Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by JCJ »

Ade signed for Welling, what is happening

Post by 180 »

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I would like to think that the club already has targets it wants to sign ahead of the new manager coming in. Then again the reality is that out of contract or non-contract players are seeking to ensure they have a club to play for next season. Ade has been attracted to training three mornings a week at what seems to be a full time(ish) Welling.

COYD
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

The manager picks the players not the club!!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

M1 South wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:58 pm The manager picks the players not the club!!
Tongue now out of cheek!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

M1 South wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:58 pm The manager picks the players not the club!!
But we haven't got a manager to pick players to come in or leave (yet) !!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

A few rumours that Wilks also on his way to Welling. This was my biggest fear when I heard the news about a management changed was that we are going to lose the bulk of our squad including a fair few key players.

Ade wasn't really on it the 2nd half of last season, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the top scorers table at the end of the season.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Nice guy Ade but 2 goals at NLS level in last 30 games suggests that he will NOT be a big loss to Dartford , even Kingy was not starting him in last few games , Dan Wilks suprised IF he goes as surely TB would have given him a " cuddle " and after all of his MOTM performances he should have no doubts as to staying with us next season , perhaps the new money man at Welling is offering big bucks , hope Jake Robinson is waiting for a chat with Dowse as he is the sort of [ natural } goalscorer that Dowse loves

Bit suprised Dowse is having a break as he has already had a 3 month one after leaving Woking , hope its only for 2/3days ???
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:53 pm Bit suprised Dowse is having a break as he has already had a 3 month one after leaving Woking , hope its only for 2/3days ???
I'd be surprised if his phone is off though :D :D
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Kory Roberts has been released by Bromley. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dartford shirt next season.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

The Futures White wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:14 pm Kory Roberts has been released by Bromley. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dartford shirt next season.
Agree TFW ,a very good centre half with pace ,and looked at home alongside Tom .
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Dinanga has been retained by altrincham according to their forum.Like Kory he lives in the midlands as does Shaun Jeffers incidentally so unlikely to sign any of these permanently I would have thought.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Darren McQueen and Kenny Clark both released by Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I wouldn’t be surprised if McQueen signed for Dulwich Hamlet again as that’s where he spent most of last season on loan.
I’d like to see him back at Dartford though, we almost had him on loan last season but for Dagenham demands.

I never used to rate Kenny Clark much when he played for us previously but there’s obviously something about him because he’s been playing higher level football ever since.
I could possibly see him going back to Ebbsfleet again where he spent a few seasons and was a fans favourite.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just watched Adi Azeeze 1st interview at Welling when he said " he is a big powerful striker " and " he likes to get behind defences " , I've NOT seen the Powerful striker bit , but the 2nd bit I have [ loads of times ] and its called " Offside " !!!!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

The Duke wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm Just watched Adi Azeeze 1st interview at Welling when he said " he is a big powerful striker " and " he likes to get behind defences " , I've NOT seen the Powerful striker bit , but the 2nd bit I have [ loads of times ] and its called " Offside " !!!!!
Spot on!

When ever he went through I looked straight over at the lineo!
Skip

Post by Skip »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:12 pm
The Duke wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm Just watched Adi Azeeze 1st interview at Welling when he said " he is a big powerful striker " and " he likes to get behind defences " , I've NOT seen the Powerful striker bit , but the 2nd bit I have [ loads of times ] and its called " Offside " !!!!!
Spot on!

When ever he went through I looked straight over at the lineo!
Might as well tape a flag to his head and save the lino a job.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

In fairness teams played a really high line with ade and on several occasions he was definitely onside when flagged.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Former loanee Rob Howard signs for Welling. Can’t say I remember him but apparently he played 7 games for us in 2019.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Jay May has retired and Ryan Sawyer signs for Ashford.