News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:36 pm Justice for Dorking!
And Ebbsfleet!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

No doubt Fleet were the better side for the first 90 minutes. Robbed. :shock:
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

I can't imagine how much that hurt. They still had the chance to win though on extra time so perhaps a little less moaning about the extra couple of minutes added in fairness due to their own fans celebrations.
Proper that the top two went up.Spare a thought for Brackley in the north who were 22 points ahead of York. This is not what leagues should be about.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Well done to Dorking as " their never say die " team spirit got them over the line and based on the whole season they deserved it ,Fleet probably played the best " football " I have seen this season but just lack that killer instinct , we did ok getting into the play offs but Kingy has seen whats needed and his recruitment policy for next season will be a major factor in what I believe will be more difficult than this season with teams like Dover , Weymouth and Taunton coming in along with current batch of Ebbsfleet, Havant [ cant believe they can be as bad again ] Chippenham and Oxford , looking forward to what should be a great season of football with the extra games !!!!!
Sleightly Deceptive

The Duke wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:49 am Well done to Dorking as " their never say die " team spirit got them over the line and based on the whole season they deserved it ,Fleet probably played the best " football " I have seen this season but just lack that killer instinct , we did ok getting into the play offs but Kingy has seen whats needed and his recruitment policy for next season will be a major factor in what I believe will be more difficult than this season with teams like Dover , Weymouth and Taunton coming in along with current batch of Ebbsfleet, Havant [ cant believe they can be as bad again ] Chippenham and Oxford , looking forward to what should be a great season of football with the extra games !!!!!
My thoughts exactly. It’s gonna be an amazing league next season. No easy games. Apart from Welling. 😂
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Congratulations to Dorking Wanderers. It will be interesting to see how they cope next season.
I think Worthing need a mention also as they were running away with the Isthmian Premier on three occasions (two interrupted by covid). Happy to get over the line at long last. A team to watch.
Sleightly Deceptive

ozymandias wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm Congratulations to Dorking Wanderers. It will be interesting to see how they cope next season.
I think Worthing need a mention also as they were running away with the Isthmian Premier on three occasions (two interrupted by covid). Happy to get over the line at long last. A team to watch.
Worthing away - last game of the season?
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Blimey its not that long ago we would have regarded ourselves as superior in all things to Bromley FC but yesterday they won the FA Trophy in front of 46000 at Wembley. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to knock on the door of the football league and emulate Sutton Utd. I wonder where their finance is coming from?
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

tommytollbooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am Blimey its not that long ago we would have regarded ourselves as superior in all things to Bromley FC but yesterday they won the FA Trophy in front of 46000 at Wembley. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to knock on the door of the football league and emulate Sutton Utd. I wonder where their finance is coming from?
https://www.bromleyfc.tv/site/robin-stanton-gleaves/#
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Didn't see the result until you told me. Well Done Bromley. :)
Harry

Post by Harry »

Brilliant for Bromley, just shows what can be done locally, not to long ago we were facing Sutton and beating them 6 - 1 !

I can remember us playing Forest Green Rovers at Erith and Belvedere old ground, some significant investment made. I wonder if Dorking will be next !
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

i see Tommy Wood has left Tonbridge for a club closer to work.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

The Duke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm Perhaps there is some decency if Football after all , Tonbridge have cancelled the end of season presentations at the Players request , it seems they are p.....d off at McKimms departure and a large number of fans are calling for him to be reinstated , obviously NOT going to happen as he would tell them to F.... Off , it seems [ allegedly ] that a newly installed Director has Delusions of Grandeer " and was behind the sacking so hopefully she will get her just reward and then no doubt disappear but NOT before she has left them in the mire !!
Full marks to the Tonbridge Players , I am willing to bet that many will NOT be there next season

Add to that the stupid sacking of Darren Blackburn at Sittingbourne as he would be too busy building an extension to his house and KENT doesnt come out with much credit this week
Darren Blackburn is now part of the management team at Hythe Town FC, he was appointed by their new manager Steve Watt.
Certainly a step up from Sittingbourne.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

KingKong wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm i see Tommy Wood has left Tonbridge for a club closer to work.
Do you know Tommy Wood?
V184

Post by V184 »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:28 am
The Duke wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm Perhaps there is some decency if Football after all , Tonbridge have cancelled the end of season presentations at the Players request , it seems they are p.....d off at McKimms departure and a large number of fans are calling for him to be reinstated , obviously NOT going to happen as he would tell them to F.... Off , it seems [ allegedly ] that a newly installed Director has Delusions of Grandeer " and was behind the sacking so hopefully she will get her just reward and then no doubt disappear but NOT before she has left them in the mire !!
Full marks to the Tonbridge Players , I am willing to bet that many will NOT be there next season

Add to that the stupid sacking of Darren Blackburn at Sittingbourne as he would be too busy building an extension to his house and KENT doesnt come out with much credit this week
Darren Blackburn is now part of the management team at Hythe Town FC, he was appointed by their new manager Steve Watt.
Certainly a step up from Sittingbourne.
OMG Watt back at Hythe :o strange decision thought he legged it when the money ran out
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Jason Prior leaving Dorking Wanderers as family commitment will NOT allow him the travel in the National Premier , with him and Jeffers [ rumoured to be leaving St Albans ] what team would NOT love to sign that pair ?????
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

The Duke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:55 am Jason Prior leaving Dorking Wanderers as family commitment will NOT allow him the travel in the National Premier , with him and Jeffers [ rumoured to be leaving St Albans ] what team would NOT love to sign that pair ?????
Would love them both at the DFC
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

JCJ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 pm
The Duke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:55 am Jason Prior leaving Dorking Wanderers as family commitment will NOT allow him the travel in the National Premier , with him and Jeffers [ rumoured to be leaving St Albans ] what team would NOT love to sign that pair ?????
Would love them both at the DFC
Not sure if he was fully fit or not but prior didn’t exactly set the world on fire when he was here previously
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

DA Mikey wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 am
KingKong wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm i see Tommy Wood has left Tonbridge for a club closer to work.
Do you know Tommy Wood?
Personally?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Jason had suffered a major injury before he came to us. Top class player and usually scores against the Darts. Don't think he was all that happy playing for them.