No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

JCJ

Re: Dartford v Welling United Sat 5 Feb 2022

Post by JCJ »

Perfect week for the Darts but a tough couple of weeks to come
I thought we made some silly mistakes at the back yesterday and had a feeling it was going to go the wrong way but the boys pulled it round and in the end it was quite easy but not meant in a way to be disrespectful to Welling because they gave it a good go.

4 great goals yesterday the best in my opinion was Marcus second goal a great curling shot into the goal, also Luke goal that hit the post then goes in a couple of weeks ago that would have hit post and out for a goal kick hopefully we are getting the rub of the green now, Thought Ade made a difference when he came on and works really hard for the team and he set up the shot for Luke,

Interesting week coming up if Kingys interview is anything to go by with 4 or 5 new players coming in but surely some players will move on not sure if Josh Clarke or Michael Keenan are still with the club? Not heard anything from them for awhile unless I missed it.

Hope Tom Bonner injury is not to bad as I felt we missed him yesterday, Dan Roberts needs game time to get confidence back up as I think he will be great asset in the future so maybe a couple of months out on loan to get confidence back up will help.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

When the board went up for the first substitution I thought we'd be seeing Marcus going off but was glad SK stuck with him and Ade and Marcus worked well together. This is no downer on Jake but I did think that Marcus and him were not working well.
Three/four players stood out for me Luke, Marcus, Jack and Conor with Kai having a good first half. I did think that Kory was having a Mare of a game, the first twenty he was awful. I do think they could do with a little less watering before the game as some players were slipping and sliding all over the place and was probably the main culprit on one of their goals.
A well organised Welling side (to be expected with Peter in charge) but did feel we were far too good for them even with the lack of Tom at the back. A scorcher from Luke and a well taken second for Marcus put the game to bed.
Thought that once we were over the jitters Conor was superb and gets my MOTM.
Nice to chat with Brassneck after finding out who he is.
Onwards to Havant, as said the games seem to get harder and the players must be feeling it.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

What a great last 8 days with three derby games and 3 victories, have we ever done that before??

Credit to Welling who were a completely different proposition to the first game against them and looked much better, we had to battle to get the result but our finishing was very good today and eventually ran out deserved winners.

First half defensively we weren't at our best but when you consider how many defenders we have injured and not being able to play a settled back line for ages it was not really surprising. However second half we settled down and looked much better.
Going forward we looked a real threat and scored four very good goals and could have had a few more.

Good to see Connor and Ade back as i thought they would still be missing for some time and if Connor hadn't recovered we would have been in real trouble defensively.

MOTM - Jordan had another good game, Jack is playing arguably his best football since being at the club, Luke had a great game and a scored a cracker and Marcus with two quality finishes. In the end went for Luke who is getting stronger each game.

Really surprised how big the attendance was and the support from the lads behind the goal was excellent again.
Last edited by Park Life on Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:46 pm When the board went up for the first substitution I thought we'd be seeing Marcus going off but was glad SK stuck with him and Ade and Marcus worked well together. This is no downer on Jake but I did think that Marcus and him were not working well.
Three/four players stood out for me Luke, Marcus, Jack and Conor with Kai having a good first half. I did think that Kory was having a Mare of a game, the first twenty he was awful. I do think they could do with a little less watering before the game as some players were slipping and sliding all over the place and was probably the main culprit on one of their goals.
A well organised Welling side (to be expected with Peter in charge) but did feel we were far too good for them even with the lack of Tom at the back. A scorcher from Luke and a well taken second for Marcus put the game to bed.
Thought that once we were over the jitters Conor was superb and gets my MOTM.
Nice to chat with Brassneck after finding out who he is.
Onwards to Havant, as said the games seem to get harder and the players must be feeling it.
Good to meet you to Ozy.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Everything has almost been said but just to reiterate two silly mistakes at the back gifted them two goals but we came back to equalise on both occasions so half time I was uncertain which way it would go.
But we were a different team in the second half putting on more pressure as the game progressed but to be fair Welling still went looking for goals which gave us chances and the two we scored both from cracking shots should have satisfied us fans behind the goal who tend to ask each other quite often why didn't he shoot. :lol:
Well done Darts and interesting to hear 4-5 new players coming in which will no doubt provide information for debate on this Website as to which other players we might let go of or send out on loan or replace those carrying injuries, so we will see how it comes out but the new guys will hopefully strengthen the positions that we seem to be struggling with at the moment.
rambo

