News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

PeteSamson

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by PeteSamson »

The standard of the whole Conference has improved since the Darts were last in the National division, and the costs of being in it must be horrendous. Just looking at the bottom placings and accompanying Maidstone there are Aldershot, Oldham, Gateshead, Torquay, and Scunthorpe. All of whom have fallen through the trap door from the EFL and struggling in the non league environment, with many of them having had previous financial difficulties whilst in the EFL.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Ebbsfleet 2-0 Chelmsford

They seem to have found some form again
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

They’ve now gone back top on goal difference with 2 games in hand.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Can we not play them twice more??
edward

Post by edward »

M1 South wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:46 am Can we not play them twice more??
I think Darts should be grateful playing them at that time tbh.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

All we can do is concentrate on our own fixtures of course. There will be slip ups like last Saturday for all teams but of course it would be good if we could go on another good run to keep the pressure on. Ebbsfleet had two wins over average sides Weymouth and Dover but the win over Chelmsford was a good win for them. So, glad we got our fixtures with Ebbsfleet out of the way.
COYD
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Pedro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:54 am All we can do is concentrate on our own fixtures of course. There will be slip ups like last Saturday for all teams but of course it would be good if we could go on another good run to keep the pressure on. Ebbsfleet had two wins over average sides Weymouth and Dover but the win over Chelmsford was a good win for them. So, glad we got our fixtures with Ebbsfleet out of the way.
COYD
Quite right we have to take each game at a time, as much as Saturday was a disappointment we have gone on good runs after a defeat hopefully we can do the same again,

Going to be slip up by the four teams I consider to be in the running to win the league, Chelmsford is one of them teams and they have got to play us and Havant away and Ebbsfleet at home, plus Havant and Ebbsfleet need to play each other plus these two teams need to play Bath away, Havant have got to play St Albans twice and Ebbsfleet are away to Farnborough this weekend.

Plenty of twist and turns to come yet, after the start we had i'm very happy to be in the position we find ourself in now , just need to take one game at a time and you never know what we might be celebrating at the end of the season.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Pedro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:54 am All we can do is concentrate on our own fixtures of course. There will be slip ups like last Saturday for all teams but of course it would be good if we could go on another good run to keep the pressure on. Ebbsfleet had two wins over average sides Weymouth and Dover but the win over Chelmsford was a good win for them. So, glad we got our fixtures with Ebbsfleet out of the way.
COYD

Completely agree with you, if I'm being completely honest Dowse and the team have so far exceeded my expectations, I wasn't expecting to be pushing for a title challenge and at the start of the season would've been more than happy with playoffs considering the circumstances of Dowse coming in late and having to rebuild.
Skip

Post by Skip »

edward wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:15 am
M1 South wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:46 am Can we not play them twice more??
I think Darts should be grateful playing them at that time tbh.
I think Ebbsfleet should be thankful that we aren’t full time like them. Imagine what carnage there would have been?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Gordon Greenidge who is on loan from Hemel to tonbridge angels and has scored 10 goals in 11 games is due for a loan extension from Feb 6th , seems he doesnt want to go back to Hemel , time for Dowse to have a chat with him about joining the Darts [ again !!]
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:54 pm Gordon Greenidge who is on loan from Hemel to tonbridge
I thought Gordon Greenidge used to be a cricketer for the West Indies? :D
I think you may mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Greenidge
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Jordan is a big strong lad and unbelievably only 23 and certainly wouldn't mind with his app to goals ratio. He would have to play though if Alex does not I feel.

COYD
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Dulwich Hamlet forward Jayden Clarke has signed for Gillingham.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’m pretty sure Gordon is his Grandad!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Wall and Greenidge together would frighten most centre backs and score goals with right service - a tasty thought !!!!!!!!!!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Dover v H&W called off at 1.20 due to a frozen pitch and H&W are far from impressed with the hosts.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/spor ... nt-280854/
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Chelmsford v Slough off tonight.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Might be NLS news next season ;) ;)