Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

The Futures White

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by The Futures White »

Former Darts loanee Junior Tiensia has been released by Millwall.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Does anyone remember Roger Keen our goalkeeper back in the 70's. If so, can you give me a little information on him?
I have a neighbour who having found out a I was a supporter, suddenly sprung it on me that Roger is her Nephew. She says he now lives in Poole.
I do remember him playing but have passed my 'Princes among men' onto a good home.
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:25 pm Does anyone remember Roger Keen our goalkeeper back in the 70's. If so, can you give me a little information on him?
I have a neighbour who having found out a I was a supporter, suddenly sprung it on me that Roger is her Nephew. She says he now lives in Poole.
I do remember him playing but have passed my 'Princes among men' onto a good home.
I'm friends with him on Facebook. If you message me your contact details I can pass them on to him.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Jake Robinson joins Worthing. Gutted as he never got the chance really but a nice local move for him.

Good luck Robbo!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Disappointed on that one, really felt like he deserved more chances last season so don't blame him for moving on at all.

Hopefully we will have some players retained for next season!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I'm disappointed Jake has gone cause we never saw the best of him due to injuries and the inability of our other front men to spot him in acres of space whilst blasting away with their heads down , hope he does well at Worthing in ALL but 2 of their matches next season !!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Duke wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:34 pm I'm disappointed Jake has gone cause we never saw the best of him due to injuries and the inability of our other front men to spot him in acres of space whilst blasting away with their heads down , hope he does well at Worthing in ALL but 2 of their matches next season !!!
He lives in Brighton so its a good move for him.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Worthing away is a definite weekender!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Excellent player, pretty much guaranteed 20 - 25 goals every season when fit and playing regularly.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A shame Jake has gone as never really got as much of a chance as he should’ve done. He unfortunately suffered a bit with injuries this season but still should’ve got more game time than he did.
Good Luck to him apart from the games against us.
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:25 pm Does anyone remember Roger Keen our goalkeeper back in the 70's. If so, can you give me a little information on him?
Roger is in the centre at the back. He played over 400 games for the Darts.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Looks like Jebb is off looking at his Twitter my guess is Dorking
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Another quality player lost, probably the biggest one so far.

Dan Wilks has also removed Dartford FC from his twitter biography, so one to keep an eye on. :(
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Good Luck to Jebb shame he’s gone but I’ve also heard he’s joining Dorking so no real surprise, playing a league above & joining a successful team with money.

As for Dan Wilks I really hope he stays but again I’ve heard he’s supposedly joining Welling. I really can’t understand why these players all want to leave Dartford for a club like Welling 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dorkings twitter says they are announcing a new signing at lunch time Wednesday and this could well be Jack Jebb , he deserves a chance to play at a higher level so it makes sense and he will go with Darts fans best wishes , IF Dan Wilks signs for a higher league club then same applies but NOT IF he goes to Welling as it can only be for some extra wages as everything else about them is inferior to the Darts !!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Good luck to Jebb, I wouldn't mind swapping him out with Darren Oldaker. As for Wilks, if Welling sign him ahead of us then it can only be for more dosh. Looks like our friends from the Bustop will be looking at the playoffs next season.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Spike wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:41 pm
Roger is in the centre at the back. He played over 400 games for the Darts.
Roger was my favourite DFC keeper until the arrival of Marcus Bettinelli. He wouldn't be out of place in today's game and had a massive kick on him, I swear the ball
came down with ice on it. That is a great picture, always good to see my old mate and former cricket buddy Gary Julians in these old shots too.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Thats the biggest loss so far and one I feared. Good luck at Dorking Jack.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thanks for that Spike, that's the photo I found. Tumbridge and Willie O as well as Julians in that frame. Alway's remember playing Bishop Auckland in the QF's of the Trophy? When Aidan O'Sullivan was a real terrier in Midfield and was properly in their face. I believe we won 2-0 and both of Bishop's subs were sent off in the space of 5 minutes, one for stamping on Aidan in the center circle.
Seeing that photo brought back Roger's performances and what an outstanding keeper he was.