Archie Woods (Sub)
81%
George Whitefield (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 16

ozymandias

Re: Taunton Town v Dartford Sat 2 Sep 2023

Post by ozymandias »

TFW, forgive the slip, it was so long ago. I know that the match was a non event as we had already qualified for the play offs with home advantage after finishing 2nd. Not that that was all any advantage really.
I too have not seen Manny play and it's seems, hardly likely to. Can I claim my money back through non appearance?
I could then put it towards another player I haven't seen yet.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I missed Saturday because of work. But would I have gone if I was off? Not sure. To be honest I’m getting more and more pissed off with the crap Dowse spouts and my ‘loyalty’ to him is hanging by a very slim thread. But I can’t listen to his drivel a moment longer. Someone let me know if he comes out with anything bordering on positivity and team cohesion.

Like Tony H said, currently, my match day experience is more about the two hours before the match with an absolute blast, talking bollocks amongst our aging group. Sadly, it seems that there is an air of inevitability of pending doom come the 85th minute. Quickly followed by an angry journey home to kick the missus and hug the cat!

The last two home games were a breath of fresh air and I feel certain we’ll thrash the pants off Slough to increase the, at least, home confidence. Still unbeaten don’t forget. But, Dowse, cut your crap buddy and get another feckin striker up front and ditch the hoofball. It’s shit and not entertaining. Though I guess, it doesn’t have to be.

Rant over. Until Wednesday? 😆
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I like your confidence Sleightly. I too was very confident that our first win was not far off only a couple of weeks ago but according to traveling fan's we have now slipped back with a lack lustre performance at Taunton.
But then I was not surprised by playing one up top. Having sorted out an iffy defence somewhat, Dowse is now finding he's got his attack lacking having told all and sundry he was very happy with his squad.
And then to drop Beeney after the first game really gives the guy confidence, mind you, Mitch was also being hung out to dry by quite a few on here.
Of course we've got to get behind the lads tonight but confident Sleightly, I am not, even though Slough are bottom of the table, it was only two weeks ago we were third bottom.. Admittedly after 5 games.