Managers faith has been rewarded

Worth noting that we have used circa 37 players whereas our most successful [ recent] Manager [ TB] only used circa 23 in his many seasons which developed players relationships , many who are still in regular contact even today !!!

The Play Ofs can be quite exciting , so looking forward to an extended season and promotion !!!!!!!!!!!!

also getting a bit fed up with the slagging of Keiron Murtagh , we win as a team and lose as a team as no one individual is at fault !!!
I have to agree Duke. Personally, I just can't see how the constant "revolving door" policy of player recruitment can be good for player and team morale, but that is Kingy's way. We all knew that before he was appointed; and he is unlikely to ever change.

I still rate him though and remain pleased he is our manager. Also, his dreadful play-off record has to change eventually. So, why not this season?!!!
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Great day out off the pitch.

I said during the week it’s no good beating the top team them coming away and not reaching the heights, very disappointing. The free kick leading to one of their goals was not one.

Tea was flat, fans missing, poor turnout, the youth need to seek out the train station.

No Kingy, wish him well, no real passion and well nothing else to say.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Play offs at best .
We are a decent team in this league but sorry imo there are 2/3 better teams over the 30 matches played so far.
We may have a very good home record and the 5th best away record but that isn't good enough to win the league and our playoff record ain't great.
I live in hope but imo we just ain't consistent enough.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Herbie, that was beautiful. I had a lump in my throat. ' leaves aimlessly twisting in the wind'.
I assume Jake and Marcus are injured.
Obviously a bit down on the defeat and we've lost touch again with Dorking. As Brassneck has said it would be good to get home advantage in the play-offs, because, as said, the play-off's are where we're heading.
But also as Duke says, the play-offs provide exciting and sometime surprising results. If we are away and our away form has let us down it would not surprise me in the least if we roll over the home side.
Yes, I'm annoyed at yesterdays result, but it's not the end of the world. :D . Not yet, anyway. :shock:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Last week we were great and i was really confident coming into to this game but really disappointed we didn't get anywhere near that level of performance.

Started well, took the lead and for the first 10-15 minutes we were doing ok but then the game just started to drift along and we never took control and pushed on. They caught us with a counter attack and with the sending off it was always going to be difficult. I said before the game that i didn't think Jack and Kieran as a pair in centre mid was right as they work better in a three so surprised Tyrique didn't start. Once Kieran was sent off (very harsh imo) we were always going to be up against it and although George dropped back into midfield i didn't think this would work either and it proved to be the case, but to be fair we were always in the game but it wasn't great against a very average Chippenham side (and yes they beat us).

It's so frustrating that our performances can vary so much form week to week but we are about where i thought we would be in the table but with just a little more consistency we could be in a much better position.

Good to see Ade back on the score sheet with a well taken goal and i went for Kalvin as MOTM.

We have used a few players and a settled side is good because it generally means you are playing well but It wasn't long ago that i remember people moaning when TB used the same players every week :lol: :lol: We have been very unlucky with injuries this season especially at the back and seem to have a curse on the full back position as Wynts went off injured as well yesterday so hope its not serious.

Need a much better performance Tuesday against Chelmsford.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Kebabus wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:01 am Great day out off the pitch.

I said during the week it’s no good beating the top team them coming away and not reaching the heights, very disappointing. The free kick leading to one of their goals was not one.

Tea was flat, fans missing, poor turnout, the youth need to seek out the train station.

No Kingy, wish him well, no real passion and well nothing else to say.

No Kingy? Why was he not there