Samir Carruthers (Sub)
8%

Total votes: 13

Tony H

Re: FA Trophy 2nd Round Swindon Supermarine v Dartford Sat 19 Nov 2022

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:46 am
Tony H wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:59 am
KentC. wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 am I like Dowse, I’m pleased he is angry and I’ve no problem with him calling out players in fact I’m all for it.
I wasn’t there but would have been nice if while criticising the players he acknowledged the supporters who invest huge amounts of time and money to be served up with this performance.

I don’t think I missed him saying it
That’s the problem with interviews straight after the game. Having exchanged pleasantries with Dowse many times recently I have absolutely no doubt that he and the club appreciate the time, money and commitment it’s fans invest.

I'm with you on this one, always feel like interviews shouldn't happen straight after the game when emotions are high. Dowse isn't stupid he know exactly what he needs to sort but he's not going to be able to explain all of that in a 5 minute interview.

Dowse is a great manager and has had a start to this season nobody saw coming. Now is the time to get those signings hes been talking about through the door to ensure we don't drop off.
Spot on mate!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I was at the game yesterday and it was a really bad day but imo to ask the club to contribute to the fans costs who travelled is ridiculous.
If we play really well and win comfortably they don't ask us for more money :lol: :lol:

You pay your money and take your chances, it's football.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:05 pm I was at the game yesterday and it was a really bad day but imo to ask the club to contribute to the fans costs who travelled is ridiculous.
If we play really well and win comfortably they don't ask us for more money :lol: :lol:

Good point. But my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek Park Life. More of a statement to ‘underline’ the disappointing performance (again in a cup match against lower opposition) combined with respect to you and the other poor sods who, unlike the team, made the effort. Thankfully, our great performances seriously outweigh the shit ones.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I didnt go but the highlights {?} confirmed Dowse's comment that we got bullied but surely our lads have to match up even IF we resort to kicking a few of them " up in the air " better that than being taken the p..s out of being a soft touch , can you imagine the likes of Harry Cripps , Storey, Stiles or Chopper Harris rolling over ????????????

IF I want to see a team of pacifists then I.ll go watch Ladies Netball !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:20 pm
Park Life wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:05 pm I was at the game yesterday and it was a really bad day but imo to ask the club to contribute to the fans costs who travelled is ridiculous.

Good point. But my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek Park Life. More of a statement to ‘underline’ the disappointing performance (again in a cup match against lower opposition) combined with respect to you and the other poor sods who, unlike the team, made the effort. Thankfully, our great performances seriously outweigh the shit ones.
Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular mate as there were a few who made the comment and lets be honest, they will comment again because they are regular supporters who follow the team through thick and thin and days like yesterday p everyone off.

Why do we do it???

It's our team and in our blood........ along with the alcohol :lol: :lol:

See you at Oxford.

COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:23 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:20 pm

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular mate as there were a few who made the comment and lets be honest, they will comment again because they are regular supporters who follow the team through thick and thin and days like yesterday p everyone off.

Why do we do it???

It's our team and in our blood........ along with the alcohol :lol: :lol:

See you at Oxford.

COYD
Got it. Ta.

Sadly missing Oxford too. DFC is DEFFO ‘in the blood’ - but sitting in traffic queues on closed, or partly closed, motorways in midweek isn’t! 😆