Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 45

KSTDART

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Sat 5 Nov 2022

Post by KSTDART »

One thing that deserves a mention was the Braintree keeper who stamped on Connor and then ran his studs down his back when he was laying on the floor in the 6 yard box . It was completely intentional the dirty bastard
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

One of the many improvements with our squad is that we are not relying on one or two players to score the goals.
Dowsons management is also impressive, after the anti football 1st half we were so much better at dealing with the negativity of our opponents in the 2nd period.
To score 3 times with 10 men shows belief and confidence
Braintree came with a plan to get a 0-0 or nick it. But as soon as we scored they had no plan B.
Well done Darts ...football was the big winner in the end.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

What an ugly side to play against, with shirt-pulling, pushing, falling at the least touch, and whinging to the ref. And Braintree chosen for the first televised NLS match!? How enjoyable to see them get their just desserts.
A difficult first half with few chances at either end, with defenders on top; the nearest being a sliced near own goal. A transformation after the interval, with more energy and pace, particularly from Pierre. Maybe fortunate with the penalties, but a sublime looped goal from Luke, followed by an excellent team move with short quick passes from several Darts, playing rings around their defenders for Samir to finish them off in his late sub skilful cameo. Good performances all round with Jack and Maxwell prominent, and Jordan making crucial tackles, making a difficult MOM choice, but went for Luke for the game-changer goal when down to 10 men. A happy drive home.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

As already mentioned the 1st half was absolutely dire but 2nd half a totally different Dartford team came out and started playing on the deck football to which Braindead just couldn’t handle it.

To score not only 1 but 3 goals with only 10 men and win 4-1 just shows the character and fight in the team that Dowse has developed within the players, superb stuff.

Each and every player (except Bonner for obvious reasons) stepped their game up 2nd half and fought for each other and to win every ball possible even with the shithousary tactics from the opposition and piss poor refereeing.

It was another tough decision for my MOTM as so many had excellent games again. Max Statham, Connor Essam, Luke Coulson, Pierre Fonkou, Jack Smith, Josh Johnson but for me Jordan Wynter was superb in that holding central midfield position. He won every ball his way and was solid as a rock.

Well Done to Dowse, his back room team and of course all the players. I’m loving this DFC train ride.

COYD’s
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Special thanks to the back-room team that arranged the two-minute remembrance yesterday. I felt that the addition of the last post playing up to the end of the silence made it a fitting tribute. Great that the fans of both teams showed their respect. We will remember them.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Post Match interview with their manager:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dd4s28
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

“We are just a team of honest guys”??
Jesus…..and Crippen was innocent!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Just watched the highlights, I'm sorry that 2nd yellow for Bonner is a disgraceful decision. It's no more than a shoulder to shoulder and not a bookable offence. Even the linesman didn't even give the foul and he's got the best view of it.

And then their manager has the balls to say the ref got stuff wrong for his team.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

All I can say is that we got justice in the end after the Brainless reputation of play acting when tackled with the writhing in agony and protesting constantly to the referee time wasting along with constant shoving in the backs and shirt pulling tactics that they got away with early during the first half things then changed.
Once ahead from the penalty they had to make up for the time wasting and it exposed their inability to do much else other than the above with very little football from them and we took full advantage with two very good goals and the penalty at the end rubbing it in so softly stroked in rather than a powerful shot.
The criticism of the referee I agree with but he did award us two penalties which on another day might not have be given .
My question to fans is did they see what Charlie did to be booked so early on as from behind the goal we didn't think the referee or linesman saw the incident and he booked Charlie only after the Brainless player protested ?
Last edited by Trevor B on Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

If their manager claimed that the ref got stuff wrong for his team, he is dead right. There was constant shirt pulling and two-handed pushing in the back by his defenders that the ref totally ignored. How their captain did not see yellow, at a minimum, for the push right in front of the referee after the second penalty decision is beyond belief. Also, the number two for kicking the ball off the penalty spot after it had been placed. The referee gave them so much slack that they managed to hang themselves.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:34 am Not much to add to all that. Tom should have known better than to put himself in that position. However, on a yellow that he knew suspends him for one game, does he now get two games banned?
My understanding is that it just counts as the first yellow in the next set of five. I don't believe it makes any difference to the one match ban.
Spike

