V184

Re: Steve King

Post by V184 »

Jonty wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:11 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm
V184 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

I was told King had spent 20% of next seasons budget on two players ? :o
an Ebbsfleet fan commenting on overspending..oh the irony
It should read: Dartfords budget is 20% of Ebbsfleets. We don't have a sugar daddy who keeps writing off million pound plus losses. I look forward to the day when "The Good Doctor" moves on, it will be a leveller. Maybe, this is what Boris means about levelling up.
Sorry i thought the Dartford tax payer was financing you ? Anyway lets keep on track
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

V184 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:14 pm
Jonty wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:11 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

an Ebbsfleet fan commenting on overspending..oh the irony
It should read: Dartfords budget is 20% of Ebbsfleets. We don't have a sugar daddy who keeps writing off million pound plus losses. I look forward to the day when "The Good Doctor" moves on, it will be a leveller. Maybe, this is what Boris means about levelling up.
Sorry i thought the Dartford tax payer was financing you ? Anyway lets keep on track
Where do you get the idea the Dartford taxpayer is financing us? True, the Council built the ground, but that was paid for out of capital reserves not current (Council Tax) income. Admittedly the Council don't get much return on the investment since they only charge us a peppercorn rent, but aren't Ebbsfleet in the same situation in that regard?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

https://www.dartfordfc.com/steve-king-f ... statement/

Following a lengthy discussion at our board meeting last night the directors made the unanimous decision to dispense with the services of Steve King after a little over two and a half years.

In that time our league position has been a source of pride. Finishing in the play offs three seasons in a row is a huge achievement.

Steve King is clearly a talented manager hence his initial appointment.

However, Dartford FC is built on stability and the wider footballing and supporter family within the community.

Our recent approach to player recruitment, development and retention, though successful in terms of league position, hasn’t perhaps proved to be best fit for us and our ambitions / plans going forward. Steve is a talented professional manager but the board is very conscious of the responsibility we have to the club’s history and its future.

We would like to place on record our thanks to Steve King for his tireless efforts since his appointment and we sincerely wish him well in whatever he does next.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

However, Dartford FC is built on stability and the wider footballing and supporter family within the community.

Our recent approach to player recruitment, development and retention, though successful in terms of league position, hasn’t perhaps proved to be best fit for us and our ambitions / plans going forward. Steve is a talented professional manager but the board is very conscious of the responsibility we have to the club’s history and its future.

Strange form of words. I can only think it means they have come to the conclusion that his face doesn't fit.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Silverado wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:52 pm

Strange form of words. I can only think it means they have come to the conclusion that his face doesn't fit.
The way I interpret it is that King would've wanted to continue the same recruitment policy this season and it's just not financially sustainable especially if we don't get promoted again, so they decided to part ways.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Sacked for being successful.
First season. Recruited to save us from relegation. Lost on penalties in the play offs. Huge sighs of relief from the board.
Second season. Second in the league. Covid hit. Huge sighs of relief from the board.
Third season. Playing some of the best football ever seen by some in 50 years. So sell our best player. Near miss in the place offs. Huge sighs of relief from the board.

Yeah great decision that board members. Thanks. Its no different to having an owner in charge. Total disregard for the fans points of view. A club run by the few for themselves.
Last edited by DFCTALK on Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

[*]Our recent approach to player recruitment, development and retention, though successful in terms of league position, hasn’t perhaps proved to be best fit for us and our ambitions / plans going forward. Steve is a talented professional manager but the board is very conscious of the responsibility we have to the club’s history and its future.

What I take from that statement is Dartford just couldn’t match Steve Kings expectations when it came to budget ?
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

DFCTALK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm

First season. Recruited to save us from relegation. Lost on penalties in the play offs. Huge sighs of relief from the board.
Second season. Second in the league. Covid hit. Huge sighs of relief from the board.
Third season. Playing some of the best football ever seen by some in 50 years. So sell our best player. Near miss in the place offs. Huge sighs of relief from the board.
It saves the board pretending for another year that they want to go up. At least we all know now.

Yeah great decision that board members. Thanks.
I think there are a lot of us older fans who would actually agree with you ?
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Top Cat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:26 pm
DFCTALK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm [Silverado post_id=5437 time=1653497556 user_id=70]

It saves the board pretending for another year that they want to go up. At least we all know now.

