Dan Roberts (Sub)
3%
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Worthing Sat 27 Aug 2022

Post by ozymandias »

I think you're being a bit harsh on some of the others Duke. For me, Carruthers again was outstanding but did fall into the trap of seeming to not know what to do second half. The long ball out by Worthing and two players converging on Samir, for him to control the ball first time and leave the pair of them for dead was sublime.
If Allen and Coulson had taken their chances when clean through on goal we would have been out of sight. 3-0 up early second half with Worthing playing pretty football and creating no goal chances for all of it. I think we are all being unfair. Yes, we faded from the game and paid for it.
Yes, we missed Rodari and to some extent Wykes, no offence to Joe. The defence was all at sea on both goals and this is where we need fresh blood in my opinion.
I agree on Alex, he showed some nice touches but he's not even a 45 minute man. I did question a few signings at the start of the summer and that's as far as I'll go with that.
As said it was a revelation for a lot to see Kristian playing as he did second half. :o
Let's hope for a result at HH tomorrow.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Those questioning the commitment and passion of Steve Irving, Dave Skinner and Tony Burman are obviously new to the club and have no idea just how much those three individuals have put into the club. First off ensuring that it rose like a phoenix from the ashes, keeping us going through hard times and gradually building to the club we are today. The reasons that SK was sacked are widely known and all around the fact that he wanted the club to change its ethos from a supporter owned club. If that ever happens then DFC will be in danger of going out of existence once again - look what happened to Greenwich Borough, who ground-shared at PP, as soon as their money man sadly passed away suddenly. That club no longer exists. Heaven forbid that people like Steve, Dave and Tony ever decide that enough is enough and walk away.

As to the latest performances - I saw the game at Taunton and for an hour we looked fairly comfortable. Bear in mind though that Taunton have only conceded one goal at most in a game. The opening day at Bath saw a good 2-0 win - and that is the only game Bath have lost........
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

All this crap about the directors etc doesn’t hide we’re abysmal on the pitch. All this lucky we have a club drivel attitude is just excuses for failure. Someone has even mentioned Ryan , what a load of garbage.
There are splits in the fans opinions on here, those who want to see the first team perform well consistently and those that are happy with conference south mediocrity.
All this hail TB , Mr Irvine etc etc need to move on.
We all know they do a great job running the club and deserve all the credit they get but a lot of this praise his trying to make excuses for the crap on the pitch by the management and coaching team they have brought in. And on the pitch is tripe right now.

I have no issue with Dowse I will back him it is early but some of the rubbish were producing must be questioned.

Some have no ambition and are just happy with the constant bore of lucky we have a club etc.
yes we know but move on for gods sake
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I am a Kingy supporter and been supporting this club for 45 years so will always want was best for the club and I feel I am allowed to air them views on here. I do not have any inside knowledge of the club as to the exact reasons for his sacking only what the club put out which to be honest was not much so I only see we sacked a successful manager and now we are no where near the team we were, but I don’t feel criticism of Steve Irving Dave Skinner or Tony Burman is right either. I agree with Park Life the sacking of Kingy has caused a split in the supporters of the club and I see Welling got a crowd of just over 900 yesterday so maybe some have moved there to watch football.

I will support Dowse all the time he is manager of this club but does not mean he is exempt from criticism and I feel he has got some players that are just not up to it Wall is not interested not sure why Wynter was on the bench yesterday and I assume Wilks is injured, to say the squad is too small is a understatement and feel we need to show the door and get others that care in the door but I think it’s to late to bring in any players of note in, not sure if Dowse has the contacts his predecessor had.

One thing that really gets to me is the quote we have our club back not sure what was really meant by that but I’m a season ticket holder I go to as many away matches as I possibly can, I brought shares in the share scheme and buy tickets for 50/50 etc, ok I do not volunteer on match days but does it make less of being my club and I never thought I had lost the club just feel we are not the footballing team we were,

Sadly I feel if we need to progress as a club into the league above and beyond we need outside investment and that is not the way the club is set up so again sadly I think we are at our level now
rambo

Post by rambo »

I may have been watching a different game but I thought we generally played well and I was particularly pleased with the contributions of Campbell , statham, Samir and Lovatt
We missed davide then putting Pierre out wide ( wing back I believe) was a waste of time. These two make a decent strike force
No point in calling out wall he missed pre season and is rusty , he needs a slow intro until he is up to speed
We were doing fine until wall leaned on the 18 ( fairly) he rolled around and wall got booked then the 6 did the same to get us another yellow
From that point we should have copied their tactics to see out the game for a point. They did a job on us and their manager is proud of his cheating
The fact is our squad may not be good enough , our manager may not be good enough and our board may not be good enough but they all deserve a chance to see what they can do
The reality is whatever we do we will finish below ebbsfleet and H&M and probably Dover so the best we can hope for is top 7
There is no reason why we can’t finish top 7 with one or two decent additions so we need to keep level heads
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

If this is the shit that is to pervade these, otherwise, excellent pages, then I’m out! C’mon admins - get rid of the jerks!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Worthing started to play like a full Hungerford side towards the end of the game and I for one could see no reason for it. They had us encamped in our half and clueless as to what to do, hanging on for dear life???? Why resort to those tactic's?
Add to that, I've never seen a keeper involved so much in a game and any team with a bit of savvy would suss them out long before half time.
As for the idiots who, after years of pent up frustration at us being the better team than theirs, Why? for Christ's sake, do we have the odd herbert rising to the bait?
We know who they are. IGNORE THEM.
F**K me. It's not rocket science.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Babylon said
I made it 2 shots at goal in the 2nd half for us.
One hit the crossbar and the other effort was a shot that I could have saved.

There is a long way to go but our capitulation today was very concerning.
Barry you also said to me at half time "We will be lucky to get anything out of this game"
You were certainly proved right :(
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I can’t believe that after watching the highlites we actually had 3 defenders surrounding the Worthing goalscorer for their 1st goal and we still allowed him to turn and shoot into the bottom corner with his back to goal 😳😳.
Absolutely crazy defending.