Danny Leonard (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Top Cat

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Sat 6 Nov 2021

Post by Top Cat »

We may still be top but this was no title chasing performance ? On any other day we could of lost this game but for some poor finishing by the Chippenham forwards ? So I would take this as a point gained rather than two dropped . Oxford next week and I really am not confident of three points judging by recent performances , but will keep the faith and hopefully SK can turn things round and get us back on track .
oranj

Post by oranj »

Looking at the positives- Ade looks very sharp and deserved his two goals. Jernade, although more conservative than usual (perhaps to balance out Wanadio being more attacking) was always a threat when he did get forward. Noor had moments of class as usual. And Luke Wanadio… clearly loves playing for the club and did his absolute best when being played out of position.

The team are in a bit of a slump, but looked a lot more confident once they ended the dry spell up front. A shame the defence couldn’t mirror the good attacking performance though. There’s light at the end of this very short tunnel! COYD!
Clare

Post by Clare »

Matt wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:39 pm Does anyone know the 50 / 50 numbers for today please?
Sorry, can’t remember the number off the top of my head but it has been claimed.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I did spot the 50/50 and the golden goal were displayed on the very swanky score board at half time, worth looking out for next time.

on the game, too many poor passes and sloppy defending cost us today, but thank god we have found our scoring boots. Much more to look forward to at the next game Saturday.

Coyds
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

did anyone hear the attendance?! would be good if that can get a showing on the scoreboard next game please.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Very disappointed we did not get three points
Appalled with the quality of defending
Liked that the players worked really hard
Took 30 minutes for Luke to understand the role but I thought he applied himself and was a real threat
Once Luke and Ade went off we were likely to be hit with a counter punch as we got too deep
Stevie Kings overcoat was fabulous
Let’s win next week
Zebraboy

Post by Zebraboy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:43 pm Top of the league but let’s not gloss over it. We were piss poor today with passes going astray again. Too often. We ‘nicked’ a lucky goal and spoon fed them three. They also missed three sitters and a 6-3 scoreline to Chippenham would have been about right. I’m scratching my head wondering what’s happened. Yes, top of the league, but it won’t be for long if we continue this. BUT the most surprising thing about today was some strange person voted Wanadio MOTM. WTF? He had a mare! Come on boys. Sort this out before Oxford come a knocking!
Unbelievable you start with not gloss over it. 12 and top. Lol not glossing

Tough tough tough league. Dont deny it. Really hard. Yet after 12 games DFC sit top because of the points accumulated. I await the managers out there. Brilliant in many ways today, brilliant. Jernade i just cant to say how good this man I cannot
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:14 pm did anyone hear the attendance?! would be good if that can get a showing on the scoreboard next game please.
It was on the screen
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

Matt wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:39 pm Does anyone know the 50 / 50 numbers for today please?

50/50
No. 07531
£224.00
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I think we are all missing something here. Chippenham took the game to us and did a very good job to the point where if the guy hadn't missed the header at the end of the first half it would have been game over.
To come back and to go in at half time 2-1 up was a bit of a surprise. But even though they equalised early second half I felt we did enough to have won this easy. Yes, our defense was poor, Meade getting caught out a few times (especially the third). I think maybe bringing Hill on was a mistake because he hardly bolstered a leaky defence. Felt if Steve was going to take off an attacker he should have repalced him with an attacker because we had them on the back foot.
First half I wondered why Murtagh was on the pitch, he gave away so many balls and then Noor started catching the same bug. The first twenty minutes was forgettable but it certainly livened up after we scored.
Credit to Chippenham they played very well without being defensive.
Stand outs for me Bonner, Jebb, Porter, Wanadio and Roberts. Glad the Ade got back on the scoresheet.
But between Luke and George I'm going to give mt MOTM to George, he played a good game, without being in your face, simply because he supported the front two excellently.
Roll on next Saturday, I'm sure it's going to be even harder for us.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Attendance 1,006
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Forgive the spelling, I've had a Talisker. A rather large one. :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

very accurate and fair posts on the game but H T F could Luke [ much as I like him ] get MOTM Madness !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprised at Kingy though Squad of 21 comprises of : 2 gk , 4 centre backs , 9 midfielders , 4 strikers and ONLY 2 FULL BACKS , plenty of cover except for ?????
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fwJoRz0p0
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Gary C wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 pm
Tall Dart wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:14 pm did anyone hear the attendance?! would be good if that can get a showing on the scoreboard next game please.
It was on the screen
ah, sorry Gary missed that. Great idea, really loved the experience the board gives you in and outs etc with photos. Outstanding
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:55 pm Attendance 1,006
cheers ozy
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

0-1 down and I'm thinking here we go again. 2-1 up at half time reminds me why we're still top of the league.
Second half free kick and it's all square until Ade Azeez puts us back infront.
Suddenly we've got our swagger back. Haven't we? Not according to our manager who has been absolutely brilliant since his arrival at this club.
Here was a man, who understandably considering our recent form, was desperate to secure 3 points by shutting up shop. Albeit against an average side who were hardly throwing the kitchen sink at us.
He not only replaced a striker with a centre half but then took off Azeez, who was still making his way around the pitch towards the dugout when Chippenham equalised.
With 5 minutes added on in the second half, with the way the teams were set up, a fourth goal was more likely to come from the away team.
At the end of the day we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory.
Sorry Steve, but as with players and officials alike everyone has an off day, including management, and you cocked up today.
But I have every faith in you getting it right next week.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Zebraboy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:46 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:43 pm Top of the league but let’s not gloss over it. We were piss poor today with passes going astray again. Too often. We ‘nicked’ a lucky goal and spoon fed them three. They also missed three sitters and a 6-3 scoreline to Chippenham would have been about right. I’m scratching my head wondering what’s happened. Yes, top of the league, but it won’t be for long if we continue this. BUT the most surprising thing about today was some strange person voted Wanadio MOTM. WTF? He had a mare! Come on boys. Sort this out before Oxford come a knocking!
Unbelievable you start with not gloss over it. 12 and top. Lol not glossing

Tough tough tough league. Dont deny it. Really hard. Yet after 12 games DFC sit top because of the points accumulated. I await the managers out there. Brilliant in many ways today, brilliant. Jernade i just cant to say how good this man I cannot
Welcome back Reg, brother, cousin, son :o :o 😬
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Not much to add with what has been said already, I thought the number four for them was outstanding he won everything put his way. And showed some class at the end and clapped our fans, unlike the captain who tried to wind the fans up.

Long way to go, still top just on to the next game which will be very tough!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I drove home feeling like we had just lost.
If you score 3 goals at home you would expect to win the game but boy do we need to work on defending against free kicks near our penalty area.
After about 20 minutes most spectators were saying
"What the he'll is going on" because we were nothing short of pathetic.
Since the Sudbury debacle we have been playing like a team low on confidence.
We have a good squad ,a good manager and great support
So let's get this show back on the road
COYDssss!