Post by Spike »

M1 South wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:48 am “We are just a team of honest guys”??
Jesus…..and Crippen was innocent!!
My favourite was "You want it to be boring and it was". That's a great objective and probably explains why their supporters could have all come in the same car.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Spike wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:01 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:34 am Not much to add to all that. Tom should have known better than to put himself in that position. However, on a yellow that he knew suspends him for one game, does he now get two games banned?
My understanding is that it just counts as the first yellow in the next set of five. I don't believe it makes any difference to the one match ban.
Cheers Spike.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Trevor, my view from behind the goal to the right was that their defender pulled the bottom of Charlie's shirt so it was about 45 degrees from his back, as they ran towards the ball, which was some way away. Charlie was rightly annoyed and pushed the defender away to get free, and who fell as if poleaxed and stayed down; cue appeals to the ref who would probably have been watching the ball rather than the incident. If he had seen it, he should surely have booked their player too. Charlie, with his experience, ought not to have reacted as he did, although quite understandable. Braintree got what they wanted and continued to harass Charlie in the hope of another booking/red card.
Don't like criticising opposition or officials, but that does look like cheating.
Nin

Post by Nin »

does make me laugh that the two supporters on their forum blame "dodgy officiating" for their loss.
https://braintreeforum.proboards.com/th ... raintree-1
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Thanks Brian L
Trevor, my view from behind the goal to the right was that their defender pulled the bottom of Charlie's shirt so it was about 45 degrees from his back, as they ran towards the ball, which was some way away. Charlie was rightly annoyed and pushed the defender away to get free, and who fell as if poleaxed and stayed down; cue appeals to the ref who would probably have been watching the ball rather than the incident. If he had seen it, he should surely have booked their player too. Charlie, with his experience, ought not to have reacted as he did, although quite understandable. Braintree got what they wanted and continued to harass Charlie in the hope of another booking/red card.
Don't like criticising opposition or officials, but that does look like cheating.
That makes some sense as to what Charlie did and why he retaliated but not worthy of a booking
Skip

Post by Skip »

Great to see Dowse’s team starting to really show its potential. It’s taken a few adjustments and some key loan signings but we certainly look a formidable opponent now. Moving Wynts into the holding midfield role and adding the energy of both Smudger and Josh has allowed us to control and dominate games for longer periods which we never achieved earlier in the season. I got so much pleasure out of yesterday’s performance against a dire opponent. It actually feels now that we are building a proper team spirit that was always evident in TBs best squads and promotion winning sides. I have to praise the number of crucial, timely substitutions employed by Dowse during this unbeaten league run, too. In a very short time it’s becoming apparent why Dowse achieved success at all his previous clubs.

Thank you to the players and Dowse for providing me with so much optimism for what lays ahead.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Skip wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:12 pm
It actually feels now that we are building a proper team spirit that was always evident in TBs best squads and promotion winning sides.

Thank you to the players and Dowse for providing me with so much optimism for what lays ahead.
Absolutely spot on Gary. I was having exactly the same thoughts myself. I can't ever forget our first season back in the top non league division, when we finished the highest placed part time team in the country. What I particularly liked at that time was the fact that, in the main, TB placed his faith in the team that earned promotion from the South. A certain Mark Arber was one a the few new additions to the squad and he brought so much experience to the team and I'm sure a young Tom Bonner at that time learnt so much playing alongside him.

I never felt that to be the case at the end of last season.

I also love reminding my son and granddaughter, Wrexham supporters, that the strongly fancied Wrexham failed to beat the Darts at the Racecourse ground in our 3 visits to their ground. Still great memories to treasure.
Could the Darts perhaps make a similar challenge again this season and beat the full time teams to no 1 spot come the end of the season? It's a big ask, but I can dream. Yes, it could all go pear shape. Bit at least that would mean we would not have to face a possible playoff v Braintree if we achieve our own ambitions.

So yes Gary, with you all the way. No pressure!!

COYD