Total votes: 18

Eagle88

Re: Fa Trophy 5th round Needham Market v Dartford Sat 12 Feb 2022

Post by Eagle88 »

Normal service has resumed!
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 pm We have every right to be frustrated, but let's not overreact like some people on twitter.

We're 7 points behind Dorking with a game in hand and we still have Dorking and Maidstone to come to Princes Park. There's plenty of time left in this season to make sure it's not a failure and we need to support the team like we saw at the Welling and Ebbsfleet games.

Promotion is the aim at the end of the day, this trophy would've been a bonus.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Dave T wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:10 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 pm We have every right to be frustrated, but let's not overreact like some people on twitter.

We're 7 points behind Dorking with a game in hand and we still have Dorking and Maidstone to come to Princes Park. There's plenty of time left in this season to make sure it's not a failure and we need to support the team like we saw at the Welling and Ebbsfleet games.

???
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:11 pm

???
Have you been hacked 😂😂
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

What a dreadful performance today. There is something about Suffolk and the officials that ply their trade in Suffolk that makes it pointless travelling to play there. However, top marks to the officials and helpers who made us very welcome and did a great job facing a crowd much larger than they are used to.

I am not sure what happened on the pitch, but we did not seem able to string more than three passes together at any stage and we were feeding on scraps. We never had any decent possession and the reason may be that whenever we challenged for the ball, we were penalised. If we shielded the ball, we were penalised. It meant that we were never able to get a foothold in the game. I may be wrong, but I do not believe we were awarded one free kick in the first half. We were awarded just one in the second half, just on the half way line. That does not make sense to me. We were given two, maybe three yellow cards, yet there was not a bad challenge in the game. Even with this great advantage, Needham could not score. Better give them a penalty then. From a corner a striker falls theatrically to his knees and the penalty is given. Dan almost saved it, but if he had I expect the ref would have let them take it again.

Sadly this was not a football match. Cant wait to see a real match of football again soon.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

So disappointed with the performance today I wasn’t going to bother with a MOTM vote , but just for effort it has to be IMO Danny Leonard .
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Very disappointed with the display today murtagh as captain doesn't work continuously I was shouting come on murts let's hear you not once encouraging words the ref was no better than a Sunday league ref who from min 1 was on home side sides robbo rans socks of Leonard wanted ball very rarely got it pitch was awful so was darts 1st touch where was the confidence on the ball today

Onto the league let's get back behind the boys
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Difficult conditions with a very strong wind blowing down the pitch, which seemed bobbly, but no excuse for such a disappointing disjointed effort. No help from ref, but we wasted too much effort moaning and contesting fouls and yellow cards. Fairly even first half, then fell away until the last 2 late subs injected a bit of effort and a header just wide in injury time.

We move on and hope to recover at Hungerford. Good luck to Needham Market on their historic Trophy run.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

BrianL wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:57 pm Good luck to Needham Market on their historic Trophy run.
[He said through gritted teeth]
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That was a horrendous pitch, what with the swirling wind you couldn’t play football on that!
We should have gone route one from the off, they obviously did!!
Some strange decisions from the officials, think he booked about 5 or 6 of ours & seemed to have it in for Azeez!!
But they are in the last 8 & we’re not!!
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:13 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:11 pm

???
Have you been hacked 😂😂
My point exactly Dean 😁😁😁😁
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Midnight - and only 4 votes for MOTM. Speaks volumes. :(
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Unless I’ve got it wrong, NMFC have erected “the HUB” since we last visited. This is a building which doubles as relief for the existing bar plus match officials area and private function room. Given that there was at least twice as many fans as our last visit and I suspect over three times their usual attendance, this seemed like a smart move. However, if Needham Market are drawn at home in the next round and / or climb the leagues, they are most likely going to have to review the use of “the HUB”, since at best it provides the above and a nice view of the game with a drink, but can also readily become a watchtower from which to goad and verbally abuse people in the wrong occupancy.
The fracas which broke out between the watchtower and clubhouse yesterday was an absolute disgrace, but will happen again unless NM can cut their crowds to 300 home plus a couple of dozen visitors. It’s not the clubs fault per se, but all it takes is a few too many drinks in the wrong personnel and the gaff will be flooded with police again like yesterday. Thankfully, I don’t think anyone was badly hurt, although there were a few bruises and scrapes to some very unlikely (and undeserving) parties; the fact that it all happened around a ping pong table made it all the more bizarre.
Good luck to the Marketmen in their run, I assume they played some better football at Huish Park and against Wealdstone (unless both of those teams had very bad days too), they will not get a better chance of progressing if their next opponents play like we did. As others have suggested - another day in Suffolk to forget, although I don’t think we will for a while…
Spike

Post by Spike »

Good luck to Needham, they were worthy winners. Other than that, the less said about yesterday's debacle the better. Tuesday can't come quick enough.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We missed Tom Bonners influence yesterday, the guy is a leader on and off the field.

Hungerford here we come.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pen or not???? :x :x It looks like some of their players are laughing.

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

A very iffy penalty but we didn't turn up and got what our lack of ideas deserved.
On too more important matters ie. Promotion
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Agree with Spike the least said about the game yesterday the better.
The best entertainment for me was the arrival of four response vehicles at the bowls and cricket club where we were parked, and where the two supporters coaches were also parked up. The scene was like Keystone Cops as officers flooded this area, running around like headless chickens looking for "the trouble", then setting off the wrong way up a cul de sac! Disgraceful of course that they needed to be called out, and I imagine the fire was out by the time they found the ground. Just hope none of ours were involved, hurt or in trouble.
Good luck to Needham who seemed more up for yesterday, and their set up should they be drawn at home in the quarters.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Be remiss of me not to mention the pleasure of seeing Mr. Keith Lard at the game yesterday. It’s been years and was genuinely lovely to catch up with the Lardster.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match Highlights:-