Ronnie Vint (Sub)
No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 35

Jonty

Re: FA Trophy 4th round Dartford v Weymouth Sat 15 Jan 2022

Post by Jonty »

A very much-improved performance and against higher-level opposition with everyone chipping in, especially from a defensive perspective in the second half. Good to see that Cobra Kai has hit the ground running and he looked a threat all game and it was his run into the box that resulted in our goal, which Jebb took really well. Standing just to the right behind the goal, it looked like the ball was initially going wide but the sidespin (Magnus Effect) managed to evade the keeper's hand and sneak inside the post. Also, a mention to Kieran, who had his best game in a DFC shirt since early season but my MoM goes to Dan, who caught everything and that save in the second half was reminiscent of Bettinelli's.

The trophy has been a welcome distraction from the bread & butter of the league and long may it continue. I'm quite happy to settle for a draw against the lowest placed team remaining in the competition but I think we will end up being paired with Boreham Wood. Looking forward to the draw tomorrow on TalkSport2 at 3.15 pm.
Last edited by Jonty on Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Any news on Noor Husin's injury?
Dart of Herts, yes, a nice easy one into the QF's. Like AFC Sudbury you mean?
Let's hope we carry on the improvement for the NEXT game.
COYD's :roll: :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Look's like the voting is a no brainer. :D
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

The FAT hasn’t got the allure of the old days but we are well into this now. 8 National sides out too. Any home draw will do but if it’s away, Morpeth will do eh
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1vOGwyBqWbWxB
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

We are ball 10 in tomorrow’s draw.
live on talkSPORT2 radio on 'The Social' show at around 3.15pm.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jack Jebb's goal:-

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match Highlights:-

Spike

Post by Spike »

The match was a microcosm of the season so far with half-time representing the Sudbury game. Two halves that were so different it was hard to believe we were watching the same two teams. I think the same could be said about the officiating as the ref we had first half was doing a decent job but he seemed to have been replaced by a very poor substitute in the second.

Darts were scintillating first half and probably deserved to be further in front, but then it's nobody else's fault that we missed those chances so ultimately I guess we can't complain and the 1-0 half-time lead was was exactly what we had earned. By the same token though, Weymouth may have dominated most of the play in the second period, but they were unable to break down our resolute defence and even when they did, Dan Wilks once again proved to be an impenetrable barrier. And despite Weymouth's territorial dominance in that half, the fact is that Darts could easily have nicked a goal or two and put the result beyond doubt.

In the end, the result was a fair reflection of the game and it was a decent scalp. The first half performance was the best football we've played since those magical early season games and the second half gave our defence the chance to show just how good they can be when our backs are against the wall.

Steve King's post match interview was very fair. All things considered, this was a very good performance.

My MOTM (for the second game in a row) was DAN WILKS.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Just watched the highlights and it looked a good performance but obviously the highlights don’t show the bad bits as well which sounds like it was the second half.
An excellent result all the same and into the next round we go. From looking at the video it looked a very tight decision as to whether Jake was offside or not when he scored but it definitely looked as though Ade was played onside by the Weymouth fullback and Ade just out run him on the outside to score what should’ve been a perfectly good goal.
As for that challenge on Jebb which the referee waived play on, from the video footage it looked a clear red card as the guy jumped in studs up on Jack. He should’ve been having an early bath, disgraceful decision by the referee.
An excellent strike from Jebb to score the winning goal of the game.

Some more top quality superb saves from Dan Wilkes as well to keep Weymouth out and win us the game.

Well Done Darts let’s keep up the 1st half performance for 90 minutes now.
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 pm Dart of Herts, yes, a nice easy one into the QF's. Like AFC Sudbury you mean?
Yea what happened in that game again?? 😬

I guess I mean that I’d rather face a big NL team later in the competition, but as has been said: no guarantees at this (or any) stage, whoever we play!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I think almost every one on here has covered the game with the same opinions, 1st Half back to pre-Sudbury, a great strike for a goal, 2nd Half post Sudbury, a referee of 2 halves, 2 disallowed goals with question marks over the decisions, a late tackle that deserved a red card, M.O.M. Dan Wilks and at the end of the day we won.
The attendance given seemed low but to me it looked about right and with everyone having to pay then a few bob in the bank even if we have had to share it.
A very good result thoroughly deserved and in the hat for Mondays draw and I don't mind who we get
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

As people have mentioned a game of two halves, but we are in the draw today and that is all that counts,

Great goal by Jebb,

Would like to progress further so maybe a nice home draw next round but think on our day we are capable to go away to any National League side and cause an upset.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Happy with the result, and it was great to hear we playe better first half. Hopefully that will continue.

As for the draw, let's have a home draw against anyone. It's time we went back to Wembley.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought Ade's lob of the keeper looked very tight. Seemed to from behind the defender.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

First tame in a while that I have really enjoyed watching. The effort and improvement was evident from the start, good movement and chasing down to get the ball back when we lost possession (from the front to the back line). In the second half we managed to hang in there against a fitter side. Thought the ref had an ok game, but missed too many fouls against us in the second half, but as a whole let the game flow.

MOM Dan, for keeping us ahead, when it looked odds on against him. But plenty of others, namely Ade who I thought was really covering some ground to defend as well as attack, and looked unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

let's take this on to the next round and the league.
COYDSssss
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm Thought Ade's lob of the keeper looked very tight. Seemed to from behind the defender.
I spent half an hour last night, freezing the frame and blowing up the picture but the angle on the video isn't perfect and it really was so tight that I still couldn't make my mind up. Thankfully it doesn't matter too much. Hopefully we'll catch a break with the next marginal decision in the next round.