Malachi Napa (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Top Cat

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Sat 11 Feb 2023

Post by Top Cat »

Three points achieved in a poor game but it keeps us up there in the playoffs so overall a good outcome . As someone else has already said ,the atmosphere was non existent today ,someone next to me describing it like ( a waiting room at a funeral parlour) . Not sure what the solution is regarding the youth , but we can be in danger of alienating our future supporters? Just a reminder that the bloke who was thrown out at the Welling game for confronting their keeper was well over seventeen , should he now have to be accompanied by an adult ?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:50 pm A poor game an ugly win. Chip's caught out early and didn't really have a finish having controlled a good part of the first half. Came out second and both clubs carried on much like the first. Again we got the early goal and despite Chip's finding the net (albeit offside) they didn't really threaten. Liked the look of their No19 Russe but even he faded in the second half.
The lads looked comfortable with good performances from Statham, Coulson, Bonner and Allen. I've gone for Coulson as my MOTM. Shame about the injury to Charlie, didn't think it was serious when he went off. Hope he recovers quickly but cracked ribs can be a bastard.
Liked the interview with Dowse when the lad said that Ben had a quiet game (as in no goals let in) but vocally Ben was all I could hear second half. Don't think we've ever had a keeper so loud. :D
On to Braintree, another hard fixture.
COYD's
Some might remember Broderick Tucker he sounded like a foghorn.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Foghorn indeed, but struggled to catch a ball from memory !
Skip

Post by Skip »

Harry wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:31 pm Foghorn indeed, but struggled to catch a ball from memory !
Kept goal like Foghorn Leghorn…probably would.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)