NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

M1 South

Re: NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: ALAN DOWSON

Post by M1 South »

Judging by all those fan’s comments it might be easier all round if we all just went to watch Woking play next season??
Last edited by M1 South on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I do sincerely hope that we retain the Dartford “core” (Bonner, Essam, Hill, Allen, Wynter) plus one or two others from Dan Roberts, Leonard, Meade, Jebb, Murtagh. Let’s see….
Spike

Post by Spike »

M1 South wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:59 pm Judging if by all those fan’s comments it might be easier all round if we all just went to watch Woking play next season??
Surely, judging by the Woking fans' comments, it would make more sense if they came and watched us.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Spike wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 pm
M1 South wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:59 pm Judging if by all those fan’s comments it might be easier all round if we all just went to watch Woking play next season??
Surely, judging by the Woking fans' comments, it would make more sense if they came and watched us.
Based on all the positive comments from the Woking fans I best Dowse would be pleased to renew acquaintances with them, too!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I was happy when Kingy came in
But I wasn't unhappy when he went.

But it is a new dawn and hopefully not to much chopping and changing with the team and a settled squad.
Looking forward to next season and some entertaining football

Welcome to DFC Mr Dowson!
rambo

Post by rambo »

Tony H wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:06 pm I do sincerely hope that we retain the Dartford “core” (Bonner, Essam, Hill, Allen, Wynter) plus one or two others from Dan Roberts, Leonard, Meade, Jebb, Murtagh. Let’s see….
The one player I would dearly love to be retained is kory roberts
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Kory was on loan however has been released by Bromley. He lives on the west midlands so unlikely to choose a part time club down south i would have thought.I agree it would be great to have him but dowse seems to like the bigger defenders according to the working fans.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Kory will be difficult to replace.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

By the sounds of Dowse running of clubs I doubt there will be very few of the players left from last seasons squad. If you could call it a squad
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

We will see but I think Dowse would be crazy to get rid of the bulk of the remaining squad at Dartford as those players were good enough to get us into the play offs , of course there will be outgoings and he will bring in some of his [ proven] faves from the past but I feel sure TB will be having a quiet word in his ear as Dowse would be stupid to get of on the wrong foot with the Darts fans !!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'd also like a lot of the current squad to stay but for various reasons i think that is unlikely.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

WHY ???????????????
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Some have already signed for other clubs and a few are already in talks with others as the vast majority are free agents now.
A few are easily good enough to go full time/play higher level and may try that option.
We had quite a few loan players and unlikely we will re-sign them all.
Its possible a few may just want to go elsewhere/want a new challenge.

But i think the main reason will be Dowse will no doubt have quite a few players on his radar and will want them so some will have to make way.

Just like every other season really and when a new manager comes in. Nothing sinister just football.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I think the majority of the squad will leave of their own accord, regardless of who Dowse would want to keep if he got the chance. One of the features of King's reign was that everything felt temporary and I suspect that very few players had any kind of affinity with our club. That, coupled with the fact that so many were only loanees anyway, leads me to believe we will see wholesale changes to the squad. I think that was inevitable from the moment SK was ousted. Nevertheles, as good as those players are, despite getting close we still didn't quite get it right on the pitch when it mattered most. I always felt that under Kingy, we had a fantastic squad but somehow the whole was often less than the sum of all the parts. He has left behind some great players but even if large numbers DO leave, who's to say we won't have a better TEAM next season. I choose to remain optimistic.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

The Duke wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:01 pm We will see but I think Dowse would be crazy to get rid of the bulk of the remaining squad at Dartford as those players were good enough to get us into the play offs , of course there will be outgoings and he will bring in some of his [ proven] faves from the past but I feel sure TB will be having a quiet word in his ear as Dowse would be stupid to get of on the wrong foot with the Darts fans !!!!

With respect, it’s got f*** all to do with TB. Dowse is now the manager and the length of his tenure will depend on his results with his team - good or bad.

But as you’ve mentioned TB, I seem to recall SK saying in interviews that had to go to TB to approve signings. If that is the case, then TB should shoulder some blame for the amount of players used last season
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I see Wes Fogden and Dan Lincoln have been released by Dorking W's. Now I know that they would probably not stray far from the South Coast and will probably end up at Havant&W. But Dan Lincoln would be a great asset for us if Wilksy is thinking of leaving. Superb keeper.
I wonder if Dowse has pulling power? ;)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:28 pm I see Wes Fogden and Dan Lincoln have been released by Dorking W's. Now I know that they would probably not stray far from the South Coast and will probably end up at Havant&W. But Dan Lincoln would be a great asset for us if Wilksy is thinking of leaving. Superb keeper.
I wonder if Dowse has pulling power? ;)
Wilksy is, by far, the better keeper and would much sober see him retained if that’s possible.

I’m strongly suspecting that the majority of last seasons squad will leave and that will be a huge shame. That would have been the case of Kingy was still the manager. I agree with the view that the majority that finished the season were in it for the short haul.

Let’s see….
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Wes Fogden has gone to Poole and the worst news is that Jason Prior has gone to Havant , I just hope that we keep circa 6 of our squad [excl Jebb who is almost certain to go one step higher ] and Dowse adds to it
I dont think the Loanees wil lreturn for geographical reasons !!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I'm going to be optimistic and say that TB and the board have already spoken with most of the players and that we will see quite a few remain with the club.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Keeping fingers crossed for Wilks, T-Bon, Meade, Jebb, Carruthers & Leonard.
Would be happy to see Essam, Wynter, Allen, Kalala and Robinson re-sign.
Love to see a deadly partnership up top á la Haworth/Burns or Romain/McQueen.
No pressure, but it has to be at least a top 4 finish!