Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Archie Woods (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Lars Resort

Re: Dartford v Weston-super-Mare Tue 31 Oct 2023

Post by Lars Resort »

Second paragraph of Martin Tyler's report on kentonline says it all for me. Inconsistent this season has really just carried on from last. Just a different squad, that's all.😒
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Could be worse could be a United supporter!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Was just going to post on that Hitchin. Just seen the manager of United on TV. Talk of comparison. Even he is talking like Dowse.
The only difference is he spent millions getting where united are. Lots of money spent and trying to get a new sugar daddy in.
I suppose we could do that, couldn't we?
Not.
Just a thought.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I suppose they all count, but I'd have taken Wall's second all day long. :shock:
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Imho this league is our level .
If by some miracle we were promoted we would have to.fork out and bring in lots of new players .
Now wether we can afford to do that only the board can tell.us.
We have no.money man to bung meganucks into.the club just to keep us in the National league if we did get there.

The board do well to finance a team to keep us in this league
We have to have ambition but as most of us already know.....we will.only go so far with our present set up....imo.....that is not criticism it is fact On the positive side our club is run by real fans ,I just wish that one or two of them were multi millionaires.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Barry
Imho this league is our level .
If by some miracle we were promoted we would have to.fork out and bring in lots of new players .
Now wether we can afford to do that only the board can tell.us.
We have no.money man to bung meganucks into.the club just to keep us in the National league if we did get there.
The board do well to finance a team to keep us in this league
We have to have ambition but as most of us already know.....we will.only go so far with our present set up....imo.....that is not criticism it is fact On the positive side our club is run by real fans ,I just wish that one or two of them were multi millionaires.
I agree with your thoughts entirely
I keep doing the lottery each week with this in mind and I actually think that the wife might just let me put some money into the club if we win :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Darren wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:39 pm
M1 South wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:14 am
rambo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 am

Neither was banning the Yoof from General entry last season!!
They wasn’t banned. If they were serious about supporting the club then they would’ve registered for the youth membership. The fact they haven’t probably confirms what many were thinking, that they were only there to cause trouble.

I chose my words carefully!! I said ‘Banned from general entry’ Which they were!!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

If we can put in performances like the second half the attendances will improve, can't recall a midweek league game that low for some time. As it has been suggested, watching dire football will not get the floaters back through the doors. On the note of the yoof policy, I have a niece who attended 5-10 home games a season with other friends, it was a chance to get out and do something without their parents having to be present to get them in, and even though I have explained what she needs to do I don't think the will is there for all her group of friends, it's too much agg basically. That may sound to others that they are not committed to the cause, but if they are not causing trouble why should they need to register if adults don't. I know the club has explained there is good reason behind the decision, I can't help but feel that it was a bad call, surely you eject the ring leaders and the others will behave, that's what stewards are for. Unfortunately it's a result of the world we live in sadly. I may offend someone official on hear by saying so, but please look at the model we have implemented and what other clubs are doing (and what could be learnt ), as we have lost touch with the next generation. I know there was a rally call by Bonner and Douse last season at some point, but it's not enough.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Tall Dart wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:48 pm If we can put in performances like the second half the attendances will improve, can't recall a midweek league game that low for some time. As it has been suggested, watching dire football will not get the floaters back through the doors. On the note of the yoof policy, I have a niece who attended 5-10 home games a season with other friends, it was a chance to get out and do something without their parents having to be present to get them in, and even though I have explained what she needs to do I don't think the will is there for all her group of friends, it's too much agg basically. That may sound to others that they are not committed to the cause, but if they are not causing trouble why should they need to register if adults don't. I know the club has explained there is good reason behind the decision, I can't help but feel that it was a bad call, surely you eject the ring leaders and the others will behave, that's what stewards are for. Unfortunately it's a result of the world we live in sadly. I may offend someone official on hear by saying so, but please look at the model we have implemented and what other clubs are doing (and what could be learnt ), as we have lost touch with the next generation. I know there was a rally call by Bonner and Douse last season at some point, but it's not enough.
Very well said. Most of us long time supporters started out as casual spectators like your niece, and coming to games can gradually became a habit over time. In my opinion, targetting the youngsters rather than dealing with individual troublemakers was not in the club's best interests. Discrimination solely on the basis of age is unjust, not least because there are more than a few adults whose behaviour is far worse anyway. The effects of this policy will only become apparent as the years go by and we gradually realise there are far fewer newbies coming through. We should be looking for ways to attract people, not discourage them.
rambo

Post by rambo »

The last two posts are spot on. Exactly how I feel about the situation.
Match day has turned into a library for old men
Attitude needs to change to encourage more young fans to attend
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Can't argue with those last few posts, we are going to lose a whole generation of supporters if we are not careful. While we are on the subject, how about laying off some of those match day stewards. Can someone explain what their roles are.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

At Maidstone away last season (the one we lost)
Kent Police wouldn’t even go into the crowd to pull out any potential troublemakers quoting health & safety issues??!! (I’m still not sure if they meant for the crowd or them??) Meanwhile we were all getting pelted!!
So Match day Stewards are hardly likely to want to get involved in anything other then huddling together, randomly pointing & telling fans where they can’t go!!
The whole thing (not just at Dfc) is farcical really!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Douse :D A new play on Alan Dowson. More apt I would say. ;)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

And probably the sparse crowds on Tuesday was due to the youngsters being out on Halloween celebrations on their phones. :D As well as us old fogies staying in for the same reasons. Which is why I'm staying in over the weekend for the Fireworks.