David Andrews - Lincoln Exile RIP

Gary C

David Andrews - Lincoln Exile RIP

Post by Gary C »

It is my unfortunate and sad duty to pass on the news (via Steve Irving) that David has passed away some time last week. His funeral is scheduled for the 1st December 2021 (I don't have any other details currently). I very much enjoyed my chats with David over the years whenever he was down from Lincoln, and will miss his chats, and his posts on the forum.
Tall Dart

Re: David Andrews - Lincoln Exile RIP

Post by Tall Dart »

Gary C wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:50 pm It is my unfortunate and sad duty to pass on the news (via Steve Irving) that David has passed away some time last week. His funeral is scheduled for the 1st December 2021 (I don't have any other details currently). I very much enjoyed my chats with David over the years whenever he was down from Lincoln, and will miss his chats, and his posts on the forum.
Very sad news, thought are with his family and friends not sure if anyone can share a photo because I'm not sure I would recognise Lincoln or not.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Very sad news. Lincoln(Dave) always put sensible posts. Bless him, didn't know him, but he will be missed on here. RIP Dave.
Another bites the dust. :(
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I will miss his posts, sincere condolences to his family & friends.
Clare

Post by Clare »

Sad to hear this news. May you rest in peace David.

My thoughts are with his family & friends.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Erudite and interesting on this forum, LE will be missed here.
Like others, I’m unsure whether I would recognise him in person, so if there’s any chance of a pic it would be good.
RIP David, condolences to family and friends.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

David never registered on this new forum (at least not as Lincoln Exile) but I do remember seeing his avatar (which I have copied across) in many posts on the old one.

I never knew David, but it is still such a shock to lose yet another member of the valued DFC community.

May he RIP.

lincolnexile.jpg
lincolnexile.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Really nice guy ,I first bumped into him at a DFC Forum at PP and he was friendly and interesting and loved the Darts also I enjoyed his sensible posts and the banter

Sad news , may he RIP
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

I first meet Dave at Grimsby away, he put a message on the forum saying he would love to go to the game but couldn’t get back home after.
I offered him a lift back and became friends via the forum, like others have said he loved Dartford and followed them from a far.

RIP Dave you will be missed.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I never knew Dave but his forum posts were always well thought through. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Lincoln Exile.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Very sad news to read. Whilst I never knew Dave personally, he has been such a long time poster on PureDFC as Lincoln Exile, that you felt you knew him!

Also, as an Exile myself up on Merseyside, we recognised and supported each other on the forum, and often went to to say how we each bought season tickets, in support of the club, knowing that we would only manage to get to see a handful of games for our money.

He was always very supportive of the club, always thoughtful with his posts.

Rest in peace Dave
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Sorry to hear the news, another one of our family gone. I'm sure I would recognise him if a photo was put up. Echo others, his posts were sincere and from the heart. R.I.P. Lincoln Exile
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Another member of the DFC family gone, RIP Dave and condolences to the family.
LA Dart

Post by LA Dart »

Same for me, I always enjoyed Lincoln's posts. I felt like I could hear him delivering the words even though I don't think I ever met him in person.

RIP LE...

LA Dart