Total votes: 37

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Hampton & Richmond Sat 22nd Jan 2022 - 3pm

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Come on M1 even you must have enjoyed those two lads up front running us ragged when they got the ball. Although a houseboat is still tempting.
I don't mind giving credit where credit is due but did feel that if we'd got the next goal when going ahead on both occasions we'd have wrapped it up. But as said, they frightened us when going forward.
Why would I need a houseboat when I live near the sea? :D I actually thought it was an entertaining game, we gave it our best shot but in the end we truly missed Noor and weren't good enough. :o
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:19 pm Come on M1 even you must have enjoyed those two lads up front running us ragged when they got the ball. Although a houseboat is still tempting.
I don't mind giving credit where credit is due but did feel that if we'd got the next goal when going ahead on both occasions we'd have wrapped it up. But as said, they frightened us when going forward.
Why would I need a houseboat when I live near the sea? :D I actually thought it was an entertaining game, we gave it our best shot but in the end we truly missed Noor and weren't good enough. :o
As good a player as Noor is Ozy, I'm not sure I go along with the notion that Saturday's disappointment was due to his absence. We created enough chances to have won but we've been having problems putting games to bed for several weeks now and Saturday was no different. It's not as if it was all going so well before he left. If anything, I actually thought our first half performance was a little bit better than in recent games as, like in our early season games, we had plenty of width and it was exciting to see us score twice plus we could and should have had a few more. Yet once again we failed to finish the job and Hampton started to realise they could get a result and in the end we were clinging on for the draw! Quite a few of our games have been going this way recently so although Noor was one of our very best players, I'm not convinced we should be using his departure as an excuse for problems we already had.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I agree Spike, we were improving from week to week. Admittedly losing Noor was a blip. But as said we are not a one player team and should go on with the improvement.
By the way, nice to see your little brother and have a chat at half time. Must admit though, you are the handsome one in the family.
Hope the team carry on and take the slow improvement to Needham Market so we can get a good result up there and maybe a giant killing in the QF's