News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Mark Sweet

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Mark Sweet »

The amount of lifelines we are being given by other results. A shame we cannot take the opportunities presented to us.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Oh yeah, Mark. Like we're really going to do a job on Yeovil Saturday and Eastbourne will let it all slip up against the Chips. :?:
Not.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:24 pm The amount of lifelines we are being given by other results. A shame we cannot take the opportunities presented to us.

I don’t think he meant that, I think he’s alluding to the other many results that have gone our way only for us to screw up the opportunity to gain ground, it’s happened many times.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:15 am Oh yeah, Mark. Like we're really going to do a job on Yeovil Saturday and Eastbourne will let it all slip up against the Chips. :?:
Not.
Not talking about Yeovil. How many poor performances have we put in recent weeks when we've had opportunities against lower teams. Hemel, Truro, Eastbourne, Taunton. 3 of those being against teams around us who we are now praying have a monumental collapse

We have left it too late to salvage it.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm sorry about that, I thought you meant that Taunton are trying their hardest to help us out and that you expected some sort of miracle down at Yeovil now.
I meant it was all a bit too late.
If anyone thinks or is hoping Yeovil will do us any favours having wrapped up promotion and the championship and are going to party on Saturday had better think again.
I think it will be a showcase game of football and they will deliver for the crowd.
Sadly there will be little sympathy for our predicament.
Apologies.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Full respect to the Darts fans who are going today as really the Team doesnt deserve it based on the seasons performances {?} , I have written the season of although I will be at PP for the Truro game for some banter with the regular lads , no real interest in the game unless Ade plays several Academy lads and certainly will NOT be staying afterwards to see who wins the "Player[?] of the season }

For me , it ALL starts whatever League we will be in and IF Ade [ or any other decent Manager ] is in charge and doing a great job[ eg recruitment / promoting Academy lads etc] then I am 100% on board and will buy a season ticket[ once again] in good faith !!!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Another point deduction for Torquay today, fielding an eligible player!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Ade Pennock now saying he hopes that Yeovil will be celebrating right up to Saturday 3pm.
Also admitting that we have lacked quality.
One hopes, whatever the outcome, he will sort out the problem good and proper in the summer 🌞.
At the moment I'm hoping that the Yeovil squad are legless on Saturday
KentC

Post by KentC »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:28 pm Another point deduction for Torquay today, fielding an eligible player!

Obviously gonna finish in relegation zone but gotta get the highest spot in it, it’s crucial, you never know.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:28 pm Another point deduction for Torquay today, fielding an eligible player!
Shame it's only one point not another 10!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I can't believe the National League. It was weeks ago that I mentioned on this Forum that Torquay would be deducted a point for fielding an ineligible player against Aveley. Taking so much time over this and the Slough v Bath abandonment is a joke - especially at the business end of the season.
KentC

Post by KentC »

While it’s devastation for us there’s an interesting battle for the last relegation spot between Eastbourne and Taunton
Skip

Post by Skip »

KentC wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 am While it’s devastation for us there’s an interesting battle for the last relegation spot between Eastbourne and Taunton
I don’t think Hemel or Torquay are out of the equation either, Kent.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Especially as Hemel's last game (their only one) is away at Taunton! Torquay do have the potential saving grace that their last game is at home to Havant and Waterlooville.

Thinking of going to Taunton next Saturday to cheer Dowse on to a double success!!! LOL
Skip

Post by Skip »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 am Especially as Hemel's last game (their only one) is away at Taunton! Torquay do have the potential saving grace that their last game is at home to Havant and Waterlooville.

Thinking of going to Taunton next Saturday to cheer Dowse on to a double success!!! LOL
Is that match actually being played at Taunton or Gloucester?
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Taunton are at home to Torquay on Tuesday. Defeat for Torquay would put them in the bottom four.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Futures White wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:35 am Taunton are at home to Torquay on Tuesday. Defeat for Torquay would put them in the bottom four.
That’s a massive game.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Hemel Hempstead Club Statement: Alan Dowson

https://www.hemelfc.com/post/club-state ... owson?s=09

They'll probably stay up now....
Skip

Post by Skip »

Park Life wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:15 pm Hemel Hempstead Club Statement: Alan Dowson

https://www.hemelfc.com/post/club-state ... owson?s=09

They'll probably stay up now....
I heard he’s taken over a karaoke bar in the north east…
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Well done Hemel , you didnt take long to work him out and [ unlike others ] acted swiftly !!!!