Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
4%
Kristian Campbell (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 25

Spike

Re: Dover v Dartford Tue 13 Sep 2022

Post by Spike »

We've not had the greatest start to the season and I was worried about this fixture, but crikey, we are Barcelona in comparison to Dover. There's always been a great rivalry between the two clubs and whatever we think about each other, this fixture has never been an easy game for either side. However, if last night is anything to go on, I don't think I've ever seen Dover in such disarray as they are right now. They started reasonably well and did pose us problems for the first 10-15 mins, but their defence has more holes than a Swiss cheese on a rifle range and their desire appeared to be lacking too. Once we got in front the game was effectively over and Darts cruised to a 3-0 lead. The one blip on the night was the criminal way in which we completely switched off at a corner, just after scoring our third, practically gifting Dover their goal. That must have helped Hessie with his half-time talk as it gave them a sniff of a chance and they did come out with a bit of enthusiasm for 5-10 mins in the second half, but this soon fizzled out enabling Darts to see out the game at a stroll, Tom Bonner marshalling the defence superbly and earning my MOTM vote. Probably the most comfortable win we've ever had at Dover. I thought they'd be contenders this season but at the moment, they really are struggling.

As many other Darts fans have already commented, their shambolic performance on the pitch was surpassed only by the ludicrous restrictions imposed on the travelling Darts. No proper signage and insufficient lighting meant that Darts fans were sent walking back and forth for what felt like miles as we struggled to find a way in to the ground. It seemed a ridiculous match to segregate, but we were told it was for reasons of safety on account of them having a group of fans who they can't control and they feared confrontation. Presumably much easier to p*** off all the visiting fans than actually deal with the troublemakers. It is all too common for stupid things to be done in the name of health and safety, the most common being yellow lines painted on areas that anyone with half a brain can see would be perfectly safe to stand in and pose no risk whatsoever. Well if Dover really are serious in their concern for visiting fans, they should be far more worried about the route out of the visitors enclosed area and back to the car park, especially for night games. This was so poorly lit and downright dangerous for anyone who might have been even a little unsteady on their feet. It posed far greater risk of injury than their supporters. Dover need to sort themselves out, both on and off the pitch.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:36 pm
Park Life wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm
Trevor B wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:25 pm Park Life mentioned

Steve were we following the same diversion signs as you which took us to the Ramsgate/M2 roundabout ?
I know mate, miles out of the way.........
Coach did the same, all the way past Pfizer (Sandwich) and up to Minster to pick up the Thanet Way. Was left wondering why we didn’t just take the M20, perhaps there was a valid reason but getting in gone midnight is so pre-Covid.
I went to the port and M20 after finding the diversion directions to be a load of shit. Anyway, won’t be going back to that shithole any time soon.

Well pleased with Darts performance. Charlie looks like he’s lost a few pounds and Frimpong looked lively! Murtagh played well too. Fighting for his place now?

Bonzo Bonner leading the choir at the end was the highlight of the night. Outshone all three goals! MOTM? His lad!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just watched the highlights , game won 1st half and [ I commented on this last night ] for the 1st time this season a quality Referee !!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I think basically everything that needs to be said has been done so already on the game, ground & route home.
The one thing that got me and really shows the shithousary of Dover is the fact they turned all the stadium lights off in the middle of Martin Tyler’s interview. A couple of their stewards walked past in the stand and into their control room and saw the interview take place yet they switched all the lights off and put Martin & our interviewer into pitch darkness, the funny thing is they still carried on with the interview 🤣🤣.

Certainly won’t be going back to the CRAPHOLE again and we should treat them the same way when they come to us.