Yeah great decision that board members. Thanks.
I think there are a lot of us older fans who would actually agree with you ?
[/quote]

Thank you Top Cat. We are now totally back to square one. This goes wrong now criticism should be aimed fairly and squarely on the board.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

And Mr Kennedy. As Jesus said to his father on the cross. My job is done. You can stand down now.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

DFCTALK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:00 pm And Mr Kennedy. As Jesus said to his father on the cross. "My job is done" Have you had the call to say you can stand down now
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m reading into that, that the board were as pissed off with the ‘tinkering’ as (most of) the rest of us. I’m no expert (at anything actually) but I’m pretty sure that is not the way forward. As much as I detest Maidstone FC, I cannot but admire Hakan. I wish we had him. But isn’t hindsight beautiful?
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:06 pm I’m reading into that, that the board were as pissed off with the ‘tinkering’ as (most of) the rest of us. I’m no expert (at anything actually) but I’m pretty sure that is not the way forward. As much as I detest Maidstone FC, I cannot but admire Hakan. I wish we had him. But isn’t hindsight beautiful?
Slightly when you say " most of us" who do you speak for ? What more could a manager do then guarantee a play off. Lets stop all this nonsense. Its a decision made by a few at the top who simply dislike him. Some at the very top. So lets stop all the bullshit. Hes been sacked because hes not popular with a few people. Total disregard for the majority. And slightly when you reply how i can say the majority i say that because of a rise in attendances. For those who read the forum and dont post dont be taken in by it all. Its a big club on the outside but a small one in fact on the inside.
Last edited by DFCTALK on Wed May 25, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:42 pm https://www.dartfordfc.com/steve-king-f ... statement/

Following a lengthy discussion at our board meeting last night the directors made the unanimous decision to dispense with the services of Steve King after a little over two and a half years.

In that time our league position has been a source of pride. Finishing in the play offs three seasons in a row is a huge achievement.

Steve King is clearly a talented manager hence his initial appointment.

We would like to place on record our thanks to Steve King for his tireless efforts since his appointment and we sincerely wish him well in whatever he does next.

I appreciate there is only so much the club can say but unless king wanted to bankrupt the club with expensive signings and loans this leave little to understand the decision. As hard as it may be I feel more needs to come out because at the moment this looks a load of shite
Sleightly Deceptive

DFCTALK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:07 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:06 pm I’m reading into that, that the board were as pissed off with the ‘tinkering’ as (most of) the rest of us. I’m no expert (at anything actually) but I’m pretty sure that is not the way forward. As much as I detest Maidstone FC, I cannot but admire Hakan. I wish we had him. But isn’t hindsight beautiful?
Slightly when you say " most of us" who do you speak for ?
Those who were pissed off with the tinkering.

In my season-long attendance at home and away games (since October,) I found that it was ‘most of’ Darts fans I spoke to, had a similar opinion. Well, let’s say from the new year.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:11 pm

In my season-long attendance at home and away games (since October,) I found that it was ‘most of’ Darts fans I spoke to, had a similar opinion. Well, let’s say from the new year.
How many would you say out of the average crowd of 1300 at home. Roughly how many ? Just give a number
Sleightly Deceptive

DFCTALK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:18 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:11 pm

How many would you say out of the average crowd of 1300 at home. Roughly how many ? Just give a number
I’m not going to go down the road that you are trying to lay before me. Suffice to say that the majority of of the people I spoke with were also disappointed with the tinkering. I did not have time to speak to all 1300. Sorry.

I detect that you are spoiling for a ‘forum fight’ - ya not getting one. We’re all DFC fans. We all have different opinions. I’m cool that ‘ours’ may differ based on your, ah, ‘queries’ of my post. But I’ve said my bit and I don’t wish to hog the page.
GPS

Post by GPS »

Letting SK go The best thing this club has done for ages there is a certain person Brown knows should go with him and we all hope he does
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

GPS wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:32 pm Letting SK go The best thing this club has done for ages there is a certain person Brown knows should go with him and we all hope he does
Assuming you mean nose ? Lol. People can say what they want as long as its what the many on here want to hear. Really strange
V184

Post by V184 »

Second round of interviews pm tomorrow/friday with decision at weekend/Monday more exciting than the kent cup :!: