Ronnie Vint (Sub)
No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 35

Dart of Herts

Re: FA Trophy 4th round Dartford v Weymouth Sat 15 Jan 2022

Post by Dart of Herts »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 pm Dart of Herts, yes, a nice easy one into the QF's. Like AFC Sudbury you mean?
Yea what happened in that game again?? 😬

I guess I mean that I’d rather face a big NL team later in the competition, but as has been said: no guarantees at this (or any) stage, whoever we play!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I think almost every one on here has covered the game with the same opinions, 1st Half back to pre-Sudbury, a great strike for a goal, 2nd Half post Sudbury, a referee of 2 halves, 2 disallowed goals with question marks over the decisions, a late tackle that deserved a red card, M.O.M. Dan Wilks and at the end of the day we won.
The attendance given seemed low but to me it looked about right and with everyone having to pay then a few bob in the bank even if we have had to share it.
A very good result thoroughly deserved and in the hat for Mondays draw and I don't mind who we get
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

As people have mentioned a game of two halves, but we are in the draw today and that is all that counts,

Great goal by Jebb,

Would like to progress further so maybe a nice home draw next round but think on our day we are capable to go away to any National League side and cause an upset.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Happy with the result, and it was great to hear we playe better first half. Hopefully that will continue.

As for the draw, let's have a home draw against anyone. It's time we went back to Wembley.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought Ade's lob of the keeper looked very tight. Seemed to from behind the defender.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

First tame in a while that I have really enjoyed watching. The effort and improvement was evident from the start, good movement and chasing down to get the ball back when we lost possession (from the front to the back line). In the second half we managed to hang in there against a fitter side. Thought the ref had an ok game, but missed too many fouls against us in the second half, but as a whole let the game flow.

MOM Dan, for keeping us ahead, when it looked odds on against him. But plenty of others, namely Ade who I thought was really covering some ground to defend as well as attack, and looked unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

let's take this on to the next round and the league.
COYDSssss
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm Thought Ade's lob of the keeper looked very tight. Seemed to from behind the defender.
I spent half an hour last night, freezing the frame and blowing up the picture but the angle on the video isn't perfect and it really was so tight that I still couldn't make my mind up. Thankfully it doesn't matter too much. Hopefully we'll catch a break with the next marginal decision in the next round.