Post by rambo »

It was nice to win again
We had to fight back from goals that were gifted but at 2-2 I was certain we would win the game
I am glad Kory did not crumble after his mistakes, he showed real character and from about 20 minutes he really played well
It was good to see some wing play a bit when Danny was on
However once kingy made the subs there was no looking back George porter kept at least two welling players occupied as well as the ref while he was on
Ade was sensational with a knock down for Luke’s goal and for the 4th goal he moved the ball well from left to right for Marcus to get the brilliant 4th goal
Best thing was seeing Steve King looking very happy and I hope that rubs off on the squad for the rest of the season
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Just before kick off someone asked me who the new guy was at the back.
I replied Kory Roberts, a great signing from Bromley who has settled in well, a good reader of the game, with great composure on the ball.
Fast forward to 19 minutes on the score board, by which time I was feeling like a comedian making his debut infront a live audience and no one was laughing.
By that time Kory had laid Welling's first goal on a plate, sent a hospital ball to Dan Wilkes and initiated the cock up leading to the penalty.
However, I totally agree with Rambo. Although I did feel Kory looked like he'd rather not have the ball for several minutes after the trio of calamities, he did eventually pull himself together and was certainly back to himself by the second half.
A lesser man would have crumbled after that and would have likely been substituted, which would have been a real confidence blow.
In the end he showed great character in putting his personal nightmare behind him and got on with the game like a true professional.

MOTM I've given to Luke Allen. His goal was the crucial one as it put us in the lead for the first time during the match.
I always felt if we got our noses infront I couldn't see us not winning the game.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

After shipping two sloppy/suicidal goals I thought that it wasn't going to be our day. However, the lads showed class and turned things around thankfully. I agree with the comments about Kory's nightmare start in the game but settled and played well for the rest of the game. Great goals but my MoM goes to Connor Essam outstanding at the back and especially difficult without Bonner and getting used to a new central defence partner. In any other season Welling would be staring at relegation but with one club going down they should be safe but they are not a bad side at all and shows just how tough the league is this season.

COYD
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Agree regarding Kory our loanee from Bromley
After a terrible 1st 20 minutes he put his errors behind him and produced a professional performance for the rest of the game.
I could not see Welling scoring in the 2nd half ,lots of huff And puff but they didn't really trouble us.
It was all about whether we could find the onion bag and boy did we.....2 cracking efforts from Luke and our new loanee.
There is a long way to go.but all we can do is win our games and enjoy the ride.

I don't know where all the lads and lasses behind the goal have come from but they are giving great support to the team.
Keep it up
Unbelievable support!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I initially though that Che Krabbendam who was on our bench was an Academy lad but it seems he is a 22year old Dutch lad who played for Welling 15 times [ 2 goals] , presumably thats how Kingy knows him , wonder If he is one of our new [ 5] signings ???
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The Duke wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:58 am I initially though that Che Krabbendam who was on our bench was an Academy lad but it seems he is a 22year old Dutch lad who played for Welling 15 times [ 2 goals] , presumably thats how Kingy knows him , wonder If he is one of our new [ 5] signings ???
He was actually in the programme as a welling player!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

When you get used to two big guys at the back Kory looks skinny. He gets high and is not afraid of getting stuck in and putting his head into sticky situations. Apart from his twenty minutes against Welling he put up a good show.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Have to say the recent support from behind the goal has been nothing but class, really what the players need at this stage of the season. I really hope it's not just because of the derby matches and that it can continue for the rest of the season and beyond. Just hope they don't get silly and a small number ruin it.

On to Havant, big game.